Unable to update to 30O after unlocking boatloader?

1. oneeyedhobbit
    Gingerbread Sep 11, 2014

oneeyedhobbit , Sep 11, 2014 :
    Hey everyone,

I just got my OPO today! Since unlocking the boatloader wipes everything, I figured I should do this first, and that I might as well root my device. This went along swimmingly thanks to the guide at https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...oader-install-custom-recovery-and-root.64487/. However, I've now unable to update Cyanogen mod. I'm getting a message that XNPH 30O is ready to be installed, and pushing the OTA "install now" button reboots and takes me into TWRP, which fails to install the zip.

I figured this might be due to a non-stock recovery partition, so I tried to manually install the update from TWRP. In both cases I'm getting an "Error executing updater binary in zip'myziphere'" where myziphere == the OTA update in /cache/ as well as one I found on AndroidCentral.

Any ideas? I'm wondering if my only fix would be to flash the stock recovery (and if so, where can I find the stock recovery), fully update, and then install TWRP, or if there is something I'm missing to make it so that I can at least manually install these updates via TWRP.

2. Lys10101
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 11, 2014

Lys10101 , Sep 11, 2014 :
    I could not update to 33, even when trying with twrp. I then found the file on xda forum (oneplus one) and that particular file worked with twrp with no problem... You should check there...

3. Aaahh
    Marshmallow Sep 11, 2014

kp1234 likes this.
  4. oneeyedhobbit
    Gingerbread Sep 11, 2014

oneeyedhobbit , Sep 11, 2014 :
    Oh yeah, I forgot I can just flash directly to 33R. Thanks. I'm guessing there is no way to restore CM's OTA upgrades with a custom recovery?