Unacceptable release day conditions.

1. daniel yelamos
    Donut May 22, 2018

daniel yelamos , May 22, 2018 :
    UPDATE:

I have been given support and my voucher will be applied to my standing order. Thank you all for the support.

However, Hipay is refusing to release my money and it's telling their customers that we should speak to One Plus regarding the cancelation of the transactions that did not go through:

Link here

Is there any official position or response to this? I'd really love to know what happened to my money.

Original post below:

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hello One Plus friends.

I am a One Plus fan. I have been since the first phone you guys ever made. I find the way you do business really aligns with how I think. Or I did, up until this morning.

Let me start by saying that I actively recommend your devices, I did back in university, I do in my family meetings, and I do at my workplace. When I heard about the London presentation day I immediately signed up for a forum post entry to try to win the contest to get a free ticket to the event. That forum post got me the free ticket, and I loved the event. It was a really well planned event, a good presentation, and I got to meet a lot of very cool people that I still talk to today.

In that event, we were gifted a code to get our One Plus Wireless Headphones for free. I was super excited for it, to be honest, especially after I got to test them out. I gave feedback to your engineers in my broken Chinese and I really liked the sound quality. I was a bit sad because I couldn't apply the voucher at the pop-up event. But that's okay, I could wait a week to get the phone, and I would get those fantastic earphones a bit later for free.

However, my excitement quickly turned into frustration, and then anger. Let me explain.

My friends from the one plus group that were in Spain were starting to complain that they couldn't apply the free Bullet Voucher, I thought of this very odd, you usually have your act together on sale day. I wasn't worried yet.

I was logged in and ready to order at 0930, and while I was programming at work I kept checking the time. "Not 10 AM yet".

When the purchases opened, the phones didn't go live immediately, took them a few minutes, all normal then. When we were trying to buy the phone, every sort of malfunction happened. My cart's contents emptied on their own, I couldn't select anything but "Hipay" for my payment method, I entered my address just to find my form refreshing and loosing data. Sigh...

As I kept trying to order the phone, since I knew that you might run out of phones to sell, I saw that I could not apply the voucher code, just as my Spanish friends said. Weird. I try to manually enter the code, in the checkout form, and it told me it was already claimed, and yet I could not see it in the checkout voucher form. When I went into my account and clicked on vouchers, it was clearly there, I just couldn't apply it to the purchase.

I saw that the phones delivery date kept pushing back, I had been ready to be one of the first ones to buy the phone early, so I said to myself "Surely after the order, I can talk to a customer support about the bullet code. I'm sure there won't be any problems linking the voucher to the order."

So I go ahead and place the order at 1025, or around that time. It didn't ask me for my payment information, something that I considered weird. It redirects me to the orders, in which we can clearly see a "Pay now" button, and a countdown timer of 60 minutes. There's where my full day of problems started.

So I start hitting "Pay now" nothing happens. During the following 1 hour I attempted to buy your phone, only to get rejected by Hipay and their lousy infrastructure. I got to the verified by visa screen twice, but the purchase was never confirmed by Hipay. At 1125, my timer runs out, but my order isn't cancelled. After another 30 minutes of trying to get my purchase through, an engineer on your team decided to turn Paypal on for the default payment option. Whoever that was, he/she is a keeper.

So I got to purchase the phone. Finally. After a purchasing activity of almost 2 hours. Phew!

I decide to open a support ticket and queue for support, which is obviously overloaded by the huge amount of users that must be having similar problems. No worries, I'll try to catch you after lunch.

After lunch, I go and queue up. 1 hour later I get in touch with a customer support assistant that tells me that I need to cancel my order in order to apply my voucher. I could not believe it. So a company with the technology to develop one of the best phones in 2018 cannot send me a pair of earphones that I was told that I was going to get without me cancelling an order that took me 2 hours to get confirmed.

Just to humour the customer support guy, I check my bank account to see if I have been charged yet. I have. I also see that my credit card, the one that I used for hipay, has also been charged. You've charged me twice.

Awesome! So I tell the customer support guy and he tells me to trust Hipay to return my money.

Wait, trust these guys? 3.6/10 in a trust score? Really? How did you even think of using them instead of Paypal to begin with?

Not only I wasn't given any kind of compensation by the frankly disappointing sale process. Let's be frank, a 2 hour online purchase in 2018 is unheard of. Where is the company that never settles? I asked for my request to be scaled up to a manager, I was not happy with cancelling my order. I can send anyone in the world any package for under 5 pounds in 2 minutes printing a label and sticking it into a box. I cannot imagine that you wouldn't do this for some of your most hardcore fans.

The next guy that attended me in support was very kind, however, he came with the same solution as the last guy: Cancelling my order and buying the phone again. As of that moment in time, I was already 1038 pounds short, 519 of those, because of your decision to use a small company to handle your payments. And your solution for me to claim the earphones is for me to loose yet another 519 pounds, and to just trust that I'd get them all back? Not that I don't trust that I would get my money returned, but let's rewind back. It's taken me 2 hours to make that purchase. Has all of that been for nothing? Do I really need to cancel this order because of the mistake that your company made?

Let's do a quick fact check.

1.The only reason why I don't have the phone today in my hand is because I wanted to accept your gift, a gift that has caused me an incredible amount of stress, and that frankly you don't seem that willing to hand out.

2. The purchase procedure has been painful, and I have been double charged. At no point on my line of support was I given any explanations or compensations, just apologies.

3. I am not responsible at all by the problems that your platform has suffered, and yet, I'm asked to work around your procedures in order to get what I was promised.

I am sorry, this is not acceptable. I love your company, and I love your phones, I'm a hardcore fan but if this is it. If a 4 year old customer has a problem with your company's infrastructure and all you can say is "Your problem", then I'm sorry but I'm done.

I expected that you would never settle for anything like this.

Regards from a truly disappointed fan.

Dyelamos

Last edited: May 23, 2018

2. David Y.
    Global Community Manager Staff Member May 23, 2018

Stickied Post
    David Y. , May 23, 2018 :
    hi daniel,

apologies. our store platform was a bit chaotic yesterday. our e-comm team had fixed the issue. our CS team will contact you soon. let me know how it goes. thanks.

hey glad you enjoyed the launch event!

cheers,
    david

Martin70 and Baymax like this.
  3. Fribble
    Gingerbread May 22, 2018

4. Forseti
    Froyo May 22, 2018

Forseti , May 22, 2018 :
    Exactly same experience with. And guess what - also contest winner. OnePlus6 sale turned to Nightmare experience. Totally agree on each word from Dani.

5. PilotiCheGente
    Froyo May 22, 2018

dcmcc24, Baymax and Martin70 like this.
  6. LizardWizard
    Eclair May 22, 2018

LizardWizard , May 22, 2018 :
    Same experience as you OP,
    Went to the event, loved it and then all went downhill.
    Didnt receive the email with the coupon so I had to use a friend's (who is not going to buy the phone because of the poor audio quality and glass back).
    Can't apply the coupon at the popup event for some reason but mind you I need a phone ASAP because my other phone got smashed.
    To get the "GIFT" that was offered to me I have to not use my student discount for phone and accessories...
    Didn't manage to order the phone because of the problematic cart and my friend's code appeared as 'used' until i reached them after 3 hours of waiting time to fix it. And now my phone is coming in 8 days and meanwhile I have no phone....
    Really disappointed that i have to settle for this arrangement

7. Matimus
    Donut May 22, 2018

dcmcc24, OPOBEAST and Martin70 like this.
  8. Photoman9988
    KitKat May 22, 2018

Photoman9988 , May 22, 2018 :
    It seems that a big majority of the people that ordered the phone are getting double charged. This is probably by Design so OnePlus can say that they sold twice as many phones as they really did within the first month.

dcmcc24 and eye842 like this.
  9. Martin70
    Honeycomb May 22, 2018

Martin70 , May 22, 2018 :
    Thank you for your post @daniel yelamos

Dear OnePlus @Carl and staff,

We love your product, however, surely OnePlus should have done better due diligence on HiPay, they have a very bad reputation with other payment providers and with customers. OnePlus is a great company and the community around it is committed but sadly your competitors, instead of quaking that you have undercut their products, will be rubbing their hands with glee at the way loyal fans have become so upset.

I never go into debt but HiPay messing up has meant I am now overdrawn. Did I do anything wrong? No, HiPay cancelled my order, Customer Support told me I needed to purchase again from PayPal, only hours later HiPay revived my order they had cancelled. Thus I am in debt.

Sadly OnePlus have to take some responsibility for the shortcomings of HiPay. Many of us had a very frustrating day and have been billed more than once. We have not been able to apply vouchers we had a legal right to, then had to wait hours for Customer Support - who in my case were exceptional and need a big thank you. Apparently, their base pay is only about $500 a month but they are worth far more than that.

The ball is in your court OnePlus, we want to be loyal, we love the product but we deserve more than an apology, we need OnePlus to learn from this and make sure the great community of OnePlus fans stay loyal.

Yours,

A OnePlus fan

10. Martin70
    Honeycomb May 22, 2018

dcmcc24 likes this.
  11. Photoman9988
    KitKat May 22, 2018

Photoman9988 , May 22, 2018 :
    The fact that OnePlus used Hipay at ALL shows how very little they care about their customers. Hipay has an absolutely ATROCIOUS record, and when I saw them as a method of payment at checkout, I refused to use them.

dcmcc24, PilotiCheGente and Martin70 like this.
  12. jizang
    Lollipop May 22, 2018

jizang , May 22, 2018 :
    this seems to happen every year with oneplus ... ever since the early days when the payment site crashes, the usual spiel will happen again ... @Carl will state "we will learn from our mistakes"

13. Gav_W86
    Starting Point Expert May 22, 2018

14. Baymax
    Starting Point Expert May 22, 2018

Baymax , May 22, 2018 :
    Went off without a hitch.
    No issues. Used PayPal

15. Martin70
    Honeycomb May 22, 2018

Very wise, PayPal are a safe option. OnePlus would have made less money if they had used them but the bad publicity this will cause has lost them a lot more.

dcmcc24 likes this.
  16. Martin70
    Honeycomb May 22, 2018

dcmcc24 likes this.
  17. Martin70
    Honeycomb May 22, 2018

dcmcc24 likes this.
  18. meatandy
    Oreo May 22, 2018

meatandy , May 22, 2018 :
    Sorry you had this experience , but I didn't receive any hassle during my transaction as I ordered , made payment and out in less than two minutes.

dcmcc24, Baymax and Martin70 like this.
  19. mopsert
    KitKat May 22, 2018

mopsert , May 22, 2018 :
    This really hits the spot!

I also think, they intentionally made it impossible to order the phone with the free bullets. If only half of those that failed ordering order and pay for it, will be at least a small profit for them.

Reminds me of the OP5 pre orders with the code from the Launch Event.

So many OP5, including mine, had such big flaws QC never could have let them pass, but OP made the promise to deliver the phones prior to official start of sale.

So they actually kept their promise, but quite a few had to have their phones replaced and in the end waited just as long as those who ordered regularly.

dcmcc24 and Martin70 like this.
  20. luckyluca001
    Donut May 22, 2018

luckyluca001 , May 22, 2018 :
    exactly the same experience as yours.
    also contest winner.

bullet headphones code didn't work this morning.

had to cancel my first order which took 2 hours to place this morning.
    customer service ( 30 mins wait ) was unable to offer anything other than suggesting cancelling of the first order.

dcmcc24, mopsert and Martin70 like this.
  21. Martin70
    Honeycomb May 22, 2018

It is unacceptable, a day of my life I will not get back, overdrawn in the bank, no wireless headphones and a headache to finish things off. We should be looking forward to getting our new phones but we are left with some very serious issues like having to go into the bank tomorrow about the unexpected overdraft that I had no facility in place for.

I am happy for the US community who already have their Fedex tracking numbers for a Thursday delivery. My order is still not showing up on the OnePlus site but has been deducted twice from my bank account. What is worse no word from OnePlus yet on how they will address it. I thought they valued the community a little bit more than this.

I love the product, I enjoy the community, sales support are great but when it comes to sales...

dcmcc24, mopsert and OPOBEAST like this.