Unacceptable release day conditions.

1. OPOBEAST
    Honeycomb May 22, 2018

OPOBEAST , May 22, 2018 :
    I'm also very dissapointed that OnePlus didn't say sorry yet. Well, a sorry is truly not enough. They always say sorry, and "We learn from our mistakes". But has something changed over the years? No. It's every time the same mess.
    I'm really curious when OnePlus will say something (good) to this.

dcmcc24 and mopsert like this.
  2. leedro
    Donut May 22, 2018

leedro , May 22, 2018 :
    Sorry to hear about your troubling experience today. Bought my first OnePlus this morning a few minutes after open sales started, went through the order process without a hitch here in Canada. Went with the max specs and an accessory bundle, applied the student voucher and order was processed with PayPal in less than 5 mins. I’m new to the community so hello to everyone, I’m excited to have the phone in hand soon.

dcmcc24, mopsert and Martin70 like this.
  3. Martin70
    Honeycomb May 22, 2018

Martin70 , May 22, 2018 :
    Good to have you here @leedro This is a great community and normally a great place to be. OnePlus make a good product and I am a fan, sadly though things have not been so positive on this side of the pond today. Hope you hang around as I am sure we will all feel happier when our orders are sorted and our phones arrive.

dcmcc24, leedro and mopsert like this.
  4. mopsert
    KitKat May 22, 2018

mopsert , May 22, 2018 :
    Screw you! ;-)

No, actually congrats, that your order process went as smooth as many of us had expected it to be!

Enjoy your (super expensive) phone. I hear that in Canada tech is the costliest of all countries.

Baymax, dcmcc24, leedro and 1 other person like this.
  5. leedro
    Donut May 22, 2018

leedro , May 22, 2018 :
    Literally everything is expensive here

Baymax, Martin70 and mopsert like this.
  6. SomeSayImHandS0me
    Honeycomb May 22, 2018

SomeSayImHandS0me , May 22, 2018 :
    clicked buy soon as it went live. purchased no problems even though credit card declined at first for safety. approved and paid again. no issues

dcmcc24 likes this.
  7. tfae
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 22, 2018

OPOBEAST likes this.
  8. woodcock1r
    Donut May 23, 2018

woodcock1r , May 23, 2018 :
    I went to the Launch Event, got my Bullets codes, and tried to order today. I'm one of the lucky ones; the system was so messed up for me, I didn't get an order down. I used both my Bullets codes, but didn't lose any money.

Here's what's bothering me. Several people here have said they expect to reject some deliveries, since they have had their orders doubled, or tripled, or worse, by the technology failures today. So, what happens to those rejected deliveries? I am imagining they go back to the courier depot, get kicked around for a while, then dusted off, and sent to the next unlucky potential customer. Which might be me.

I'm seriously thinking it might be best to wait a couple of weeks. Which means I definitely won't get my Bullets. @Carl - you looked me in the eye, and said you would give me a pair of Bullets Wireless, as a thank you. Did you mean it?

mopsert likes this.
  9. madpete76
    Cupcake May 23, 2018

madpete76 , May 23, 2018 :
    I too have had a total nightmare ordering today, I've been waiting to order (like a lot here) so I was eager to get it done.

As soon as things went live this morning I was there and trying to order 2 Oneplus 6's with accessories, one for me, one for the wife.

As others have said, it didnt go well... firstly server errors, things disappearing from the basket etc. Then final reaching the checkout to be presented with the only option of Hipay, I actually said to my wife at that point "why no paypal, this is probably a bad idea".

Huge amounts of errors, order totally disappeared, tried to get it back, nothing, hadn't managaed to pay so tried again. Same problem, only then two orders appear... Still can't pay.

Eventually after 1hr and 23mins I get Hipay to accept payment, great, finally sorted....

Erm NO.

30mins later I logged into my account to see order cancelled... WTH.

Another 2 hours of trying to get work out what going on / trying to get hold of support (customer care line dead, live support dead) before eventually being told all Hipay orders are cancelled... Nothing we can do, re order but you DEFINITELY won't be charged.

Great, so now I've lost of place in the queue!

Reorder, this time Paypal is available... use that, no issues, straight through.

So that's the end right? No more?

Wrong, I get an email from Hipay... congratulations, payment has been taken. At this point I'm losing the will to live. I call my bank, yes I've been charged.

Back onto support, who are completely mixing up the Paypal and Hipay orders despite me poining out they are different. Who are now saying "don't worry your order WILL ship while quoting the original order number (hipay order) with the PayPal order ref.

I am totally confused, I have no idea what's happening and I don't think OnePlus do either!

Pretty sure I've been charged twice, though Oneplus categorically insist not (will have to wait a couple of days to see what clears), no idea which or if both orders will ship, I'm totally annoyed with the whole thing and Oneplus! What a absolute shambles Oneplus!

Last edited: May 23, 2018

mopsert likes this.
  10. mopsert
    KitKat May 23, 2018

mopsert , May 23, 2018 :
    I hope you have some food in your fridge! Who knows when OnePlus will start reimbursing the victims of their failure...

11. victorzmartin
    Honeycomb May 23, 2018

victorzmartin , May 23, 2018 :
    With my 5t purchase was almost the same!! tried several times with credit card and nothing... not even reached the MasterCard validation part... so I gave up and payed with PayPal, smooth as should be an online purchase.

2 months later they discovered the payment gate...I was lucky after all

12. bbirtwell
    Donut May 23, 2018

bbirtwell , May 23, 2018 :
    I did not go to the live event in London as too far to travel for the event, so no free bullets for me. I did however have the same problems as everyone else. The website kept crashing but eventually I did manage to process the payment through the terrible Hipay after numerous attempts. I received a message which stated that the order would take approximately 5 mins to update. On checking the order page the payment timer was still counting down. Checking back later the order status has changed to cancelled, but my credit card is showing the payment as pending. I had also made a payment to the credit card to cover the purchase (used the credit card for added protection). So I joined the queue for the live chat after could not get a response on the phone line, I think the counter has a limit of 99 on the chat app as I was number 99 8n the queue for almost a hour. I finally get through to an agent who told me that the order had been cancelled as the payment had not gone through and to reorder using PayPal as the credit card payment would not go through and would be refunded. Luckily I am in a position were I could afford to order again and pay through PayPal, others might not be. The order process using PayPal went as it should and my order page showed 2 orders, one cancelled and one paid, I received an order confirmation from OnePlus. All good I thought, Wrong at 16:57 I received a payment confirmation email saying payment successful via Hipay. A telephone call to my credit card later and it is confirmed that the payment has been approved and that there had been no attempt to recall it. Back to being number 99 in the chat queue again, things moved faster this time though and in about 20 minutes I was speaking to an agent who was far more helpful than the one I had in the morning. After uploading screenshot of the emails that I had received from OnePlus I was told not to worry and that the order would be processed now that the payment had cleared. NO I only want 1 new phone not two, but I also only want to pay for one. The agent promised me that it would all be sorted and I would receive an email from OnePlus when things are cleared up. Although I did not go to the launch event I did watch the event on live stream, I noticed how @Carl said how proud he was that OnePlus had been built up using the best form of advertising WORD OF MOUTH, this is very true but the events of today may go a long way to ruining that reputation unless OnePlus takes action to make things right. I have posted on the Facebook page, but am still waiting for the post to be approved. I have also posted a reply on LinkedIn to a post about the launch event and sent a connection message to the OnePlus head of European marketing requesting that he reads my post and responds. I will let you know if he does so. At this moment I have one phone waiting to be processed but have paid for two. OnePlus really need to sort their act out on this, otherwise I for one would not be comfortable recommending them in the future. Rant over for now.

13. David Y.
    OS Product Marketing Staff Member May 23, 2018

Stickied Post
    David Y. , May 23, 2018 :
    hi daniel,

apologies. our store platform was a bit chaotic yesterday. our e-comm team had fixed the issue. our CS team will contact you soon. let me know how it goes. thanks.

hey glad you enjoyed the launch event!

cheers,
    david

Martin70 and Baymax like this.
  14. Wuhfel
    Honeycomb May 23, 2018

Wuhfel , May 23, 2018 :
    Not quite six years

15. Forseti
    Froyo May 23, 2018

Forseti , May 23, 2018 :
    Hi @David Y. , it would be nice if other community members who expressed same bad experience (within same thread) would be addressed as well. Not only did I loose half of my day struggling to get order done/ sorted/ re-ordered etc, also have now 3 orders pending on my bank account, where only 1 (Paypall) was cancelled successfully from my side, never received any email from e-comm team as promised, also the Dispatch and Delivery with Priority Shipping seems not the prime service (ordered on 22nd - > expected delivery 28th ). Also had multiple chats with support which were very kind, but unfortunately couldn't resolve my issues an only workarounds were given (like re-ordering with fixed voucher code) , plus the HiPay order still hangs on my account and even support could not give me distinct answer on what is exact status of it.

Regards,
    Oleg

mopsert and Martin70 like this.
  16. daniel yelamos
    Donut May 23, 2018

daniel yelamos , May 23, 2018 :
    Update:

I have been given support and my voucher will be applied to my standing order. Thank you all for the support.

However, Hipay is refusing to release my money and it's telling their customers that we should speak to One Plus regarding the cancelation of the transactions that did not go through:

Link here

Is there any official position or response to this? I'd really love to know what happened to my money.

Cheers!

Dyelamos

mopsert and Martin70 like this.
  17. Alessandrabosi
    Eclair May 23, 2018

Alessandrabosi , May 23, 2018 :
    I totally have the same issue. I used hipay, could not apply my voucher from the London launch. I then had to reorder the phone and finally the option came up to add the voucher, total mess up from the OnePlus website, totally unfair. I am going to be very angry if they charge me £1000 for the phone! I don't think they thought this thoroughly enough. no confirmation email either to say it's paid, only from PayPal, why use Hipay then cha he it to PayPal????? anyway it just sayd ' payment paid' on order page.. they're very quick to take the money, but it's a cow to get a refund. ONEPLUS what are you doing about this???? anyone else have the same???

18. Alessandrabosi
    Eclair May 23, 2018

what do you mean they are. it releasing your money..... are they not going to refund you???

19. HarmOPO
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 23, 2018

HarmOPO , May 23, 2018 :
    I think he means that it should be Oneplus to arrange the refund. As a buyer you have a contract with Oneplus, not with HiPay. So Oneplus should take care of the refund through HiPay. It will be okay, but you have to take the right path..

Alessandrabosi likes this.
  20. Alessandrabosi
    Eclair May 23, 2018

you are the voice of reason. thank you. I will be patient.

HarmOPO likes this.