Unboxing Challenge: First impressions on the OnePlus 9 Series

1. Crystal Z.
    Global Community <3 Staff Member Apr 6, 2021

Crystal Z. , Apr 6, 2021 :
    mmexport1617680976529.png

unboxing001.jpg

This is one stunning phone, right?

Hi friends,

Now that pre-order is done and open sales started, some of you already got your hands on the brand new OnePlus 9 or OnePlus 9 Pro. We'd like to invite everyone who received the OnePlus 9 Series to share your unboxing and first impressions in this thread, for a chance to win a new OnePlus 9 Pro or some supplementary accessories.

How to enter:
    • Drop 3 photos, or videos, or gifs of your OnePlus 9 Series Unboxing
    • Share your first impressions of the phone (try keeping it under 100 words, no limitation on content)
    Awards:
    • 1 best entry will be awarded a new OnePlus 9 Pro for your friend or family. Or choose to get cash back if you don't want an extra phone.
    • Top 2-6 entries will be awarded a brand-new OnePlus Watch and 1 OnePlus protective case (for OnePlus 9 or OnePlus 9 Pro)
    • Top 7-20 entries will be awarded a OnePlus Warp Charge 50 Wireless Charger & 1 OnePlus protective case (for OnePlus 9 or OnePlus 9 Pro)
    Rules:
    • Please post no more than 3 photos / videos / gifs per post
    • Please post no more than 3 posts under this thread
    • This contest will run until May 5 11:59 PM CET and winners will be announced by May 10.
    • As you submit the entry, you grant OnePlus to use your photos, content for promotion purposes.
    • Plagiarism is strictly prohibited. Any user found indulging in plagiarism will be disqualified and warned per forum rules. You'll also be banned from winning any community awards for a year.
    • This challenge is open for those who purchased the OnePlus 9 Series, those who got it from the Lab can join for fun.
    • Standard Terms and Conditions are applied.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021

2. gautamthapar
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 7, 2021

Stickied Post
    gautamthapar , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Apr 7, 2021 :
    Shouts Premium From All Angles

As I unwrapped the plastic and held the phone for the first time in my hand, it felt different. To be honest, OnePlus never felt more premium than this.

The Stellar Black variant is so amazingly good that I could not stop taking pictures of it. I ran to each and every family member to show them the shiny textured back of the phone. It made me excited!

The phone snugged well into my hand and the weight balance is so perfect that it didn't felt like a 198 grams phone. The haptics on the OnePlus 9 Pro is next level. I think I am falling in love. 😍
    1617777599593.jpg

1617777599649.jpg

1617777599696.jpg

3. JelleZon
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Apr 8, 2021

Stickied Post
    JelleZon , Apr 8, 2021 :
    IMG_20210403_172617_922.jpg
    I really love how the morning mist color changes depending on the lighting scenario. I like the feeling in the hand because it does not feel slippery at all. Due to the finish it feels very comfortable, but not as smooth and slippery as a matt glass back.
    IMG_20210328_195600_618(1)~2.jpg
    The top gradient is matte and frosted like the fog in the morning and the lower part is more shiny like a mirror. So it's also not completely glossy.
    Due to the finish, fingerprints are surprisingly no big problem.

And to be honest: the combination of silver + carbon case is so beautiful

IMG_20210402_175209.jpg

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021

4. Stickied Post
    subhankar_dey , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Apr 8, 2021 :
    1617911330125.jpg

1617913032862.jpg said:
    1617913855823.jpg
    Ever since the new OnePlus 9 Series was announced, I had my eyes set on the OnePlus 9 Pro. When sales began, I went for the Stellar Black variant, and oh my! The OnePlus 9 Pro in Stellar Black looks way more stunning than it looked in the photos. I absolutely love the feel of it! Performance and software experience is top notch... as expected from a OnePlus device. The camera is fantastic as well. In a nutshell, this phone is a beast! I am loving it.
    🔥

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 7, 2021 at 10:53 AM

5. Slashbeetle.Labs
    Eclair Apr 9, 2021

Stickied Post
    Slashbeetle.Labs , Apr 9, 2021 :
    IMG_20210408_154151-01.jpeg My unboxing experience of the OnePlus 9 pro.

The experience started from the premium red box. The first touch on the soft textured box along with the smell of freshness gave an immense treat to my senses. I immediately pulled the upper lid and the lower box slid down slowly and finally i saw the beautiful device wrapped inside the matte plastic foil. I carefully peeled off the covering and in my hands as the morning mist OnePlus 9 Pro. The device shined in from hands reflecting the lights in my room. I felt as if i was holding some rare art-piece from the frontiers galaxy.
    While holding the device in hand, i felt the excellent craftsmanship the OnePlus team has put into designing the device. The device felt so light and ergonomic. The back panel, even though it was glossy helped my hands to get an easier grip and the slightly curved metal railings greeted my hands with its cold touch. I pressed the power button out of excitement and got that fine- tuned suttle vibration followed by the boot-up screen.
    If i had to summarise my unboxing experience in one word, i would definitely use the word premium.

IMG_20210408_154908-02.jpg

IMG_20210408_155716.jpg

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021

6. Q1617955992029
    Cupcake Apr 9, 2021

Stickied Post

Attached Files:

JelleZon and N.DINESH YADAV like this.
  7. Stickied Post
    Mayank Sharma 4562 , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 9, 2021 :
    Here's my unboxing video ⬇️⬇️
    https://www.instagram.com/tv/CNVR6Nxj487/?igshid=1ek2tlwjbqol1

Using OnePlus 9 for a week i can say it's the best Smartphone for those who want close to real colors photography experience, you'll get a tons of options in pro mode as well in Video. The design is always plus point for oneplus and this time they also nailed it whether it's color options or camera module. Overall the performance and software experience makes it a flagship product.

N.DINESH YADAV and Crystal Z. like this.
  8. WassiWaz
    Eclair Apr 10, 2021

Stickied Post
    WassiWaz , Apr 10, 2021 :
    This is my first OnePlus device after many years of using a certain 'fruit' phone and wow, I am massively impressed! As a camera lover, I simply couldn't resist this after hearing about the collaboration with Hasselblad, as such, I decided to pay homage to some of their iconic images with these unboxing shots. I tried to tell a mini story with it.

I spent a long, long time setting up the photographs below but I had so much fun creating them. I had an LED moon light which was very useful. Other items used in these photos included my son's Duplo (to prop up the phone), lots of white tack, a whole bag of flour (to create a moon-like surface) and some clear tape (to stop the flour getting into the ports on the phone). I also used some extra large sheets of black card and set up some lighting in a pitch black room.

Arrival

Arrival.jpg

The idea behind this image was to signify the arrival of the OnePlus 9 Pro, the device that we've all been waiting for. I also wanted to catch the zero gravity aspect of space.

How it was made:
    The levitating phone was created by carefully propping up the various parts of packaging with blocks of Duplo and white tack. These were carefully angled so that these weren't in view of the camera and I discovered that I had to used light grey coloured blocks to ensure that they didn't cast a coloured shadow or reflection. This shot took the longest to set up as it was really tricky to get a stable setup without the packaging tray or phone moving after a couple of seconds. The front part of the inner tray was taped on the inside in order to keep it down inside the front of the box. The moon in the background is an LED moon lamp.

Discovery

Discovery.jpg

The image is based off the iconic 'Earth Shot' taken on the first manned visit to the moon. I wanted to showcase more of the box contents in this images. I like to think of the box as being the shuttle and the phone being the astronaut.

How it was made:
    The image in the earth in the background was of course added in post (I have another version without the earth incase this isn't allowed in the contest). Everything else was set up behind layers of flour. The flour was actually too fine so I had to mix it with some water to create a better texture with larger chunks. It honestly felt like I was doing some late night baking at times! The flour at the front was positioned a lot closer to the camera so that it was out of focus and created an added sense of depth.

The stock image of the earth was licensed under CC0 Creative Commons licence.

Making History

Making History.jpg

This image is based on the historic photograph of the footprint on the moon. I read an interesting fact somewhere that all of the Hasselblad cameras taken to the moon were left up there in order to save weight on the shuttle's journey home. This fact has been stuck in my head for a while so I wanted to pay homage to those cameras left up there by resembling this with the OnePlus 9 Pro. This became the perfect chance to showcase the remaining contents of the box and have the phone in the case to protect it from the 'moon dust' along with it's life line, the striking red power cable.

How it was made:
    As you can imaging, this involved a whole bag of flour. I initially used a small potato to create the basis of the footprint. I then shaped this and made the sole of the print using the blunt end of a children's spoon. To create a good level of contrast, I positioned one of my lights on the floor, coming in from the side so that it created shadows in the footprint similar to that of the iconic photograph. When it came to placing the phone underneath the moon dust, I decided to tape up the ports to ensure that no flour made it's way into the device. I also wanted to ensure that the words 'Never Settle' were still visible.

I hope that you really enjoyed these, I have uploaded a behind-the-scenes photo below to give an insight as to how these were set up. As you can tell, I sort of used whatever I could lay my hands on for this set of unboxing photographs.

Behind the Scenes.JPG

I will just finish off by saying that I am new to the community, as you can probably tell and I am looking forward to being a bigger part of it and spending more time here. I have really enjoyed keeping an eye on various threads where people have been posting up the images that they have taken with their new OnePlus 9 phones.

Thanks for taking the time to view my images and read all about them :)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021

9. Loki9553
    Froyo Apr 10, 2021

Stickied Post
    Loki9553 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Apr 10, 2021 :
    Coming to OnePlus 9 Pro from OnePlus 3T Midnight Black, opened this beautiful looking Red box and rewarded with this amazing Matte Pine Green color OnePlus 9 Pro!!

1618058172448.jpg

Camera module is beautifully designed and it's fantastic when it comes to capturing photos and videos. That Hasselblad Pro mode with 12 Bit raw file support is crazy and full of details.

1618058187718.jpg

Design of this phone is so perfect that it sits very nicely in hands and doesn't slip at all.

1618058197863.jpg

Coming to front, 120hz Fluid Display is beautiful with those small curves on both side, gives very premium feel to the phone.

In simple terms OnePlus 9 Pro is beautiful phone with amazing performance.
    10 days with it already and I'm loving it! 😍

10. Stickied Post
    Parshva555 , via OnePlus 9 Pro Pine Green , Apr 10, 2021 :
    I used to own a OnePlus 5 back in 2017 and since then didn't feel to change my device it was beast of a phone
    Until now when it was time for an upgrade. I waited for OnePlus 9 pro since dec 2020 , wasn't even Caring about it's performance or price i just wanted it
    Went to the experience store bought it first day and dawg it was amazing
    It was a huge upgrade for me ❤️
    The phone's so good ny daily usage has been increased to 16-18h (god give me life) 😂
    1618059497109.jpg

1618059497165.jpg

1618059497230.jpg

11. ShenalPereira
    Cupcake Apr 10, 2021

Stickied Post
    ShenalPereira , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Apr 10, 2021 :
    1618059773809.jpg

1618059773842.jpg

1618059773880.jpg
    Have been using samsung for 8 years and I switched to OnePlus for a change and the change is huge... I'm totally in love with the phone and it's performance and now I'm a big fan of OnePlus... Couldn't be more happy with my decision. #NeverSettle #Hasselblad ❤️

Z1541647230933 likes this.
  12. CristalPol
    Cupcake Apr 10, 2021

Stickied Post
    CristalPol , Apr 10, 2021 :
    Hello, this is my 2 Oneplus and I think I will stay with it for a longer time, the previous one was Oneplus 8 Pro and although I had to sell it because of the green screen, it is not available in the 9 Pro version.

I ordered the Steller black version, the color is beautiful, the structure is perfect, and my friends' jaws have fallen;) The biggest advantage is that it does not finger, so the color is great;)

I am generally delighted with the phone, the display is beautiful, the sound is beautiful and I like these pictures very much, the detail does the job;).

If I had to recommend it or not, I would certainly recommend it, the only minus for the battery, but luckily when I go to make a coffee, I connect it to the charger, I come back and I already have 90% so charging compensates for the quick discharge of the battery;)

I invite you to watch the movie, recorded in Polish, but you can see everything and everyone will understand it.

Best regards from Poland

UNBOXING MOVIE

Pictures
    IMG_20210409_135354.jpg IMG_20210409_135201.jpg IMG_20210409_135254.jpg

13. ALKHAFAJIMO
    Froyo Apr 10, 2021

Stickied Post
    ALKHAFAJIMO , Apr 10, 2021 :
    inbound60369350933991692.jpg inbound6678596513948561114.jpg inbound5079313279368479885.jpg
    Oneplus 9 Pro in Pine Green 💚
    Fast / smooth / premium / 50W wireless charging 😮 with 65W wired charging 😮 😮😮
    Premium materials, this Pine Green matte finish is just 😍🤩😍🤩😍🤩🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
    The phone have clearly the Never Settle spirit.

Attached Files:

McJader likes this.
  14. Vansh99
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Apr 11, 2021

Stickied Post
    Vansh99 , Apr 11, 2021 :
    This is part of a bigger review I'm working on, I'll post the first impressions part over here :p

[​IMG]

The OnePlus 9, while not being the best of what OnePlus can do, it’s the best that can be delivered while not breaking the bank. This variant is a T-Mobile OnePlus 9, it came with only a charger (still too much nowadays) in the box with no screen protector or a case. The disappointment was quickly overshadowed by the design and weight of the phone. The phone is much lighter than what my current daily driver, the OnePlus 7 Pro weighs. Although I do not hate curved displays, I do prefer flat displays as I can find tempered glass that is cheap :p The flat screen does mean fewer accidental touches but considering 7pro was my phone for 1.5 years, I’ve mastered avoiding accidental touches. Curved displays do look better but a flat-screen means better protection for the phone. There is also no glare when outside, once again, thanks to the flat edges. Looking at the hole punch on the top left disappointed me a little bit as my 7pro already spoiled me with no notch, no cutout. The earpiece grill is smaller than the one found in 7pro but 7pro’s just looks wider, the main speaker was on the right side of the grill, which roughly covers the same since as the one on 9, so about the same size. Right next to the grill, there’s a small window for the proximity sensor. I missed this way too much. This sensor helps with turning your screen on/off when on calls, helping auto brightness balance depending on your environment, and providing the pocket mode feature.

[​IMG]

Flipping the phone to the back exposes Astral Black sheen. Reminds me of my Midnight black color I had for OnePlus 5 but shiny. This looks like a combination of 7pro and 5 but not the best of both. It’s adding up OnePlus 5’s stealth black look and 7pro’s glass, but glossy. Once again, I am comparing it with my OnePlus 7 Pro, whose Nebula Blue looks far sleeker because of the way the light bounces off on it while this is just plain black. I do not dislike the design, it just doesn’t feel as stunning as the 7 Pro does, by itself I love its look, and tilting the phone makes the “Hasselblad” text shine.

The back is made of glass with plastic railings, an interesting choice considering phones at this price point are coming with all plastic backs now. I wouldn’t claim any of this is a deal-breaker as I will end up putting a case on it and kiss goodbye to the back glass but something to know, for you no case users out there. Initially didn’t have any case for the phone, I was using a phone with no case for the first time. The phone is too slippery to handle with gloves on, it will also slide if placed on a surface with a very minor curvature. I was very nervous which pushed me to make an impulsive decision of grabbing a case from Amazon. A case for this is strongly recommended. Note: If you buy the phone from T-Mobile directly, it does not come with a case or pre-applied screen protector.

The camera hump seems like an odd choice. Two big camera lenses and one monochrome lens. The hump itself isn’t as major, at least to my eye, when compared to the OnePlus 8 Pro. The two big lenses pop out of the camera hump, so there’s an additional hump. This also attracts a lot of dust to foil around the lenses themselves. The unevenness of the camera array quickly caught my eye. I would’ve appreciated a telephoto lens that is portrayed and highlighted just as brightly as the other two lenses instead of a monochrome sensor. Only the 7T has been the fortunate non-pro variant phone to come with three perspective lenses.

[​IMG]
    OnePlus 7 Pro (left) and OnePlus 9 (right)

The size of the alert slider has reduced, an odd choice, nothing was wrong with the previous size of the alert slider, but it still functions just as well and the texture is still there to differentiate it from the rest of the buttons. Speaking of the buttons, they are just as clicky as they have always been. I don’t know why but I have always enjoyed the tap feeling the buttons give. At the bottom, we have the USB C port partnered with the SIM tray and microphone on the left side and the main speaker on the right. The sim tray is a single-sim tray. For the first time after OnePlus One's debut, a OnePlus phone came with only one sim slot even for the unlocked variants. This is a carrier variant, so it was expected for me but I found it unsettling how the dual sim tray has been dropped even from the unlocked variants sold on OnePlus’s website. The speaker, at least on my OnePlus 7 Pro, has circular cutouts whereas in this case, it has been switched with two squircles that have been stretched, making the flat side longer.

The charging brick is slightly larger when compared to my Warp Charge 30 brick. I was surprised to see that the charging speeds got more than doubled while the brick barely did. I did notice a new USB C port instead of USB A like 8 series and previous, alongside the Nord lineup have. The cable is much thicker than the one Warp Charge 30 uses. The brick says “Warp Charge 65” in plain text but the Warp Charge 30 brick had a fancy font for the “Warp”. The 1+ logo has been updated to the new logo that was introduced around the 8 series launch.

Overall, very positive initial impression with the flat display being the highlight. Only a further push to a written review can signify whether the upgrade was well worth it or not ;)

15. Sunay85
    Gingerbread Apr 11, 2021

Stickied Post

Dr_Jo likes this.
  16. Dr_Jo
    KitKat Apr 11, 2021

Stickied Post
    Dr_Jo , Apr 11, 2021 :
    My third unboxing of OnePlus and it's always a pleasure to discover the beast, like a child with his new gadget :blush:

IMAG2305.jpg
    IMAG2307.jpg
    IMAG2309.jpg

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021

17. C1616790858173
    Cupcake Apr 11, 2021

Stickied Post

18. ItsNexor
    Gingerbread Apr 11, 2021

Stickied Post
    ItsNexor , Apr 11, 2021 :
    It was a special moment for me when the parcel carrier brought me the package. I took it with me to my desk, opened it and saw this huge red box inside. It made me instantly smile. I cut very accurately the seals on the bottom of the red box, opened it and there it was, wrapped in a foil, my OnePlus 9 Pro.
    After removing the foil, I was speechless. This mad black beauty overwhelmed me and I was even more overwhelmed when I saw the included case come together with the phone. Together they are a masterpiece. A perfect smartphone with a perfect dress.

_DSC6241.jpg

_DSC6233.jpg

_DSC6238.jpg

19. ItsNexor
    Gingerbread Apr 12, 2021

Stickied Post
    ItsNexor , Apr 12, 2021 :
    After opening the box and dressing my new OnePlus9 Pro with the inclueded chase, I took out from the box the Warp Charger and the red charing cable.The quality of the included accessories is just amazing. OnePlus did an amazing job with this Phone including also every detail like the packaging and the accessories. I’m just in love with this amazing device.

_DSC6262-3.jpg

_DSC6273.jpg

_DSC6279.jpg

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021

Nipu_1998, Vansh99 and WassiWaz like this.
  20. Sunay85
    Gingerbread Apr 13, 2021

Stickied Post

21. akshay4444
    Cupcake Apr 14, 2021

Stickied Post
    akshay4444 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Apr 14, 2021 :
    First impression is the last impression

#The red box ,ohhh its so pretty , cant keep it asside ,its really amazing . Then the smoth scroll down of the box while unboxing is the best part of unboxing series 9 phone . Then comes the brilliant lime green impression ,its so attractive and more over the perfect matched cover as well . Last but not the least the best part of 9 pro the 65 warp. Charger , damm its so amazing cant express it in words , i just charge my phone for 20 mins during every 24 to 30 hrs . I loved this phone ,best phone ever used
    1618437362081.jpg

22. Concept Creator
    Eclair Apr 15, 2021

Stickied Post
    Concept Creator , Apr 15, 2021 :
    So I am joining in this one for sure!
    I had to request Help from Neil Armstrong for this one to manage it!

My unboxing via the moon! (this one took about a week to make lol)

23. ParisOneplus
    Gingerbread Apr 15, 2021

Stickied Post
    ParisOneplus , Apr 15, 2021 :
    IMG_20210415_215329.jpg IMG_20210415_220136_Bokeh.jpg IMG_20210415_220716_Bokeh.jpg

You may wonder where is the phone in this unboxing !? Hey guys, my precious brand new OnePlus 9 Pro is in my hand shooting the pictures.

At the moment I saw it, at the minute I took it, I knew that I'll never be able to hold back my old S five.

What a phone! It is just a techno dream, a sample of perfection and I do feel the journey of exploring his possibility and his partnership in daily life might be long and really pleasant.

One+ plus me, "c'est la belle vie" ! *

* "what a beautiful life!" in French

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021

WassiWaz likes this.
  24. Vinesh20
    Cupcake Apr 16, 2021

Stickied Post
    Vinesh20 , Apr 16, 2021 :
    I am going to make it short and even the pics are not great as other pics but I want to highlight three small but big deal-breakers, I was using samsung S20+ and I decided to choose OnePlus for two specific reasons,

1) Charging Speed - The moment I unboxed kept it for charging, I knew I was right about my decision as it charged from 39 to 100 in 20,25min compared to my S20+ which takes 1hr 15. My face brimmed with happiness 🥳🥳

2) Fingerprint scanner and face detection-
    I haven't seen many talk about this but the fingerprint scanner and face detection is way faster compared to S20+, I used to tap two to three times to get it right in S20+ and my phn never used to detect me, I guess it hates me. But, in OnePlus it was just smooth like butter as if the phone wants me all the time.

3) Now the third one is something I did not expect from Oneplus, it's the inability to scale apps to fullscreen. It is disappointing, feels like am using a phone with huge top bezels, I hope OnePlus can rectify it soon

But what I realised is that once you use a Oneplus then it's difficult to use any other phone, Just like,🍎

Attached Files:

25. Loki9553
    Froyo Apr 16, 2021

Stickied Post

Crystal Z. likes this.
  26. Loki9553
    Froyo Apr 16, 2021

Stickied Post

Crystal Z. likes this.
  27. suhaib kazi
    Eclair Apr 17, 2021

Stickied Post
    suhaib kazi , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Apr 17, 2021 :
    Hi.

We grow every year Intellectually, Emotionally, and more Importantly learn from our past.

What OnePlus has done with the OnePlus 9 Series is in exponential from the previous phones released. And it's no jokes.

Been a OnePlus fan following OnePlus since OnePlus 2. I was very sceptical at first tbh. I was following its growth with a Lapidarist's eye. Very closely.

Fell in love.

It took time but i got there with OnePlus 5t.

And now onto the next OnePlus 9 Pro.
    What you really believe in what you create. And truly i was overwhelmed with it's beauty and it's potential.

I like black and grey tones a lot. So naturally Stellar Black would be my go-to.

And what OnePlus has done with handling the black color is one of a kind.

My hands were trembling as i was unboxing the efforts and hardwork of a thousand+ people working tirelessly through the Pandemic and the Semiconductor crisis.

I was smiling as a gush of adrenaline rushed through me.
    I felt i was reborn.

1618669317466.jpg

Two sources of Oxygen. Trees and OnePlus devices.
    One for the Lungs, another for a Tech Geek like me.

1618669123439.jpg

The front display is as good as it can get.
    But more importantly the texture of the back glass and it's feel and the experience is what excites me.

The fit in your hand. It connects you with the Device, as if they were One being. Or your Plus One.

1618669606620.jpg

Meaningful partnership brings out best of both worlds to what you want to achieve and it's visible boldly in your output. Be it Hasselblad or CyanogenMod.

Also Shot On OnePlus 5t.

And Truly,
    Never Settle.

Attached Files:

WassiWaz likes this.
  28. oneplusfav4ever
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 18, 2021

Stickied Post
    oneplusfav4ever , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Apr 18, 2021 :
    This is the Best Day in my life and ofcourse to my Family.
    One of the best memorable day. I have gifted OnePlus 9R to my wife and she was so thrilled. Actually she is also OnePlus User and Ultimate Fan. She loved OnePlus only because OnePlus phones are Clean and Stock Android experience and ofcourse Excellent and Number ONE OXYGEN OS.

9R is Beast and best phone till date for the price and so amazed. Here's the Family Fun with 9R Unboxing. Thanks to OnePlus Community for this great opportunity. Love the community care 💗

1618769823690.jpg

1618769823724.jpg
    Here's my Simple Unboxing video

29. RAAGUL B
    Cupcake Apr 19, 2021

Stickied Post

Crystal Z. likes this.
  30. Y1508180286146
    Cupcake Apr 20, 2021

Stickied Post
    Y1508180286146 , via OnePlus 9 , Apr 20, 2021 :
    1618888001089.jpg

A perfection among imperfections :

The sun dipped low spreading a purplish hue over the orange sky and the dying rays caressed my frowning face as the screen of my loyal phone froze for the third time in a single day reminding me with a pang of sadness, that it was time to buy a new mobile. Yet, I was afraid the standards set by my old, loyal phone were too high.

Today, unwrapping my oneplus 9, I realized I made the right choice.
    The lightening fast charge, the jumbo storage, the astounding camera were worth waiting for and the mesmerizing blend of indescribable colours coating the surface formed the icing on the cake.

You know that intuition you have while buying something, that tiny, little voice cooing in your ear, the unshakeable feeling that you wouldn't regret it; boy, am I glad I gave it a chance.

Attached Files:

31. O1616072204398
    Cupcake Apr 20, 2021

Stickied Post
    O1616072204398 , Apr 20, 2021 :
    7FA29047-078F-42F7-B765-65AAF49CE5FE.jpeg 01E57049-8F86-426F-BB6F-A61CE98982BA.jpeg 29DB1D96-7010-4225-9A3D-71C143BBF6A0.jpeg The Oneplus 9 Pro looks like a solid and reliable phone. The morning mist color is innovative and very distinctive.

I found it comfortable to hold, with a good battery, a great display, smooth and clearly visible in sunlight.

The new optics and Hasselblad bring a marked improvement in photos and videos.

Always super fast, fluid and responsive, it is also waterproof, in short, in my opinion it is the OnePlus to buy!

NEVER SEATTLE.

32. Stickied Post
    SamuraiTronVC , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 21, 2021 :
    First thing first, I just love this Stellar Black, both colour and in-hand feel. There's nothing out there which even remotely feels like this.

Second thing I love are cameras, OnePlus may have over-hyped the cameras, but damn, the reviewers should redo their reviews after the latest update, the colours, especially in Hasselblad Pro mode are so true to life, like what you see is what you get kinda colours. The HDR processing is also great at keeping both darker and brighter sections of the photo good enough for a great shot. And usually you won't see this in reviews, but I really love the shutter sound that's reminiscent of the Hasselblad cameras, I usually turn off shutter sounds cause they are annoying but not here. And lemme tell you, I have never seen an ultrawide lens this good on a smartphone, it's very detailed and colours are amazing like on main lens. The monochrome shots also have this such artistic look which you can't get from a simple B&W filter.
    1618966009342.jpg

1618966009460.jpg

1618966009549.jpg

Starcommander, WassiWaz and JelleZon like this.
  33. RashmiMallya
    Cupcake May 4, 2021 at 8:35 AM

Stickied Post
    RashmiMallya , via OnePlus 9 Pro , May 4, 2021 at 8:35 AM :
    Being a photographer, apart from other specs camera was quintessential factor for my new phone. I chose OnePlus 9 pro mainly for its HasselBlad camera.
    While I was unboxing the phone, I could feel the same excitement running in me when I got myself a brand new camera for the same reason which I was certainly sure of having made the best decision.
    I was mesmerized by its crisp clarity in wide range shots and its video quality, what made me love it more was its lightning speed interface and sleek design. Truly, love at every sight.
    1620113692960.jpg

1620113693018.jpg

1620113693092.jpg

Crystal Z. likes this.
  34. AlexJimenez71
    Cupcake May 4, 2021 at 8:20 PM

Stickied Post
    AlexJimenez71 , via OnePlus 7T , May 4, 2021 at 8:20 PM :
    Hello everyone!

Yeah, what an stunning phone. Coming from a 5T and a 7T, the OnePlus 9 is still impresing me even when I have been using it for the last 4 days. The first look was frankly impressive.

1620154698633.jpg

The box, the body and the screen of the OP9 were the first things that caught my attention. I love how the color red has always been around since the OnePlus 1's battery.

1620154698866.jpg

But if I have to choose one thing, I think I have to pick the cameras. Incredible combination of Good sensors and the lovely Hasselblad touch. Perfect.

1620154699050.jpg

Cheers!

Crystal Z. and WassiWaz like this.
  35. SRD.
    Lollipop Apr 6, 2021

36. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Apr 6, 2021

YRJ , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 6, 2021 :
    Glad to see the unboxing challenge again!
    Can't wait to see the amazing pictures people will click

All the best to everyone participating :)

37. The Dinosaur
    Gingerbread Apr 6, 2021

The Dinosaur , Apr 6, 2021 :
    I will buy one from Jurassic Park and unbox it with my teeth.

38. ShreyasPatil_
    Jelly Bean Apr 6, 2021

39. meatandy
    Oreo Apr 6, 2021

meatandy , Apr 6, 2021 :
    I will definitely give my impressions when OP sends out my voucher code.:rolleyes:

40. DarshanMeniya
    Jelly Bean Apr 6, 2021

DarshanMeniya , Apr 6, 2021 :
    Hey! @Crystal Z.

Do we get virtual unboxing contest? As per current situation I can only afford for virtual unboxing of "OnePlus 9 Series". Last time you did it, do we expect this time?

41. obakesan.
    Jelly Bean Apr 6, 2021

42. O. Priya
    Honeycomb Apr 6, 2021

43. SRD.
    Lollipop Apr 6, 2021

SRD. , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 6, 2021 :
    You should have said, "So, I have been using the Oneplus 9Pro for a month". They should send one to you looking at your avatar.

44. spartaq95
    Eclair Apr 6, 2021

S1608267679902 and Gor.V like this.
  45. Navdeep_Malik
    Jelly Bean Apr 6, 2021

46. AbhilashSaikia
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Apr 6, 2021

AbhilashSaikia , Apr 6, 2021 :
    Awesome! The unboxing challenge is back and I can't wait to see some really creative content :D
    Good luck to everyone participating!

47. NShankaraN
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 6, 2021

NShankaraN , via OnePlus 5 , Apr 6, 2021 :
    I would love to give my first impressions and unboxing experience.
    I hope I will be able to do it soon^TM , once my lucky reward is processed and sent 🤞🙃

48. Basudev7
    Gingerbread Apr 6, 2021

S1608267679902 likes this.
  49. Demon_Umang_Nine
    Eclair Apr 6, 2021

50. The fraggle
    Honeycomb Apr 6, 2021

The fraggle , Apr 6, 2021 :

Ridiculous!!!! You launch this one week after a lot of us got our phones?? How are we meant to do an unboxing if we opened them a week ago??? This is pretty poor even for oneplus.

51. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Apr 6, 2021

Bobbie63 , Apr 6, 2021 :
    Just put it back in the box, find yourself some stunning model and shoot a video. Success guaranteed.:rolleyes:

52. asishgrwl
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 6, 2021

asishgrwl , Apr 6, 2021 :
    Nice contest. All the best to everyone participating.:)
    I may join as well, don't know yet.

53. The fraggle
    Honeycomb Apr 6, 2021

The fraggle , Apr 6, 2021 :
    I'll see if Susan boyle is available. Seriously, it's really crap planning. Launching this after the pre-orders have been fulfilled and opened.