Uncontrollable Clearance Delay - Post Updates here

1. yonahwolf
    Gingerbread Oct 27, 2016

yonahwolf , Oct 27, 2016 :
    I figured I'd create this thread to separate those of us that are waiting on the 'Uncontrollable Clearance Delay' issues at DHL.

So far, here is what I've ascertained:
    - Most of the people posting with this seem to have orders destined for the US
    - Most of them were shipped on October 24th-25th.
    - Most of them seem to be updated at exactly the same time - screenshot below.
    - DHL seems to think it's a customs paperwork issue with the logistics company
    - I spoke to one plus support, the support team is trying to get int touch with the logistics team to figure out the delay. The support person I spoke to on the phone also seemed to indicate that they were getting a lot of calls about this one.
    - OP Customer Support also seemed to indicate that it could take 24-48 hours for the logistics team to get back to them - as I write this it's about 10:30pm in Shenzen China.

My hope - if enough of us +1 this thread and keep it bubbling up the recents lists, maybe someone at OP will escalate this so that we get an answer faster.

Are you seeing similar results to the below in your tracking? :

opdhl.png

2. opr8or
    Cupcake Oct 27, 2016

opr8or , Oct 27, 2016 :
    Yep, seeing similar, shipping to California. OnePlus order page (still) shows Nov 7 estimated delivery, so while I'd prefer it to come early, can't really say it's late...

upload_2016-10-27_7-43-33.png

ivan liu likes this.
  3. mortezaa
    Cupcake Oct 27, 2016

4. sterval
    Eclair Oct 27, 2016

sterval , Oct 27, 2016 :
    Same - day 3 of clearance delay... U.S. delivery was supposed to be today...

5. Robfozz
    Gingerbread Oct 27, 2016

Robfozz , Oct 27, 2016 :
    Same here, been in Delay status for 3 days now. Estimated delivery on DHL says today but it says its still in Shenzhen so I doubt thats gonna happen lol. Can't complain too much, still a week and a half early from what Oneplus's tracker says.

6. yonahwolf
    Gingerbread Oct 27, 2016

7. jowilhnson
    Cupcake Oct 27, 2016

jowilhnson , Oct 27, 2016 :
    Same here, not one of the "lucky" ones to have shipped early. Supposed to receive tomorrow, probably not going to happen. From what I've seen on reddit, 2 Days delay is fairly normal, and then it takes 2 days from when it gets released to being delivered. Does DHL do Saturday deliveries? That seems our best hope at this point. Would be better than Monday or later.

gmo8492 likes this.
  8. yonahwolf
    Gingerbread Oct 27, 2016

I just want someone from OnePlus or DHL to give us a straight answer - along the lines of :

9. Joshua _Velazquez
    Cupcake Oct 27, 2016

Joshua _Velazquez , Oct 27, 2016 :
    Same thing here its been the same DHL ETA of delivery is today 10/27 but the tracking shows Uncontrollable Clearance Delay so is still in China if this is not clear by tomorrow morning i will call costumer suport. All this thing need to be explain by them so all of us can be more calm if its normal

10. Robfozz
    Gingerbread Oct 27, 2016

Robfozz , Oct 27, 2016 :
    Yknow what I take it back, this is pretty unacceptable. I ordered this phone, paid my $400, 15 DAYS AGO, and the things not even out of the place it was made. And it doesn't seem like its gonna be coming out of there for another couple days because of this clearance delay, ON TOP OF the time its going to take to actually travel to me.

At this point I wish I paid the $50 extra to just buy it from a reseller like Amazon because it wouldve been here the next day.

11. Ogavin
    Cupcake Oct 27, 2016

Ogavin , Oct 27, 2016 :
    Same thing here. Shipped on the 25th with estimated delivery today but still in China. It'd be nice if they would at least update the estimate.

12. G_Lincoln_Machado_PSDH
    Cupcake Oct 27, 2016

G_Lincoln_Machado_PSDH , Oct 27, 2016 :
    Same thing here, i'm from Brazil, i'm in vacancy in US and bought the OP3, the Estimated delivery was Oct 28, 2016 and now the delay of DHL ............... if it continues I will have to cancel my order

13. yonahwolf
    Gingerbread Oct 27, 2016

Rob - when I bought the phone, they clearly communicated that it would be there by 10/28 (Tomorrow). I can't fault them for taking 2 weeks, as they were clear about communicating that upfront. I can't expect them to deliver it sooner than they promised.

What I do expect, as @Ogavin points out, is that they should at least update us as to what's going on. Especially since this isn't a last mile issue from DHL to my house, but a customs issue that seems to be effecting a lot of their customers.

A bunch of years ago, I sent a laptop in to a major US computer manufacturer. I was told it would take a week to turnaround. I shipped it in, waited 10 days, and heard no word. I called the company only to discover that third party had gone out of business in the span of that week, and rather than return my existing laptop, they'd send me a new identical one.

I sincerely hope that something like this didn't happen to OP's supplier in China

14. G_Lincoln_Machado_PSDH
    Cupcake Oct 27, 2016

with chat OnePlus:
    1. Rosalyn said:
      Yes, " Uncontrollable Clearance Delay" we are aware of this concern.

14:21:15

2. Rosalyn said:
      We are working this, we already send email to China for this concern.

14:21:40

3. Rosalyn said:
      We do apologize for the delay. Lincoln.

14:21:54

15. jowilhnson
    Cupcake Oct 27, 2016

Seriously, I had a quick chat with a DHL rep who told me nothing except they'd have someone look into it and get back to me in a couple of hours. I'm not expecting anything helpful from them either. They'll probably just say it's a "customs delay" and leave it at that with no estimate of delivery or anything.

16. dachengcode
    Eclair Oct 27, 2016

dachengcode , Oct 27, 2016 :
    Same thing for me. My order also shipped on 10/24 with DHL delivery estimate to California of 10/26. Currently on Day #3 of "Clearance event", and DHL delivery estimate changed to "unavailable". Of note, my delivery estimate on my OP order is tomorrow (10/28).

I called DHL, the rep told me although the system says delivery estimate is 10/28, my package is still stuck in customs in China, so there's no way it will arrive by tomorrow. So for sure it looks like I won't get my phone until next week (or later???).

Anyone else hear differently from DHL customer service? Thanks!

17. jowilhnson
    Cupcake Oct 27, 2016

They should definitely be able to do this. It's not like the shipment is stuck somewhere between here and there, they've been sitting in Shenzhen all week. If it's a paperwork issue, they should have had someone run down the street and hand them the paperwork two days ago. At the very least they should give us a straight answer. After taking our money upfront weeks ago, they owe us our phones by the promised date, or a reasonable explanation.

gmo8492 and yonahwolf like this.
  18. ibanez966
    Eclair Oct 27, 2016

ibanez966 , Oct 27, 2016 :
    I am on my 3rd day of clearance delay as well. Original DHL delivery date was today. OnePlus estimated date is tomorrow.

Ordered Oct 12th going to NY

Screen Shot 2016-10-27 at 12.34.25 PM.png

19. G_Lincoln_Machado_PSDH
    Cupcake Oct 27, 2016

There's something much stranger on this...... Look the date:

Thursday, October 27, 2016
    Location Time Piece
    7 Uncontrollable Clearance Delay SHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 21:22

Every one here has the same time and 3 days of delay

Attached Files:

20. Christian Anderson
    Cupcake Oct 27, 2016

Christian Anderson , Oct 27, 2016 :
    Yep my order looks the same as everyone else's i ordered mine 10/15. But it always showed arriving 11/07 on the OnePlus site. It sucks they got my hopes up pf having a new phone this weekend.