Under Water!

1. #UmarHakim
    Donut Apr 11, 2018

#UmarHakim , Apr 11, 2018 :
    I have the One+5, so far I am pretty much content with this device. I have a unique story...

I lost my phone one day, and I looked all over house for it. i was In/Out the kitchen; where it was last used, but no phone. Fortunately, my Bluetooth headset was still connected; so every time walk in the kitchen - it connects. So i decided to play Hot/Cold to locate my device.

In the kitchen, it connects. Out the kitchen, it loses connection. In the kitchen - it connects, so I am Hot! Looking all through the kitchen but no phone. I called from a landline (yes, I still have a landline) and no answer.

My pacing around the house "Connecting-Disconnecting" the search is going over an hour and 1/2 looking for my device.

Guest What?

Leaning against the sink, I look down and there it is ~ SUBMERGED IN A BOWL OF WATER!

I dove in, rescued my device. First thing I did... was to hit my right side POWER button .... AND.....

BING ~ I have POWER! Wiped it off, checked Instagram and other apps, and it rightfully works!

But I have no phone service, the SIM icon is slashed for no service. Popped my SIM card, wipe off some water, blew out the compartment, reinserted the SIM and....

I HAVE PHONE SERVICE, NO SHORTS, SCREEN IS COOL, and CLEAR AUDIO ~ Nothing was wrong with my device. I was just in time to talk with a board member ~ but One Question?

How did it get Submerged in Water?

Huh.

All Rights Rights Reserve #UmarHakim April 2018

2. meatandy
    Oreo Apr 11, 2018

meatandy , Apr 11, 2018 :
    No problems YET , fingers crossed your will not have any in the future.

3. #UmarHakim
    Donut Apr 11, 2018

It has been over a week with No problems

4. Lancelot_69
    Lollipop Apr 11, 2018

Lancelot_69 , Apr 11, 2018 :
    Water damage can take time but very happy the phone survived. Great story

Nayaz99 and Nick 59 like this.
  5. moskito99
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 11, 2018

6. #UmarHakim
    Donut Apr 11, 2018

7. Sunilh121
    Honeycomb Apr 11, 2018

8. #UmarHakim
    Donut Apr 11, 2018

Ha!

9. sommersy
    KitKat Apr 12, 2018

sommersy , Apr 12, 2018 :
    I really second this, even if the phone seems fine now.

One of my old devices got soaked but worked fine afterwards. Now, however, its card readers won't stay on and the battery life is wrecked.

I kept it for sentimental reasons, but couldn't have sold it anyway in its condition.

10. marcusskyfall
    Jelly Bean Apr 12, 2018

marcusskyfall , Apr 12, 2018 :

Great to hear some brilliant news! Hope your device goes from strength to strength with no issues :)

11. HARVEY.SPECTER
    Gingerbread Apr 12, 2018

HARVEY.SPECTER , Apr 12, 2018 :
    That's great.
    Btw some maniacs have already done this intentionally and it's on YouTube.
    Oneplus may not say but every phone from OP3-5T can survive under water.

12. Retchey
    Gingerbread Apr 12, 2018

13. G_John_Thatcher_wTek
    Cupcake Apr 12, 2018

G_John_Thatcher_wTek , Apr 12, 2018 :
    rice doesn't work. take it from an electrical engineer, power the phone off and place it in the highest precentage alcohol you can find for 2 hours. this should displace the water. then remove and wait for the alcohol to evaporate. this will mitigate the effects of electromagnetic migration