Unfortunately, the process.com.android.systemui has stopped. Any ideas to resolve?

1. Dave Hetherington
    Cupcake Nov 14, 2014

Dave Hetherington , Nov 14, 2014 :
    New Phone
    Unboxed it and put the SIM in for use
    The One Plus One phone made one phone call and is now unable to make further phone calls..

I went through the standard system setup from the One Plus One menus and some CM updates that were automatically downloaded

Now the phone has a dialogue box that is saying

Unfortunately, the process.com.android.systemui has stopped.

I press ok and then the dialogue box states

Unfortunately, Dialler has stopped.

I press OK

The phone goes into a whirling arrow around the cyanogenmod icon - repeatedly

Why is it doing that?

I have powered off and rebooted the device numerous times but this is still the status

There is another dialogue box

Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped.

Additionally a further dialogue box appears once you press ok on the previous dialogue box

Are there any suggestions, remedies, resolutions, ideas...

I need the phone to work and it doesn't presently

Any assistance - greatly appreciated!

2. mossy1963
    Jelly Bean Nov 14, 2014

mossy1963 , Nov 14, 2014 :
    Its a new phone...you've installed some updates...just do a factory reset

carbine30 likes this.
  3. BelowSeaLevel
    Gingerbread Nov 14, 2014

4. rambg
    Eclair Nov 14, 2014

rambg , Nov 14, 2014 :
    it is most likely memory leak from software side. as told in the above post do a factory reset by entering into recover mode (use search to know how to enter) and if still persists, download the factory image from https://cyngn.com/products/oneplusone/ and flash it (use search again to know how to install). this should resolve the issue.

5. firewire2035
    KitKat Nov 14, 2014

firewire2035 , Nov 14, 2014 :
    to start the factory reset procedure. "power button + vol button down" to get into recovery mode. then you should be able to navigate to factory reset. (i dont have stock recovery anymore, so cant step you through). and remember to wipe both caches for laughs.

6. fahimnycusa
    Jelly Bean Nov 14, 2014

fahimnycusa , Nov 14, 2014 :
    Reset it...since its still pretty new

7. mossy1963
    Jelly Bean Nov 14, 2014

He doesn't need anything so drastic. A simple factory reset does the trick. Lets not over-complicate a simple fix. If by some miracle it doesn't he can start to look at reflashing as per my signature...but I very much doubt it. The phone is straight out of the box plus some updates....it just needs resetting

8. firewire2035
    KitKat Nov 14, 2014

firewire2035 , Nov 14, 2014 :
    interestingly and sadly you probably getting more responds here in /off topic than in /tech-support.

mossy1963 likes this.
  9. mossy1963
    Jelly Bean Nov 14, 2014

good point well made :)
    but its where the noobs post unfortunately. And if you can't reset, chances are you can't post in the correct category.
    No offence intended to anyone before the flamers emerge...simple observation

10. jimmy0228
    Eclair Nov 14, 2014

11. rambg
    Eclair Nov 14, 2014

rambg , Nov 14, 2014 :
    I agree and went through this my self couple of times. Few phones won't budge. And who knows OTAs are getting applied during transit :cool: