[UNIFIED] Battery and heating feedback thread OnePlus 8

1. amanbanjara , via OnePlus 8 Interstellar Glow , Apr 12, 2021 :
    Exactly Same problem i am facing right now.

@Rishabh@#@ likes this.
  2. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Apr 12, 2021

pablofg1978 , Apr 12, 2021 :
    Thread merged

Caoimhín likes this.

3. JdPandit
    Cupcake Apr 14, 2021

4. Z1513396474649
    Cupcake Apr 17, 2021

Z1513396474649 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 17, 2021 :
    मेरे मोबाइल बहुत हीट हो रहा है में दो बार फेक्टरी री सेट भी कर चुका हूँ मै मध्यप्रदेश के अशोकनगर जिले में रहता हूं कृपा कर मेरा मोबाइल बदल दे

5. Dev3957
    Eclair Apr 18, 2021

Dev3957 , via OnePlus 8 , Apr 18, 2021 :
    Turn off ambient display and also turn off backup from settings and auto sync it will help to retain battery life but still it may drain more than actual limit OnePlus needs to push an update ASAP to fix this issue

Rio19052 likes this.
  6. Samoel.Fejzo
    Cupcake Apr 19, 2021

7. NearxosPapGR
    Cupcake Apr 19, 2021

NearxosPapGR , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 19, 2021 :
    I got the shame problem bro😕😕🤣🤣

8. O1614946460782
    Cupcake Apr 21, 2021

9. BeingHumanSam , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Apr 21, 2021 :
    Please try doing this few steps. Definitely going to solve your Phone heating issue.

1. Please turn Off Auto Brightness for screen.
    2. Keep you screen on timer to the minimum as possible.
    3. Keep the In Pocket mode On.
    4. Uninstall unwanted 3rd party apps, as it kills your battery life too...

5. Check your location settings and background apps
    Always turnoff

6. Please avoid playing continuously high End Graphic Games, As your phone is not a gaming phone it's a best features full day-to-day life useful device. With good specifications. But Still NOT A 24x7 GAMING Device.

Hope my suggestion help .

Warms Regards,
    Dr. Sam

10. M1596088372109
    Cupcake Apr 21, 2021

11. @rsh
    Eclair Apr 21, 2021

12. @rsh
    Eclair Apr 21, 2021

13. Dahiya1010
    Cupcake Apr 25, 2021

14. InamKhanzzz
    Donut Apr 26, 2021

15. Sys_32
    Donut Apr 27, 2021

Sys_32 , via OnePlus 8 , Apr 27, 2021 :
    For the excessive battery drain, I've found that downloading Malwarebytes to disable system contacts, phone, and messages stops it (kinda), using Google's instead. (Sorry OnePlus) If you are privacy orientated, Mozilla had some alternative messaging apps listed in their various blogs, all are free or relatively cheap.
    Malwarebytes is also able to disable or delete apps or plug-ins that aren't needed for functionality, but ensure you know what you are deleting. Malwarebytes can easily brick your phone with a wrong button.
    You can also switch to optimized battery with Google Play Services, but Play Store updates will be delayed. (Google Play Protect will also no longer be "live," hence Malwarebytes)
    I haven't seen any difference in using 90hz vs 60hz in terms of battery (noice), but adding battery saver to DC Dimming in the labs settings allows you to go a few hours at 90hz with only 10% battery use with the solutions I've messed with.
    With all this stuff I've done to this poor phone to force it to live, I'm able to get it to survive with 45% battery at 90hz at the end of a 12+ hr work shift, no charging breaks.
    Keep in mind that I'm using the unlocked version of the OnePlus 8 with latest version of OxygenOS, the default launcher, no social media, and not charging overnight or leaving it plugged in at 💯%.
    Also, using a standard brick charger (or previous generation Dash charger) for long charge sessions, where you are busy, while using the Warp charger for emergencies seems to be better as time goes on, that also solves the heating issues.
    The heating issues during games can, depending on the game, be solved by enabling Pro Mode/Fanatic Mode (will increase battery usage). I tested this with Risk, World of Warships, and Doom Eternal streaming through the XBOX app. I also tested with local games like PUBG and The Elder Scrolls: Blades.
    The last thing I need to do to improve battery and performance is break into ROG and steal some RGB lighting, gonna make the OnePlus logo glow.