[UNIFIED] Battery and heating feedback thread OnePlus 8

1. MAZABRO
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2021

MAZABRO , via OnePlus 8 , Apr 28, 2021 :
    View attachment 1593951

2. Barat154
    Cupcake Apr 29, 2021

Barat154 , via OnePlus 8 , Apr 29, 2021 :
    Battery drains extremely fast some days with no valid reason.I just charged this morning till 95% and with few minutes its down to 90%.

-No games

-60Hz

-Battery saver On

-Screen brightness is minimum

My Usage is normal, and there no heavy use of camera or any other apps.

I've tried uninstalling unused apps,clearing temp files.

Can somebody kindly guide me through this issue?
    Anyone else facing the same problem?

1619695085656.jpg

3. abubaker siddiq
    Eclair Apr 29, 2021

abubaker siddiq , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 29, 2021 :
    just factory reset or hard reset your phone before doing take back up bro

Barat154 likes this.
  4. abubaker siddiq
    Eclair Apr 29, 2021

abubaker siddiq , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 29, 2021 :
    facing same issue in 8 pro

5. Barat154
    Cupcake Apr 29, 2021

Barat154 , via OnePlus 8 , Apr 29, 2021 :
    Bro by doing factory reset did ur issue get resolved?Still facing any problems?

6. abubaker siddiq
    Eclair Apr 29, 2021

Barat154 likes this.

7. Rowdyeswar
    Donut May 4, 2021

8. Sys_32
    Donut May 5, 2021

Sys_32 , via OnePlus 8 , May 5, 2021 :
    Tips to Save Battery Life on OnePlus 8/T/Pro

Over the last few days with my brand new unlocked OnePlus 8, I've been working on ways to solve that pesky little battery drain issue as well as figure out heating problems, at least temporarily until an official fix is out. Here's what I've come up with:

Make sure to read my warnings and/or further points before following my steps.

First up, you do not need to root your device or unlock your bootloader for my solutions, as there is technically nothing wrong with OxygenOS itself as a whole, just smol bugs here and there.

Next up, disable Chrome Browser and use Microsoft Edge. Edge gives you the same functionality as Chrome with the privacy and security of Firefox. Use Firefox if you don't want to use MSFT Services. While Edge previously held 1st place for worst browser on battery and privacy, their recent updates have vastly improved it and the browser may actually be faster than Chrome now. Do NOT disable the Google app itself, just the browser.

Next up, Pixelfy your phone. *Disable the built in messaging and phone services and replace them with those provided by Google. Replace the various files apps with either Google One or Google Files. System apps CAN be disabled if there is a replacement. **Don't forget Google carrier services, but do NOT disable built in carrier services or optimize their battery usage. (*This is referring to app literally called Carrier Services. ")

Next up, take that Pixel action further with either Nova Launcher or Action Launcher. While Action Launcher is better on battery life, Nova is on a different level of customization.

Next up, use Malwarebytes to go through system files and disable system apps that aren't necessary for functionality or optimize the battery or disable their use of data***. What you consider unnecessary is different than me, so do it if it needs a doing. If you do not recognize file names and/or are uncomfortable with this kind or work, ask for help here or on support thread (or at mod direction) . Be aware that accidently disabling the wrong file may cause system wide issues that may not be solvable with a factory reset.

Last up, avoid using Samsung Accessories. Due to the way Galaxy devices sync data with smartphones outside their ecosystem, alongside the Knox security chip, you essentially have a battery "parasite." Any fix for this issue has to come from Samsung and as of now, they do not consider it critical.

Just a final tip: If your browser and/or another app already is doing what an external app is, remove the external app. For example, don't use Reddit as an app if their mobile browser version is perfectly functional, even if you may be called a weeb for it. (I don't make the rules.)

*Do NOT do this on the T-Mobile or Verizon version through Malwarebytes. It will brick your phone. Go direct through device settings.
    **Skip this step with carrier services on the Verizon version. You can safely do this on the T-Mobile version if you are on OxygenOS stable.
    ***Install all the files apps you want to use BEFORE disabling system files apps. Do NOT do this on any beta OxygenOS device unless y'all wanna get funky in recovery.

Keep in mind that there are dozens of files, settings, and device specific conditions that affect battery life and heating. Your experience will be vastly different than mine. At the end of the day, with the steps I've taken including a factory reset after account setup, I have about 45-50% battery at the end of a day.

Hope this helps and KCCO.

9. Rowdyeswar
    Donut May 7, 2021

Rowdyeswar , via OnePlus 8 , May 7, 2021 :
    If you plan pubg then you will face the issues

10. P1614536945721 likes this.
  11. P1614536945721
    Cupcake May 7, 2021

12. Amalsp
    Eclair May 8, 2021

Amalsp , via OnePlus 8 , May 8, 2021 :
    Hi
    I also face this battery and heating problem but I know that this was due to my daily usage and
    There was a huge issue with my one plus 8 where I never hear from other users .that is some times after a light heating the screen just shows like it has just been broken .and after restarting the problem is sloved but I expected it a multiple times
    Thank you🤎

ParasJogi and Rowdyeswar like this.
  13. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert May 8, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , May 8, 2021 :
    Here are some tips to Optimise the use of your phone. This may help with many phone issues. By @TheMystic
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/updated-2021-setting-up-your-phone-for-best-experience.1415175/

14. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert May 9, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , May 9, 2021 :
    6% over what period of time.? There is no context in your statement.

Check from 100% full charge down to 20% or lower and post screenshots of the Battery stats.

15. AkshayMohanan
    Cupcake May 9, 2021

16. ksx4system
    Eclair May 9, 2021

ksx4system , May 9, 2021 :
    Never had issues with both Vanced set of apps and default Gallery app, both on OOS 10 and OOS 11.