Battery/Charging [UNIFIED] Battery and heating feedback thread OnePlus 8T

1. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Aug 22, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Aug 22, 2021 :
    Here are some tips to Optimise the use of your phone. This may help with many phone issues. By @TheMystic
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/updated-2021-setting-up-your-phone-for-best-experience.1415175/

Which Apps drain battery the most.
    https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/drain-nation/

Why Your Android Phone Is Overheating (And How to Fix It)
    https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/prevent-android-phone-overheating/

Gor. and Shailender Sharma like this.
  2. joedenim
    Cupcake Aug 23, 2021

joedenim , via OnePlus 8T , Aug 23, 2021 :
    I'm already tired of sending you logs about overheat to fix the problem that I faced at least 3 updates ago. If I do a factory reset and install only one application, which did not have this problem when I bought the phone, can you guarantee that the problem goes away? If not, why so few people facing it, because the devices are technically the same. Is this a warranty case for returning the phone?
    Oxygen OS 11.0.10.10.KB05AA
    Waiting for a response from a OnePlus representative.

3. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Aug 23, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Aug 23, 2021 :
    There are no OnePlus Representatives here, this is Not Support, it's a user Forum.

If you want to talk to a OnePlus Representative, contact OnePlus support directly to see if they have more information on your issue. Scroll down the page for Email, Phone contact and online Chat details.
    https://www.oneplus.com/support

Gor. and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Q1539221291419
    Cupcake Aug 27, 2021

5. DIVITH.C
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 28, 2021

DIVITH.C , via OnePlus 8T Aquamarine Green , Aug 28, 2021 :
    Few points to check,
    -Please check what kind of phone cover you are using. If they are trapping the heat way to much.
    -Do not try and cool your device by ice packs, etc as the extreme temperatures might expose device to moisture directly or via condensation.
    -Try monitoring cpu temps with the help of third party apps on play store during events which cause phone to heat up. Check if those related apps/software are on the latest version.
    -Take it to the OnePlus Store and insist to get it thoroughly checked for battery or cooling issues
    -Try managing storage by clearing junk (media/apps) or unwanted big files, processing them may cause CPU to overclock and heat

Hope these things help.

surenddar likes this.
  6. DIVITH.C
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 28, 2021

7. juaancar7
    Donut Sep 3, 2021

juaancar7 , via OnePlus 8T , Sep 3, 2021 :
    Hello guys I read this thread because a few months ago I noticed on my OnePlus 8T that when I left home my device consumes a lot of battery, normally when I used the phone the percentage drains substantially, every two minutes the percentage drops. I used my phone normally no games only WhatsApp, Instagram, YouTube Music.....etc. Anyone noticed that? Let me know. Thanks!!!

Nawin Singh16 likes this.
  8. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Sep 3, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Sep 3, 2021 :
    You mention when you left home it drained. Does this mean you went from WiFi to 4G LTE data. Depending on your signal strength for 4G, it can use more battery than WiFi. Any background or running apps will also put more drain on a 4G signal.
    Here is a better explanation on why 4G may drain a battery faster.
    https://www.mobiles.co.uk/blog/does-4g-drain-your-battery/

Gor. likes this.
  9. Y1609603133083
    Cupcake Sep 4, 2021

Y1609603133083 , via OnePlus 8T , Sep 4, 2021 :
    This phone has heating issue. It starts heating within 15 minutes of normal usage. Also apps doesn't install due to storage issue whereas i have around 200 gb storage available.

10. ashugmangu
    Eclair Sep 14, 2021

ashugmangu , via OnePlus 8T , Sep 14, 2021 :
    8T is heating very severely while charging and using Cellphone at both time. I'm afraid to use it. Whole screen and back body heating too much.
    Please bring some update to fix it.
    1631587064594.jpg

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021

11. bishnujyoti
    Cupcake Sep 18, 2021

bishnujyoti , via OnePlus 8T , Sep 18, 2021 :
    Hello OnePlus Community
    Great Experience with OnePlus . But in my recent OnePlus 8T update 11.0.9.9KB05DA I am facing overheating on normal use as well as game play issue , help me with this

12. drmartin
    Moderator Moderator Sep 18, 2021

drmartin , Sep 18, 2021 :
    Have you tried deleting the cache?

Unlike a master reset, wiping the cache partition does not delete your personal data.

Wipe cache partition
    1. Turn off your device.
    2. Press and hold the Volume down and Power button at the same time.
    3. When the OnePlus logo appears, release the Power button, but continue holding the Volume down button.
    4. At the Password screen, enter the Password or PIN number that you use to unlock your device. When done, tap Ok.
    5. Tap English.
    6. Tap Wipe data and cache.
    7. Tap Wipe cache.
    8. Tap Yes to continue.
    9. Tap Reboot to restart the phone.

Gor. and Caomhin like this.
  13. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Sep 18, 2021

pablofg1978 , Sep 18, 2021 :
    Thread merged

Caomhin likes this.
  14. Benny627
    Bug Hunter Staff Member Sep 24, 2021

Benny627 , Sep 24, 2021 :
    For analyzing this better we would need more details & to get this sorted out at the earliest, We've dropped you a personal message and would request you to respond to the same.

15. Samsammy2
    Cupcake Oct 6, 2021

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021

16. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Oct 6, 2021

pablofg1978 , Oct 6, 2021 :
    Thread merged
    No, it won't damage the battery

17. Samsammy2
    Cupcake Oct 6, 2021

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021

pablofg1978 likes this.
  18. G.PremkumarTinna , via OnePlus 8T , Oct 8, 2021 :
    Can anyone know how to watch amazon prime video in full screen...some ott apps are not working in full screen mode can anyone know how to enable it becoz it is disturbing my viewing experience