[UNIFIED]Dialer and messaging app discussion thread

1. dahiya28
    Froyo Oct 21, 2020

dahiya28 , Oct 21, 2020 :
    Moderator edit:

The OnePlus 8t,and the Nord also, was advertised to be released with the Google communications suite.
    If you want to make a request to oneplus, please use the feedback page
    Https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback
    Please don't create duplicate threads. Use this thread for discussion
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

why OnePlus phone and messages app not present in 8T? I don't like these Google stock apps.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2020

2. ShaviSuri
    Froyo Nov 11, 2020

Stickied Post
    ShaviSuri , Nov 11, 2020 :
    Hey everyone!!
    Greetings from my side. We were trying hard to get 100% working oneplus dialer and messaging app in oneplus 8t. and Yes, We have successfully done it.
    I am very happy t share the guide with you all

Requirements:
    -Root
    -Magisk
    -Busybox Module
    -App Systemizer Module
    -Your own responsibility before following the all steps

To root your device with magisk please follow this amazing guide by @DroidFreak32 :
    - https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-8t/how-to/guide-how-to-root-oneplus8t-kb2001-t4178675

Please download the required dialer apk from this link:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1814cAPa4y1yP2lJfvIQwkZTmoajxuEXi?usp=sharing
    If you need messaging and contact app as well. I have shared it in the above link.

- Download the Busybox Module in magisk
    Open the hamburger menu again like before, then head to "Downloads." In the search bar, do a search for the term "busybox" to locate the next module for this guide. Tap the download arrow once, then go to "Install" to start the install process. Once finished, tap the back arrow to return to the previous screen.

-Download the App Systemizer Module
    In the search bar for the "Downloads" section, do another search for the term "app systemizer," then repeat the process like before to get the module installed. Once this one finishes installing, you can go ahead and hit the "Reboot" button at the bottom to restart your device.

-Install the Terminal App
    To use the App Systemizer module you downloaded in Step 3, you'll first need to access a terminal. The module is entirely command-line based, which is why you also needed the Busybox module — it allows you to use more advanced commands with superuser permissions.
    Play Store Link: Termux

-Store the dialer in some of your specific location which is provided in the above google drive link.

-Systemize the OnePlus Phone App
    Open the Termux app, then type in the command below, followed by: (Please do not use " in all steps below commands)
    1. "su"
    When you're prompted to do so, tap the "Grant" option to give Termux full superuser privileges to your system.

2. Now that your superuser permissions have been granted, type in the next command followed by enter.
    "systemize"
    This command will immediately launch the App Systemizer module interface for the first time. This is easily the best way you can turn any user-installed app into a system app with minimal effort.

3. Choose option 3 only(Choice 1 & 2 not working in our 8T). Choice 3 was the best way to make dialer work in 8T.

4. Now give the apk location. For me, I have placed the apk directly into storage. Enter the following line.
    "/storage/emulated/0/Phone_Dialer.apk"

5. Now type 2 to install to /system/priv-app

6. Now app has installed successfully. Please disable google dialer for now.

7. Please make oneplus dialer as default phone dialer. It is very important step.

8. Please give all permissions to oneplus dialer from phone settings(calls logs,contacts,files and media,microphone, phone,SMS)
    If you are facing any issue in using systemizer app, please prefer this link . This link also contains screenshots for first few steps.

If you have followed all the steps carefully, You will have a working oneplus dialer with call recording. You can enable call recording from dialer settings.
    Once clear the catch before start using it.

Points to be noted:
    *Do not delete systemizer module, Dialer can be removed or disappeared(will find an alternative)
    * Do not make the messaging app as a system using systemizer, It is not happening and can cause issues. Use the messaging app as a user app only.

I am attaching the screenshots for your reference and I will keep updating the guide for better understanding, so please do not create multiple guides with the same steps.
    It is 100% tested and working fine. If you will face any bug, Please let everyone know in the comments below.

If you want this OnePlus dialer to be worked without root, Please request OnePlus officials in community to make it as system app with OTA update. You all can see it is possible to do record calls in oneplus 8t now.

Special thanks to: @sansanc , Abhi and KunalShah

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020

WoTandoori and Dineshrathore like this.
  3. KeepTransisting
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Oct 21, 2020

4. gazz1701
    Jelly Bean Oct 21, 2020

vishrutjha, codgician and Spliffman like this.
  5. dahiya28
    Froyo Oct 22, 2020

dahiya28 , Oct 22, 2020 :
    little tweaks done by OnePlus on their apps were very handy features. there's nothing special in Google apps.

6. Madanlal Mewada
    Donut Oct 22, 2020

Madanlal Mewada , via OnePlus 8T , Oct 22, 2020 :
    Dear oneplus,
    It's very nice that u have integrated with Google for full immersion into there vision,but as an OnePlus fan /user we are interested in your products and not Google's ..if we needed the Google phone and messaging app so badly we would have downloaded it externally or would have proudly bought an pixel phone...as of today there's no much difference in price of your products as well as pixels..
    Please be generous to your user and don't make
    Such decision.
    Kindly bring back the OnePlus phone and messaging app.
    Or kindly give us link to download them externally..

With regards
    OnePlus fan.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2020

7. shivpkapila
    Gingerbread Oct 22, 2020

shivpkapila , via OnePlus 8T , Oct 22, 2020 :
    I have noticed that one plus dialer app and one plus messaging app is missing on 8t
    . It has been replaced with default Google aaps.
    Does one plus remove these apps or it's just my device which is not showing apps.

8. Shubhamjain.mech
    Cupcake Oct 22, 2020

9. Rajendra.Bhat
    Jelly Bean Oct 22, 2020

Rajendra.Bhat , Oct 22, 2020 :
    I think OP messages app is available in the play store.

10. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Oct 22, 2020

Dresa91 , Oct 22, 2020 :
    short answer: no.

B_Wrath likes this.
  11. Shubhamjain.mech
    Cupcake Oct 22, 2020

LeptitLoS and Md.Asif786 like this.
  12. Shubhamjain.mech
    Cupcake Oct 22, 2020

13. Dresa91

Dresa91 , Oct 22, 2020 :
    because since OnePlus Nord OnePlus is using these Google apps...

14. Shubhamjain.mech
    Cupcake Oct 22, 2020

Shubhamjain.mech , via OnePlus 8T , Oct 22, 2020 :
    Does that means these will be remain same forever there is no chance that in near future these will be changed to one plus apps like before

15. Dresa91

Dresa91 , Oct 22, 2020 :
    Ask OnePlus.
    This is a user forum.
    Users usually don't know the plans of a company.

B_Wrath likes this.
  16. Sheppards
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 22, 2020

LeptitLoS likes this.

19. Dresa91

Dresa91 , Oct 22, 2020 :
    No team here. Why don't you understand that this is a user forum?

here you go: https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/create?type=2&node_id=314

20. Dresa91

Dresa91 , Oct 22, 2020 :
    No team here. Why don't you understand that this is a user forum?

here you go: https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/create?type=2&node_id=314

pavansekhar@v likes this.