[UNIFIED]Dialer and messaging app discussion thread

2. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Dresa91 , Oct 22, 2020 :
    then contact the support!

3. rc_rohit19
    Cupcake Oct 22, 2020

rc_rohit19 , via OnePlus 8T , Oct 22, 2020 :
    OnePlus is known for its brand value. And they are sticking to Google Dialer & Messages just because it provides Gapps.
    People buy OnePlus because of it's pure OxygenOS smooth experience. Without that OxygenOS is like any other Custom ROM. Why buy a Premium Phone?
    Please return the OnePlus Dialer & OnePlus Messages App back. If you want to keep the Google that's fine. Return the Pure OxygenOS Experience. That is worth the Money not this.
    Please fix this. It will be of a great help. Google Dialer & Message Apps are not good at all.

4. Dinesh_Rathore
    Honeycomb Oct 22, 2020

5. ShaviSuri
    Froyo Oct 22, 2020

ShaviSuri , via OnePlus 8T , Oct 22, 2020 :
    Hey Everyone.

Wish you every one a very good day !!
    My name is Shavi Suri and I am using my first OnePlus device which is OnePlus 8T.

For the last few years, I always wanted to have an OnePlus device but had no budget. Now finally I have my own OnePlus device.
    Everything is really awesome in this device but OnePlus disappointed me as well as thousands of users for not providing OnePlus Dialer and message app.

We all know OnePlus own dialer and message app has a ton of amazing features which makes our life easy and simple.
    The biggest feature which most of us missing is CALL RECORDING. Now we are not able to record calls without that computerized voice.
    There are thousands of third party recorder apps but sadly, None of them is perfect.
    I know most of us have tried many third party apps but disappointed.

I want to share my few attempts to access the OnePlus 8 dialer app in our beautiful and fast OnePlus 8T. I was 80% successful to import it without rooting or unlocking the phone.
    As we all know, the OnePlus 8T has exactly same architecture as OnePlus 8 has. It has same oxygen OS ROM as OnePlus 8 has. So it has all the important libraries included to use OnePlus dialer and messaging app.

But sadly, there is one issue which is causing the problem. In order to use the OnePlus dialer and messaging app without any problem, we have to root or unlock our phone which is not a flexible solution for all of us. I am attaching screenshots from my OnePlus 8T which shows that the dialer app is running on our phone but it's lacking some permissions. I have given all user permissions but it is asking for some system permissions which is only possible when we will make these apps as inbuilt system apps which is only possible with unlocking the phone.

So I am requesting to you all come together and let's ask OnePlus to add an OnePlus dialer and messaging app in our OnePlus 8T. We have no problem if OnePlus will keep google dialer and messaging apps but we all need alternative support of OnePlus dialer and messaging app in our 8T.

I know if we will come as unity, OnePlus will take our feedback seriously. OnePlus is the company that cares for user's feedback and the community is the best place to spread our feedback.

Guys, If there is 1% hope, we should give a try. We will surely get something in return.

Thanks, everyone for taking the time to read this thread.
    Regards.

1603381939932.jpg

1603381939969.jpg

1603381939998.jpg

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020

6. kunalshah9
    Gingerbread Oct 22, 2020

kunalshah9 , Oct 22, 2020 :
    Excellent thread as well as precise it could be... I 100% support and feel both should be available for a 40k+ device from OnePlus

7. ShaviSuri
    Froyo Oct 22, 2020

ShaviSuri , via OnePlus 8T , Oct 22, 2020 :
    Thanks for the support kunal :). Yes you are right, spending 40k+ is a big amount, company should listen to all of us.

E1603127405672 and GSM4448 like this.
  8. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Oct 22, 2020

pablofg1978 , Oct 22, 2020 :
    Thread merged
    Please use the search before creating a new thread

GSM4448 likes this.
  9. ShaviSuri
    Froyo Oct 22, 2020

ShaviSuri , Oct 22, 2020 :
    Hi mod, My thread was so detailed and had so many things to show. Is it possible to keep it as main thread in merged as well ?

mud4ss4r likes this.
  10. mud4ss4r
    Honeycomb Oct 22, 2020

mud4ss4r , Oct 22, 2020 :
    Neither do i like these apps. Nor this call recording alert which starts when you record someones call.

Though they are not buggy or something but i dont like so much integration of google apps. If you add google apps to stock then make ui like samsung , then that originality of OnePlus is lost.

Also ViLTE (Video Over LTE) is using google Duo which is not actually ViLTE. It feels like one feature is missing when it doesn't make ViLTE calls through carrier.

In nord it was fine we didn't complain because it was midrange! But if you are calling it as a flagship and ultra device . It should have those beautiful OnePlus Message and Phone app. 😍

Please OnePlus . In next update. Include OnePlus' own Phone and Message apps. And that bitmoji AOD feature ❤️ I will be happiest

11. pablofg1978

Sorry, there is an existing thread already open for discussion. I will pin your post, so it will be show in the first page.

drl431 likes this.
  12. ShaviSuri
    Froyo Oct 22, 2020

wow, thanks for your quick support. I was also adding a poll in my thread which will collect votes from people if peps wanted to add these features or not. can you please add a poll as well and move this thread to 8T section for a better approach? A humble request to you mod.

Thanks and regards.

GSM4448 likes this.
  13. pablofg1978

I really dont see the point to add a poll, if you really want to get to oneplus, you should submit a request using the feedback tool
    Also, take in mind that the op8t, and the nord too, was advertised to be released with the google comm suite. I think, and also hope, that it will not change

drl431 and RENZALEZ like this.
  14. ShaviSuri
    Froyo Oct 22, 2020

Yes. It's done. Sometimes, people are lazy to submit feedback in separate links or apps. That's why I was asking for poll for quick feedback. Anyway, no problems. Thanks for your help. hoping for best to have a dialer and messaging app soon.

15. manoj4480
    Cupcake Oct 22, 2020

manoj4480 , Oct 22, 2020 :
    Completely agree

ShaviSuri likes this.
  16. supraket
    Gingerbread Oct 24, 2020

supraket , via OnePlus 8T , Oct 24, 2020 :
    No, it's not available. Checked. OnePlus message app is called Messaging, which isn't there.

17. V1595960753315
    Eclair Oct 24, 2020

18. StepStorey
    Gingerbread Oct 25, 2020

StepStorey , via OnePlus 8T , Oct 25, 2020 :
    I am not sure why the complaining...i am coming from Samsung and the reason i chose OnePlus was to OS which is as close as it get to stock android. If you want stock android, then you get the google message and dialer applications which is fair enough.

RENZALEZ, Gravey6 and pablofg1978 like this.
  19. Dinesh_Rathore
    Honeycomb Oct 25, 2020

Dinesh_Rathore , via OnePlus 8T , Oct 25, 2020 :
    They replaced with google apps

20. ShaviSuri
    Froyo Oct 26, 2020

ShaviSuri , via OnePlus 8T , Oct 26, 2020 :
    OnePlus own dialer and message app was awesome. please use them once before commenting any final decision.

T1601450565112 and StepStorey like this.