[UNIFIED]Dialer and messaging app discussion thread

1. ShaviSuri
    Froyo Nov 12, 2020

ShaviSuri , via OnePlus 8T , Nov 12, 2020 :
    I think this is the wrong step you did. It was not the dublicate. He was asking for dialer. and I was showing some way with ROOT access. Both are different threads. I should have the separated thread.

2. pablofg1978
    Nougat Head Moderator Nov 12, 2020

pablofg1978 , Nov 12, 2020 :
    Can you tell me what is this thread title?

3. ShaviSuri
    Froyo Nov 12, 2020

ShaviSuri , via OnePlus 8T , Nov 12, 2020 :
    It's Guide "Guide: [Root] Steps to install OnePlus dialer with call recording in OnePlus 8T.

4. ShaviSuri
    Froyo Nov 12, 2020

5. pablofg1978
    Nougat Head Moderator Nov 12, 2020

ShaviSuri likes this.
  6. Dineshrathore
    Gingerbread Nov 13, 2020

7. yAmAnone+
    Cupcake Nov 15, 2020

yAmAnone+ , via OnePlus 8T , Nov 15, 2020 :
    Hi how are you one and all...
    How can I enable or install OnePlus dialer and OnePlus messaging application on my OnePlus 8T,As I'm having a habit of using OnePlus application instead of Google.

8. Tokolozi
    Nougat Nov 15, 2020

Tokolozi , Nov 15, 2020 :
    They aren't made for android 11, so most likely you won't be able to get them work.

What issues are you having with the Google communication suite?

9. pablofg1978
    Nougat Head Moderator Nov 15, 2020

pablofg1978 , Nov 15, 2020 :
    Thread merged

10. Emmanual Joseph
    Cupcake Nov 22, 2020

Emmanual Joseph , via OnePlus 8T , Nov 22, 2020 :
    Hi I purchased OnePlus 8t 12 GB variant 2weeks back and am very much disappointed using this phone. The android version is also not satisfactory. I was using huwai honor 8pro so I switched to one plus thinking it's a better phone. But now I think my honor is much better than one plus. Call recording feature is gone from my one plus, when I called one plus customer care they said it's a issue or bug with new update of 11.0.4 and they said to wait till next update. Colour balance is not good in one plus camera. Colour balance is much much better in honor 8pro. And Google assistance is much faster in honor 8pro than one plus 8t. Very much disappointed.

11. Spliffman
    KitKat Nov 22, 2020

Spliffman , Nov 22, 2020 :
    I personally never really liked the Oneplus dialer and contacts apps. I prefer the Google ones and was happy to read that the 8T would come with the Google ones. It's one of the reasons why I bought the 8T, along with the flat-screen which I prefer to a curved screen.
    Yes, I research and read about a phone BEFORE I BUY IT. I think the people here who bought the 8T and then are surprised when it had Google dialer and contacts obviously didn't research before they bought it, which is STUPID in my opinion.
    If you bought the 8T it's not Oneplus' fault that it doesn't have the oneplus dialer/contacts app. They let it be known way in advance.

It's your own stupidity for not reading about a phone before buying it.

RainGater likes this.
  12. Spliffman
    KitKat Nov 22, 2020

If you think the best features of oneplus phones are the dialer and messages app then something must be really wrong with you LMAO

RainGater likes this.
  13. Spliffman
    KitKat Nov 22, 2020

HaHahah that's so funny, I used to root so I could get Google dialer.
    This time with OP8T I didn't need to.

14. luckysg1
    Donut Nov 22, 2020

luckysg1 , via OnePlus 8T , Nov 22, 2020 :
    May be you like it but we didn't like it

15. Spliffman
    KitKat Nov 22, 2020

It's not just me, we like Google dialer, a lot of us:p

16. Spliffman
    KitKat Nov 22, 2020

So why did you buy the phone? Hahaha

17. luckysg1
    Donut Nov 22, 2020

18. luckysg1
    Donut Nov 22, 2020

luckysg1 , via OnePlus 8T , Nov 22, 2020 :
    Actually in Nord they told perviously that gdialer will be there but in 8T it wasn't when i opened phone than i realise its having gdialer

19. Spliffman
    KitKat Nov 22, 2020

Just to clarify, when I bought Oneplus phones before that came with oneplus dialer and messages, I knew that. So all I did was root and install Google dialer and dialer framework, and I could use Google dialer.
    I never came on this forum crying and complaining like a baby because the phone didn't come with the Google dialer and messages, like guys are doing here. I think it's dumb and pathetic.

20. RainGater
    Gingerbread Nov 22, 2020

RainGater , via OnePlus 8T , Nov 22, 2020 :
    Google phone app is one of the best, if NOT the very best. It has spam block, filter calls, voicemail integration, etc. features that are very, very valuable.

There are multiple threads on XDA where people are struggling to mod the Google Phone app to be used on several devices and was pleasantly shocked and surprised to see it in 8T. I rooted my OP 7 just for getting the Google dialer framework Magisk module to accomplish that and now I don't even have to root it!

Google Messages app is simply the best. You can use Chat features, Messaging Bubbles, as well as read/respond to messages in your PC: https://messages.google.com/. Absolutely the best!

Please do NOT ever bring back OnePlus messaging and phone app.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you (yes, 3 times) OnePlus for bringing the Google Phone and Messages app to our devices... In a word, Awesome!

Spliffman likes this.