[UNIFIED]Dialer and messaging app discussion thread

1. Spliffman
    KitKat Nov 22, 2020

Spliffman , Nov 22, 2020 :
    Wrong, I bought OP8T the first day, Pre order and I knew it was coming with Google apps before that

2. Spliffman
    KitKat Nov 22, 2020

I agree with you 100 % :)

3. luckysg1
    Donut Nov 22, 2020

luckysg1 , via OnePlus 8T , Nov 22, 2020 :
    Bro every one is not smart as you are i didn't have much free time you so i thought OnePlus released oneplus dialer 5.0 for Oxygen 11 so 8t will come with it

Spliffman likes this.
  4. RainGater
    Gingerbread Nov 22, 2020

RainGater , via OnePlus 8T , Nov 22, 2020 :
    I beg to differ as Google dialer and Messages are the best there is!

Do you even know what all you can do with Google dialer and Messages apps? Please research as they have more features than any other related app out there. Just for spam + filter calls, you have to pay ton of money every month for getting that feature and Google is providing it for FREE. As in, FREE.

With Google Messages app, you can use the Chat features, Messaging Bubbles, as well as check SMS/MMS on your PC using Chrome: https://messages.google.com/. Tell me what other apps let you read and respond to SMS/MMS on your PC?

Spliffman likes this.
  5. Spliffman
    KitKat Nov 22, 2020

And how would you know that? Impossible for you to know

6. Spliffman
    KitKat Nov 22, 2020

Ok, understood, but it was well known it would come with Google apps, they made that clear. Too bad you didn't take the little bit of time required to find out.

7. RainGater
    Gingerbread Nov 22, 2020

I know lots of users love the OP dialer app for the call recording feature.

The clueless users don't even understand that you CANNOT just record a conversation without other person's consent. I will feel violated if someone was recording my conversation without my knowledge and am shocked to see that it was an option in OnePlus before.

It's a privacy issue, folks, and should NEVER be allowed unless both parties agree. Just boggles my mind that they miss this feature. SMH!

RENZALEZ and dpenov like this.
  8. luckysg1
    Donut Nov 22, 2020

Yeqh bro as i told your before i don't have much free t9 time to explore

9. luckysg1
    Donut Nov 22, 2020

I don't even need call recording if oneplus decide to provide dialer without recording i am much happier to take it

10. RainGater
    Gingerbread Nov 22, 2020

But, I hate OP dialer... You can root it and get it if you so much want it just like how I rooted my 7 to get google dialer.

Spliffman likes this.
  11. luckysg1
    Donut Nov 22, 2020

Bro every one have their own perspective but i like OnePlus dialer than google dialer bcz it allows me to have customize experience and better shortcuts

12. Spliffman
    KitKat Nov 22, 2020

+1 Exactly, well said

13. RainGater
    Gingerbread Nov 22, 2020

Exactly!

You can root it and get it if you so much want it just like how I rooted my 7 to get google dialer.

14. Spliffman
    KitKat Nov 22, 2020

This is like the people who buy a phone without a headphone jack then complain it doesn't have a headphone jack:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Jus Wil and RENZALEZ like this.
  15. luckysg1
    Donut Nov 22, 2020

Bro taking gdialer phone doesn't mean you are Einstein you like gapp its good i like oneplus we both are good so please don't try to insult others

16. Spliffman
    KitKat Nov 22, 2020

...... :neutral:

17. Spliffman
    KitKat Nov 22, 2020

All good

18. luckysg1
    Donut Nov 22, 2020

Yeap all good how ever if google dialer adds some features that are in oneplus dialer i will be happy to adopt it

19. dpenov
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 22, 2020

dpenov , Nov 22, 2020 :
    Let's be honest. Most of the people who want the OP phone app because of the call recording which I am personally against. Now, there are some features which the Google phone app could adopt thare are a thing in the OP one. For exple searching through the call logs and Contacts by number, not just by name. I don't use BT headphones but I think it is also useful to have the phone saying who is calling through the headphines without checking the phone. This of course can be submitted to Google and not complain here about it.

RENZALEZ and bloodlinew like this.
  20. bloodlinew
    Froyo Nov 22, 2020

bloodlinew , via OnePlus Nord , Nov 22, 2020 :
    Can i install it in nord