[UNIFIED]face unlock request for Op3/t

?

Are you want face unlock system like OP5T?

1. Yes

75.0%
  2. No.

25.0%
  1. Arjun P
    Donut Dec 1, 2017

Arjun P , Dec 1, 2017 :
    You can go for the smart lock feature. If u like to unlock with face ...
    But the face unlock is definitely not for OnePlus 3T , because we don't have the hardware for making it a reliable biometric security feature.. You can mimic the face unlock with software but it won't be a perfect biometric method.
    If i am correct ,Apple have a dedicated chip for making the face unlock feature smooth , still it have some flaws.
    Be satisfied with FINGER PRINT ( relatively one of the best biometric security)

2. Shivalik Naik
    Gingerbread Dec 1, 2017

Shivalik Naik , Dec 1, 2017 :
    then why does 5t has it we don't

3. Arjun P
    Donut Dec 1, 2017

Arjun P , Dec 1, 2017 :
    OnePlus 5T Face Unlock utilises complex algorithms to detect depth information and various other parameters to differentiate between various human faces. It doesn't have the hardware capabilities like in apple.
    Even without hardware its doing a great job.

So can we have it ? Yes using software capabilities.
    BUT :
    Both Apple and OnePlus agree that facial recognition is still at a very nascent stage and will take time to be satisfactorily safe.
    Since this new technology at very nascent stage how can we expect a one year old phone like 3T to have it.!!! They never promised face unlock , they provided it in 5T because apple is doing it ,and to get market for 5T they included it...

Simply saying its a new technology and a lot of beta work will be required if they provide it. OnePlus can't always pamper 3T users with new things , instead they have to make the already promised things perfect , and they have to move on.

If they provide it take it ... Otherwise be happy with finger print

4. goyalmayankk
    Eclair Dec 1, 2017

goyalmayankk , Dec 1, 2017 :
    One plus support already given there official statement that face I'd feature will not be given

5. Shivalik Naik
    Gingerbread Dec 1, 2017

Shivalik Naik , Dec 1, 2017 :
    then why 5 is getting it?

6. idkwhoiam322
    Nougat Dec 1, 2017

idkwhoiam322 , Dec 1, 2017 :
    It's most likely not, but if it does, it's because it has the same front camera.

7. F_Jay_Shah_RaTD
    Donut Dec 1, 2017

8. noquarter
    Lollipop Dec 1, 2017

noquarter , Dec 1, 2017 :
    Threads merged

9. F_Rohit_Bapat_kBaL
    Froyo Dec 2, 2017

F_Rohit_Bapat_kBaL , Dec 2, 2017 :
    Fingerprint unlocking is so much faster and safer than smart lock face unlock as we have to press unlock button and then swipe. It only for show off

10. Neel_7158
    Donut Dec 2, 2017

Neel_7158 , Dec 2, 2017 :
    Yes. But it is not that safe, It's just a gimmick. If you are into that.

11. Sunisc
    Cupcake Dec 2, 2017

Sunisc , Dec 2, 2017 :
    Copied from a thread I made.

Before people comment about the smart unlock feature, let me just say that smart unlock isn't as good as the feature from OP5T. And I know about smart unlock and I have it. But it won't instantly unlock my phone and I still have to swipe up. So I just use the fastest finger print sensor on my OP3 instead (which doesn't get enough credit in the smart phone industry).

Here are my reasons:

1. It's nice to have. Looking at a phone and having it unlock instantly instead of using the fingerprint sensor saves us .2 seconds moving our fingers. I know it's a bit of an exaggeration but hear me out.

2. It's not a significant software update. I'm extremely thankful for the OnePlus team who push out update after update and patch after patch. I know things aren't perfect but for a small company like them, doing things like this is very much appreciated. And in terms of comparing to Android Oreo, I don't think it will take as much time as optimizing Oreo for OP3/3T.

3. Who doesn't love new features? Let's face it here. OP3 came out last year. Just last year. And I know these phones are the best in the market (price, quality, customization). I got this phone for $350 and when I buy a phone I don't buy phones for a good 2-3 years, especially if I have something like the OP3. And I know that $499 is cheap for OP5 but every year the prices increase, and that's understandable with new technology, but I don't and can't focus a large part of my budget on phones every year (like many people). So adding this will just make everyone feel better.

4. For those saying it's a marketing plan and if they add it to OP3 people won't buy OP5T. Think about that for a second right there. If people are gonna get a new phone and they want a OnePlus, they can't get the OP3 no more. No more manufacturing and limited supplies. And even then the OP5T isn't distinguished just by the face scanner. Who bought the Samsung for the iris scanner? I think rather, the display, the performance, the price, the camera, the build quality make a significant impact. And even if it's a marketing strategy, I'll wait. I'll wait for this update.

5. Never Settle? Everyone settles in life. But OnePlus just settles later. So why not call the OP3 case closed a little later? You guys have good frequent updates, patches and for such a small company to even push out Oreo to OP3, it's amazing. So just Settle Later? And it helps yall in the community. Focus on specific requests of ours.

Call me selfish (we all are), but I think many people would like this little update. OP3 just came out last year so it ain't dead yet. None of these phones are trash. Heck, I bought an OPX and that stuff is still smooth as butter.

Thank you for reading my thoughts, let me know how you feel.

12. chirag.12
    Cupcake Dec 2, 2017

chirag.12 , Dec 2, 2017 :
    A recent update to oreo brings a lots of new features and enhancement to devices.
    As like OP5 face unlock feature also available for devices with oreo update i.e OnePlus 3/3T. It's very unique and good feature to unlock the phone.
    For enabling the feature follow below steps :
    Go to settings - > Security and Fingerprint - > Smart Lock - >
    Enter the phone's pin or password - > Trusted Face - > add new - > follow the one screen steps to set a new face password.

You can improve or remove the face match to set it accordingly.

Face unlock feature is very good but u have to press the lock button once to make it work and then slide up screen to unlock the phone. Directly it won't unlock the phone to the home screen.

13. noquarter
    Lollipop Dec 2, 2017

noquarter , Dec 2, 2017 :
    Merged with existing thread on same topic

14. chirag.12
    Cupcake Dec 2, 2017

I din see that.

15. chirag.12
    Cupcake Dec 2, 2017

I din see that.

16. Suhassri
    Eclair Dec 2, 2017

Suhassri , Dec 2, 2017 :
    if u guys update for OnePlus 5 . then do the same for OnePlus 3t . don't make us hate OnePlus

17. Arhav_Love
    Gingerbread Dec 2, 2017

Arhav_Love , Dec 2, 2017 :
    chip company one plus one plus 3/3t/5 have same features but one plus 5t got a new feature face recognize unlocked one plus chip company one + says never settle but not true is that one + haven't mind

18. hahaha2223
    Jelly Bean Dec 2, 2017

hahaha2223 , Dec 2, 2017 :
    Oneplus is not a chip company

Bobbie63 and RamboH like this.
  19. hahaha2223
    Jelly Bean Dec 2, 2017

20. Petjitsu
    KitKat Dec 2, 2017