[Unified] NORD 5G bands for India discussion thread

1. Fast_and_Curious , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Feb 17, 2021 :
    This is quite assumed while buying any device with an upcoming tech. And not only with oneplus, but any other brand. They did not force you to buy this phone. It was you who was supposed to research properly and then buy knowing that the auction for 5G wasnt even started while the phone was launched. Also Oneplus can and might unlock new bands via software updates like they did on Oneplus 3 for 4G.

Auristic, Tokolozi and B_Wrath like this.
  2. G_Naveen_Karn_ , via OnePlus Nord Gray Onyx , Feb 17, 2021 :
    That's Why I always used word "If", because I do know that there are so many things and these are not so simple. So many guys are saying it can be enabled via OTA, so many saying it's hardware things so not at all possible. I asked this because I want an answer from OnePlus. They at least clarify the situation that whether they are capable or not of doing things via OTA or it is not possible without some specific hardware.

And as far as the User's research and analysis is concerned before buying an mobile then it's not for users. What will you say if users find after research that QC chipset doesn't heat, but after buying Smartphone heats a lot having a QC chipset.
    Now what. Would they have to do all the test too like heating test, battery drain test, throttling test???

Users are not professional regarding these things. It's company who should clarify each and everything.
    For example even though OnePlus 8 Pro is IP68 Rated, but OnePlus has clearly clarified that Liquid Damage is not covered under warranty. So Users know that even though water damage sustainability his mobile possesses, liquid damage wouldn't be covered by company if it happens. So it will be Users' decision to buy that or not. How they became so sure about that. They knew that after some point of time it can have liquid damage irrespective of IP68 Rating. If a company can think like this deep, they why can't they think about 5G too, that whether there is a 100% guarantee that the band we are providing would be chosen by the government.
    They should have also made an explanation that even though it have this band, there is no guarantee that it will support 5G because of only one band. They didn't clarified because they clearly knew that if they would say this then the sales they are thinking won't happen.
    It's Company Responsibility and accountability towards Buyers that They should provide specific Explanation about every assumption they made while making a device, not user's responsibility that they will research and obtain info about each and every part.
    They said it's 5G ready, whenever 5G is ready for 5G on the OnePlus Nord Page. That height of confidence. So now India is ready for 5G, What about Nord.

AnuragAnand15 and P1597073810823 like this.
  3. camohan
    Nougat Moderator Feb 17, 2021

camohan , Feb 17, 2021 :
    Hi there, thread merged.

4. Fast_and_Curious , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Feb 17, 2021 :
    Battery Bugs- required battery and usage stats - available

Heating - temperature monitor and logs - available

IP68 Rating - Water and dust for testing - available

5G in India - requires 5G band - available in India?
    Still under auction and no guarantee from government which band will be released and available to users.

So how can any company be ready for this uncertainty? They provided a global band which may or may not be adopted. If not, they have stated that they will provide OTA update.

So now you can wait or move on to another brand praying that the band you require is auctioned and adopted.

Auristic and Tokolozi like this.
  5. _sreehari_
    Gingerbread Feb 17, 2021

_sreehari_ , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Feb 17, 2021 :
    let's wait until we get to know that we got settled 🤥

6. G_Naveen_Karn_ , via OnePlus Nord Gray Onyx , Feb 18, 2021 :
    Your all logic and explanations are totally wrong. You still can't answer that why even though giving IP68 Rating liquid damage is not under warranty. Just Because company saw it thoroughly that there may be chances that irrespective of IP68 rating Smartphone still can be damaged by liquid.
    So if a company see it, then the company should also have seen that what bands are they giving will be 100% not available for 5G auction.
    But I won't argue you more coz from where I have seen on information I found that some guys were saying it's a software thing and I still wanna believe them so it would give me and all Nordians hope that Buying Nord for 5G Primarily was the Best Choice.

7. G_Naveen_Karn_ , via OnePlus Nord Gray Onyx , Feb 18, 2021 :
    It's all about Final Rollout of 5G, then picture will get clear. What Companies would do who only gave 1 band in their device, and What would be Users Reaction.
    But at least OnePlus should give an clarification on this or after OnePlus 9 and watch launch since I think they are too much busy for this

_sreehari_ likes this.
  8. Fast_and_Curious , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Feb 18, 2021 :
    Its common logic. Its what will come in future vs what is available. This is a common problem when we buy technology ahead of time when the infrastructure is yet to be available. But as you said, I wont argue with you anymore as we both have different perspectives and I respect yours. I just dont feel cheated as you do because I can see that the 5G support is out of everybody's hands and Oneplus might even unlock more bands later.

Auristic likes this.
  9. diablo0090
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 18, 2021

10. rohitmarines
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 21, 2021 at 10:29 AM

Pradeepkmr98 likes this.
  11. asifb37
    Eclair Feb 21, 2021 at 11:22 AM

12. goldenheart
    Donut Feb 21, 2021 at 1:08 PM

13. Pradeepkmr98
    Cupcake Feb 21, 2021 at 1:51 PM

14. Vicky_raj2000
    Cupcake Feb 21, 2021 at 3:40 PM

Vicky_raj2000 , via OnePlus Nord , Feb 21, 2021 at 3:40 PM :
    I think u need a lot of research and knowledge to blame a such big company
    Plz use ur brain 😀

And guys don't believe on this
    Guys have op nord ,8,8pro and 8t will enjoy 5g in india with no doubt🙃🙃

15. Harshu@24
    Cupcake Feb 22, 2021 at 5:36 AM

Harshu@24 , via OnePlus Nord , Feb 22, 2021 at 5:36 AM :
    Sir, I have heard that you can increase the band by update.
    So may be OnePlus sent a update to increases the band ,just hope now can do🥺🥺

16. D.Muthuramalinga
    Eclair Feb 22, 2021 at 5:50 AM

17. diablo0090
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 22, 2021 at 6:22 AM

18. Fast_and_Curious
    Jelly Bean Feb 22, 2021 at 6:29 AM

Fast_and_Curious , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Feb 22, 2021 at 6:29 AM :
    Do ypu guys even know which bands would be confirmed to be available for the users? Its not even auctioned yet. Why are you rushing and panicking?

Auristic and roy.sayanton like this.
  19. roy.sayanton
    Gingerbread Feb 22, 2021 at 2:52 PM

roy.sayanton , via OnePlus Nord , Feb 22, 2021 at 2:52 PM :
    Don't panic
    Just wait for 5G rollout in india
    OnePlus nord is a 5G phone and it should work with 5G

20. diablo0090
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 22, 2021 at 5:47 PM

diablo0090 , via OnePlus Nord , Feb 22, 2021 at 5:47 PM :
    Well we can wait all eternity but OnePlus needs to give an official statement