[Unified] NORD 5G bands for India discussion thread

1. Auristic
    Lollipop Feb 14, 2021

Auristic , Feb 14, 2021 :
    Si j'étais toi j'achèterais un Bescherelle avec l'argent que tu gagneras en revendant ton mobile !

This is an English thread, please respect people by posting in English!

Bye then!

Caomhin and kavi001 like this.

2. kavi001 likes this.
  3. CyberGhost03
    Froyo Feb 14, 2021

kavi001 likes this.
  4. Shailender Sharma
    Marshmallow Feb 15, 2021

kavi001 likes this.
  5. pablofg1978
    Nougat Head Moderator Feb 15, 2021

pablofg1978 , Feb 15, 2021 :
    Thread merged

6. BiswajitB
    Gingerbread Feb 15, 2021

BiswajitB , via OnePlus Nord , Feb 15, 2021 :
    Just to make us a laughing stock. They know that they can easily get away with their antice in India but not in Europe and America. So they're are very careful about their global models.

7. Aniteshpatra
    Eclair Feb 15, 2021

8. G_Naveen_Karn_ , via OnePlus Nord Gray Onyx , Feb 17, 2021 :
    There has been a lot of curiosity now a days for buying mobile. Specially after 5G technology. Now everyone wanna buy Smartphone which does support 5G, even though 5G is not available in country, users waana make sure to be future ready for that when it becomes available later.
    Now is the actual question arises. Will they be ready???
    Because Companies are launching 5G phone no doubt, but with limited bands. Like OnePlus Nord.
    OnePlus launched its Nord device in Mid range after hyping a lot, no doubt at all it's killer phone in Mid Range with all specs on paper and in reality too with 5G. But will it actually support 5G???
    Nord does support N78 Band for India and it requires 3500Mhz which Indian Government denied about its availability. So what will happen to all those users Who specially purchased it for being future ready like me guys.

Because if we compare OnePlus Nord to some other 4G devices in this range then there are some excellent choices are available too likeness of Realme X3 superzoom. Iqoo 3. iPhone SE 2020. Because all these comes with better processor, better charging technology except SE 2020 which does come with 5W charging, but it does support Wireless Charging and it does have IP68 Rating.
    What Gives Nord an Edge over these devices are the 5G technology and Its OS except SE 2020 which does have iOS and is also good.
    But now the fact is coming that Government may not actually allow 3500MHz bands, then what's the benefit for purchasing It. If users who would have known that it's may not actually support 5G in India due to its limited band capacity then definitely they would have gone for some other devices.
    For Example I waited all time long to purchase New Smartphone because I knew that 5G is not far, and if I would buy any 4G Smartphone then it would not support 5G even though 5G will be available in India. So I went for Nord primarily it is 5G enabled. Oxygen OS, Amoled Display, 90Hz were secondary choices for me. Main reason was 5G and the 30K pricing. But if it does not support then I and like me so many Nordians will be disappointed due to this limitation. I was hearing this news for many days, even on OnePlus Nord insta account, on the winner announcement of Which Way Nord post so many have commented about that it is not gonna support 5G, but I didn't belive it because so many guys could have been about this not sure.
    But Now a Genuine Twitter Source has Said about it and I am posting its screenshot so many can know.
    I think OnePlus, OnePlus India and OnePlus Support has a lot of work to do regarding this if Nord is actually not gonna Support 5G in India.
    It would be like Cheating the Users which is not OnePlus Quality. They Say us to Never Settle, I think They won't get to Settle if Nord is not gonna support 5G, because Nordians will never let them. We bought it with some belief, OnePlus will have to maintain that.

Mayank_Tiwari_ likes this.
  9. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Feb 17, 2021

10. Liehjan
    Marshmallow Feb 17, 2021

Liehjan , Feb 17, 2021 :
    The Indian government, if they decide that carriers are not allowed to use the most common 5G band :rolleyes:

Tokolozi and Auristic like this.

11. Tokolozi

Tokolozi , Feb 17, 2021 :
    Blame your Government for not allowing the most common 5G band to be used by operators.

Auristic likes this.
  12. Fast_and_Curious , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Feb 17, 2021 :
    Did oneplus deduct the amount directly from your bank account and compelled you to purchase the nord? When it was launched, 5G was not even in discussion. So we had a choice and made a decision.

Auristic likes this.
  13. G_Naveen_Karn_ , via OnePlus Nord Gray Onyx , Feb 17, 2021 :
    Well then for any mobile why mobile users blame the company for any fault if they come to know that there is a limitation on the mobiles. If you guys would be the owner of any company then I am sure how the company is gonna perform, because according to you guys the responsibility of the users will be purchasing the devices not of the manufacturer or the company for not providing the appropriate support and eliminating the limitations.

14. G_Naveen_Karn_ , via OnePlus Nord Gray Onyx , Feb 17, 2021 :
    Then How the Hell Motorola provided so many 5G bands in MotoG 5G, I am sure government told them to do so and I should also blame the government for this.
    You guys are really impossible.
    You don't see the limitations and mistakes of a company.
    How OnePlus was so sure that only one 5G band would be sufficient in India. Since it's pioneer company in so many things definitely it should have done some research or should have been taken some back up for this

15. Tokolozi

No, the bands were auctioned after the oneplus release and band 78 was a global contender to be used everywhere
    They opted to literally provide the forcasted "global" 5G band, many early adoption devices, even in the 4G era usually opt to just use a single or dual band in the first devices.

Auristic likes this.
  16. G_Naveen_Karn_ , via OnePlus Nord Gray Onyx , Feb 17, 2021 :
    Then it's all about probability that Being So called Global Contender.
    They should have published it too on the Product page that in Bold words
    "Please Read Carefully and Buy These Devices (Nord and 8 Series) on your own risk if you are only gonna buying or primary reason is 5G. Because Our Probability is that N78 should be available and sufficient for each country. And if Government doesn't provide support for this band then this is Your Fault to buy. So Either Buy after launch of 5G availability or Buy at Totally on Your Own Risk. We have provided Only 1 Band and We Call this Being Future Ready. Never Settle"

Ya I would suggest them to include this on their one of the first 6G Smartphone In India so if anyone is gonna buy any 6G device for only 6G

_sreehari_ likes this.
  17. Tobikage
    Nougat Feb 17, 2021

drl431, Auristic, B_Wrath and 2 others like this.
  18. Tokolozi

I mean... I have tried to explain this many times already.
    Being an early adopter of a technology is almost never a smart decision.

drl431, Auristic, B_Wrath and 2 others like this.