[UNIFIED] OnePlus 7 Pro 5G Owners Complaint Thread

1. IRhyiku
    Gingerbread Oct 27, 2019

IRhyiku , Oct 27, 2019 :
    We have no reason to believe anything that OnePlus has said, we truly were a beta device that we had to pay an absurd amount for. What a ******* disappointment this experience has been

2. Nighthawk37
    Cupcake Oct 27, 2019

Nighthawk37 , Oct 27, 2019 :
    @David Y.
    Looks like I will be switching back to the Essential Phone. Love the OnePlus hardware, but I need my updates... Essential gets updates on Sprint within a week from unlocked device...

U1567285275692 and elsworth1983 like this.

3. IRhyiku
    Gingerbread Oct 27, 2019

IRhyiku , Oct 27, 2019 :
    I hope people who buy the 7T Pro 5G know they won't get support and they will blame the carriers.

you pay more to get less.

I'll definitely be using my Early Upgrade next year to get rid of this device and be rid of Oneplus to go for a truly next generation device that gets support, which is even Samsung at this point.

vexbit and hywelkidd like this.
  4. David Y.
    OS Product Marketing Staff Member Oct 27, 2019

Stickied Post
    David Y. , Oct 27, 2019 :
    Hi all, we plan to release the Android 10 update for the OnePlus 7 Pro 5G EE in Q1, 2020.

5. Jaccait
    Cupcake Oct 27, 2019

Jaccait , Oct 27, 2019 :
    -- I haven't seen any mention anywhere of the devices sold through Elisa, in Finland (around the same time as EE). Would this also apply for users of this device (as I understand, it is the same international/EU 5G model, but the mention of EE here specifically means clarification would be useful)! Thanks.

6. Jokerplus , via OnePlus Community App , Oct 27, 2019 :
    Device will be sold or sent back to EE by then mate.

Cheers for no updates, hope OnePlus learned something here, if not then just pure incompetence.

regards

ex OP user.

7. elsworth1983
    Gingerbread Oct 27, 2019

8. elsworth1983
    Gingerbread Oct 27, 2019

elsworth1983 , via OnePlus Community App , Oct 27, 2019 :
    Don't Worry I shall Tell the community on the Social media sites the latest news especially when there going to be buying a new device with 5g thinking there going to be running the latest OS

#ONEPLUSFAIL Will be the Hashtag

9. elsworth1983
    Gingerbread Oct 27, 2019

elsworth1983 , via OnePlus Community App , Oct 27, 2019 :
    I wouldn't expect a answer pal they don't care probably the advice off us UK users is sell the device and never get Oneplus device again
    #OnePlusFail

10. StopItRawr
    Honeycomb Oct 27, 2019

StopItRawr , Oct 27, 2019 :
    And what will this build be based on? The initial build that is full of bugs or a later build?

Being 3-6 months behind the rest of the 7 family of devices is pretty unacceptable.

11. Gramil1576 , via OnePlus Community App , Oct 27, 2019 :
    @David Y. What an absolute disgrace! I got this phone thinking it would be leading the way with tech in terms of beta releases and stable software, not to be possibly the last to receive a major update!

It's simply not acceptable and I really hope the media get a hold of this and raise the profile of this issue. How can you as a company ridicule others on Twitter and then simply declare this through this forum!!

Wouldn't bother with the update to be honest as I don't think there'll be many devices to update!!

Might be worth letting EE know so they can structure customer expectations!

#oneplusfail you've lost me as a customer and I'd imagine a lot more may reconsider their options.

12. Lordjoeho
    Cupcake Oct 27, 2019

13. IRhyiku
    Gingerbread Oct 27, 2019

IRhyiku , Oct 27, 2019 :
    Are you f*cking kidding me?

We get it after the 6/6T and a couple months before 5/5T?

What a joke this device has been, i'll be giving it back to EE to go elsewhere.

But hey - thanks for proving the updates do come from you so you can tell your customer support to stop acting like children and blaming the carrier.

14. IRhyiku
    Gingerbread Oct 27, 2019

IRhyiku , Oct 27, 2019 :
    Oh and lack of updated sources so we have no developer community meaning that the Oneplus 3 has A10 before us.

elsworth1983 likes this.
  15. The HoneyMonsta
    Gingerbread Oct 27, 2019

The HoneyMonsta , Oct 27, 2019 :
    Q1 of 2020....tell me you're fcuking joking. By what you've just said @David Y. it seems OnePlus are responsible for pushing the updates - not EE. Well, you're far too late. I've just read all the comments after yours and at least 4 people are selling their phones and going to a rival manufacturer - 5 people (including myself).

I'm not happy with the shambles of what OnePlus call "customer service". I'm disgusted at the lack of clarity and transparency from OnePlus. I WILL NOT be buying another OnePlus device due to this experience. I hope this experience gets to the people who purchase that OnePlus 7T Pro 5G in the USA - because fcuk knows how you're going to support 2 devices when you can't even support the 1 5G device.

Thanks for nothing,
    Former OnePlus 7 Pro 5G owner.

16. IRhyiku
    Gingerbread Oct 27, 2019

IRhyiku , Oct 27, 2019 :
    Give me a way to hack it to ignore the 5G radio so I can use 4G ROMs and Open Betas on this and I'll be content.

17. Sean The Gun
    Froyo Oct 27, 2019

Sean The Gun , Oct 27, 2019 :
    Hahahahahaha your having a fcuking bubble mate?
    Hahahahaha.... So, so, so happy I returned my OP7 Pro 5G

Regards
    Another Ex OP user, last device purchased from you crooks.

vexbit, tomerlandsen and elsworth1983 like this.
  18. The HoneyMonsta
    Gingerbread Oct 27, 2019

tomerlandsen and elsworth1983 like this.
  19. IRhyiku
    Gingerbread Oct 27, 2019

IRhyiku , Oct 27, 2019 :
    @David Y. let us have a free upgrade to Oneplus 7 Pro

I'm not even asking for the T model, I want updates, a developer community and support - staying with this device gives me sweet f-all