[UNIFIED] OnePlus 7 Pro 5G Owners Complaint Thread

1. The HoneyMonsta
    Gingerbread Oct 27, 2019

The HoneyMonsta , Oct 27, 2019 :
    I agree. For the mess and anger that OnePlus has caused, this is the least they could do to attempt to reinstate some form of confidence...

2. vexbit, Jokerplus and elsworth1983 like this.
  3. elsworth1983
    Gingerbread Oct 27, 2019

vexbit likes this.
  4. forid-786
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 27, 2019

forid-786 , Oct 27, 2019 :

David Y.

Hi all, we plan to release the Android 10 update for the OnePlus 7 Pro 5G EE in Q1, 2020.​

David, this is SERIOUSLY UNACCEPTABLE!

We've spent our hard earned cash on this device, because we wanted a device that was at the bleeding edge, we excepted fast software updates and great developer support. These are essentially the fundamental reason why OnePlus has succeeded the way it did. #OnePlusFail is now leading to competitors who are known for updating devices late such as Samsung, beating out OnePlus.

At least we have a time period now, but in my opinion it's way too late. From release date, the 2 year update window ticks in my head. This device just looks like it will be left in the dark for everything.

I have made an absolute horrific mistake getting this device, and many others have too. I have not seen a single attempt from OnePlus yet to rectify any of these problems. Can the source code at least be released so we can at least get updates from 3rd Party developers?

I am honestly now pissed off. And as things don't appear to be changing, this will be my last OnePlus device. Sad, since I've had OnePlus devices since the OnePlus One. You guys have really changed your philosophy. You no longer care about your customers, and it's just about spewing some phones out every couple months and getting press attention. I suppose there will be no move made from you at all regarding this situation until a decently large media outlet blows the whistle on what you are doing to us 5G users.

I am honestly sick of this sh**. Fix your mess!
    #OnePlusFail
    #Settled
    #OnePlusGreed

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019

5. Jokerplus , via OnePlus Community App , Oct 27, 2019 :
    I'd accept a "downgrade/upgrade" to the 7 Pro as well and send back the 5G version.

But it would have to be fully covered by OnePlus to do this.

Anyone tried reaching out to any of the tech community on YouTube? Unbox therapy, MrWhosTheBoss, David Lee, Flossy Carter even android authority?

reckon of we could get one of them to do a vid maybe they'll be some notice...

cause as someone stated there is no hope on hell there will support for 2 5G devices when they cant even support 1. in my personal opinion, the 7 Pro 5g and 7T pro 5G when released are missold products using the companies image of fast updates it's expected on these devices but they don't support it... then there's the whole fact there saying the 7 series is on Android 10 except there most premium devices? how does that work....

6. I1571432167542 , via OnePlus Community App , Oct 27, 2019 :
    @David Y.

Firstly, thank you for the first communication we've had about this issue. While a Q1 2020 release isn't ideal, it's something.

That said, the lack of communication this far, combined with the relatively lengthy wait before a software release on what was meant to be a cutting edge phone has left many of us soured. I think it's fair to say we deserve more clarity into why we're waiting longer than owners of most other generations of OnePlus.

Ideally, you'll make available whatever resources are necessary to allow developers to release custom ROMs for the 5G variant so that we can use android 10 in the meantime. Is this ever going to happen, and if so, when?

vexbit, jhnwlkr and T1571786174134 like this.
  7. elsworth1983
    Gingerbread Oct 27, 2019

elsworth1983 , via OnePlus Community App , Oct 27, 2019 :
    look on my twitter feed I've tagged everything android like android central,xda if everyone else tweeted them or contacted them they will at least think it's not just one person am not saying it's just me but the more people contact them they might listen more [e]1f601[/e]

#OnePlusFail

@elsworth1983 my twitter

8. The HoneyMonsta
    Gingerbread Oct 27, 2019

I tweeted all the major tech reviewers asking for their opinions....guaranteed they'll all stick up for OnePlus though because they're paid to do so...

9. T1571408016473 , via OnePlus Community App , Oct 27, 2019 :
    yep. me too. back to my xs max

10. The HoneyMonsta
    Gingerbread Oct 27, 2019

How the fcuk can you release an update that hasnt been tested by the consumer? I nor anyone else have not had a whiff of a beta. That's the most daft thing i've ever heard of @David Y.

11. hywelkidd , via OnePlus Community App , Oct 28, 2019 :
    What an absolute joke. Nice to see our "premium next generation devices" are only just ahead of a 2 year old phone. Can't wait to get my Pixel 4 XL and never have to deal with this joke of a company again.

12. The HoneyMonsta
    Gingerbread Oct 28, 2019

13. StopItRawr
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 28, 2019

StopItRawr , Oct 28, 2019 :
    I think @David Y. honestly thought telling us a date like that would shut everyone up until 2020.

Instead it just shows that they literally aren't living up to their tagline at all.

Getting Android 10 6 months late isn't "Never Settle" is it? That's "Sit down and shut up, we have your money and we don't care about you".

Yes, there aren't as many people who have this device, but this is a leading edge device and you're giving it third rate support. It's only going to put people off from committing to any device again from you guys if there's a hint that you wont bother supporting it properly.

Again, even Samsung weren't this bad with carrier locked devices. *Samsung*. Think about that for a bit please, and do better.

Don't let a great device down with such pathetic support.

14. IRhyiku
    Honeycomb Oct 28, 2019

IRhyiku , Oct 28, 2019 :
    Some of the 5G devices, such as the ones from EE, aren't locked so I don't even know their excuse there.

tomerlandsen likes this.
  15. forid-786
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 28, 2019

forid-786 , Oct 28, 2019 :
    This is the biggest problem. The phone, hardware itself is amazing. It is held back by software support...

16. hywelkidd , via OnePlus Community App , Oct 28, 2019 :

The HoneyMonsta

I tweeted all the major tech reviewers asking for their opinions....guaranteed they'll all stick up for OnePlus though because they're paid to do so...​

I've just had a tweet "liked" by the 5gist. It's not anyone major in the tech community but it's a start.

17. IRhyiku
    Honeycomb Oct 28, 2019

IRhyiku , Oct 28, 2019 :
    Why would you pay them any more for shafting us? That's supporting this disgusting behaviour from them, they are not getting another penny from me and I own the Bullets V2 - so that shows how much support i used to give this company.

hywelkidd and elsworth1983 like this.