[UNIFIED] OnePlus 7 Pro 5G Owners Complaint Thread

1. StopItRawr
    Honeycomb Nov 16, 2019

StopItRawr , Nov 16, 2019 :
    Not officially, no.

2. stangweb , via OnePlus Community App , Nov 16, 2019 :
    I've been very intrigued by OnePlus for a long time .
    I must say they're not making a good first impression!
    It seems like they need to quit cranking out a new phone every few months and start work on refining their own software and updates. IMO!

jhnwlkr, Gramil1576 and hywelkidd like this.
  3. Philosophy757
    Cupcake Nov 17, 2019

Philosophy757 , via OnePlus 7 Pro 5G , Nov 17, 2019 :
    I will never again buy a OnePlus phone that has updates MONTHS behind their other models because "5G" is so hard. ******* Samsung is better at updates and I never thought I would say that.

4. J1560550228087
    Eclair Nov 18, 2019

J1560550228087 , Nov 18, 2019 :
    yet another week and no mention in the weekly update. No bi-weekly software update (hahahahahahaha) and an outdated security patch.
    clearly posting an open letter saying that 5G is hard is the only response we'll ever get!

JaSolo Gaming and stangweb like this.
  5. StopItRawr
    Honeycomb Nov 18, 2019

StopItRawr , Nov 18, 2019 :
    But don't you see, that is unprecedented transparency.

We have been told that 5G is a challenge so difficult no other mobile company have managed to make it work and thus OnePlus are doing us a favour by ignoring it.

Pft.

6. IRhyiku
    Gingerbread Nov 20, 2019

IRhyiku , Nov 20, 2019 :
    Except Samsung and their 5G devices have Android 10 beta already.

We don't get a beta because.. reasons? they havnt offically said have you @David Y. @Manu J.

JaSolo Gaming and stangweb like this.

7. M1561723699809
    Cupcake Nov 23, 2019

M1561723699809 , Nov 23, 2019 :
    This has been such a collection of smoke and mirrors delay (or possible deception?) by @OnePlus. Looking to see if I can exchange my 7pro 5g for something else with EE. If I can't, I'll put up with this but look for a way to recoup some of my monthly costs. Paying a premium for such a poorly supported device with almost no communication from the company while trying to blame EE in the process is inexcusable.

I'll never buy another OnePlus device again and will warn anyone that asks of the way this company has treated all of us that invested a large sum of money on they "flagship" 5g device.

The sooner I can be shot of you, @OnePlus, the better.

8. JaSolo Gaming , via OnePlus Community App , Nov 25, 2019 :
    perfectly stated. I have personally talked so many friends out of buying the op7t here in the states it is ridiculous. I will never again purchase any OnePlus device, but even after my 7Pro 5G is long gone, I will still make it my responsibility to prevent others from making the same mistake I did - buying one in the first place.

hywelkidd likes this.
  9. JaSolo Gaming , via OnePlus Community App , Nov 25, 2019 :
    I know. I actually got rid of a perfectly good S10 Plus to get this piece of crap, the crappy customer service and the lies that go with it. it's embarrassing.

stangweb likes this.
  10. A1571349730524
    Cupcake Nov 25, 2019

A1571349730524 , Nov 25, 2019 :
    Why do you think the phone is a "piece of crap"? Purely based on the lack of Android 10 updates or a different reason?

11. JaSolo Gaming , via OnePlus Community App , Nov 25, 2019 :
    too little time to keep wasting on this POS. I've moved on.

12. A1571349730524
    Cupcake Nov 25, 2019

13. stangweb , via OnePlus Community App , Nov 26, 2019 :
    it's a shame ,the phone has so much potential!!

JaSolo Gaming likes this.
  14. JaSolo Gaming , via OnePlus Community App , Nov 26, 2019 :
    yes. OnePlus blew a huge opportunity that I do not think will come around again. Like many I know, I have lost all interest in the brand. even the TV which I was once eagerly awaiting will never see light of day in my house. only reason I still have it now is that I am waiting to decide on Sammy or iPhone for next year 5G.

stangweb likes this.
  15. Weirdpepperguy
    Gingerbread Nov 28, 2019

Weirdpepperguy , Nov 28, 2019 :
    Now I see from this thread, you gave the excuse for not updating the T-Mobile variant as T-Mobile's excuse, but also said that you weren't in a hurry anyway. I wish that T-Mobile's customers were kept in the loop. We weren't because you knew we'd either jump to a different device or not buy a OnePlus product to begin with. I stand by my statement earlier. OnePlus made the same mistake as HTC, they put out too many models and promised they would be updated, then couldn't fulfill the promises

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019

16. Weirdpepperguy
    Gingerbread Nov 28, 2019

Weirdpepperguy , Nov 28, 2019 :
    If they would have been truthful upfront, I might have jumped to the OnePlus 7T Pro...but they weren't.

stangweb likes this.
  17. IRhyiku
    Gingerbread Nov 28, 2019

IRhyiku , Nov 28, 2019 :
    No updates, zero care and zero support for this device.

We don't have a dev community, we don't have updates from oneplus, we don't have anyone from oneplus giving a single shit about this device.

We are behind the Oneplus 6 in updates, that's how much fucks they give for this device.

It was a waste of money from a support/software standpoint.

jhnwlkr, stangweb and Weirdpepperguy like this.