[UNIFIED] OnePlus 7 Pro 5G Owners Complaint Thread

1. XRaptor29
    Froyo Nov 28, 2019

XRaptor29 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 28, 2019 :
    Don't blame OnePlus entirely, it's also the carriers. They have to approve updates and where 5G is still an alpha system even the carriers won't care about it till it's more developed. It's 4G release all over again but with 5G. I remember my Samsung S3 not getting updates until after 6+ months passed.

It's why I didn't waste my time getting a 5G phone that only .001% of th country has.

second thing to note is Sprint isn't doing anything anymore because they're merging with T-MOBILE. Sprint is dead in the water and their parent company Soft Bank wants nothing to do with them anymore since Sprint has lost so much money.

5G won't be ready for prime time for another couple years.

There are only 3 Manufacturers with phones that have Android 10 updates. Google, Essential and Oneplus. Samsung is still in beta and their 5G phone just got Beta which doesn't even have the same change logs the LTE versions have. Other manufacturers don't have anything on Android 10 release.. Only 3 companies keep up with Android updates within 60 days of release.

RocketPup1 likes this.
  2. IRhyiku
    Gingerbread Nov 28, 2019

IRhyiku , Nov 28, 2019 :
    No I will blame Oneplus fully - Samsung has an open beta for their 5G so they have no excuse.
    We aren't carrier locked and it isn't carriers telling Oneplus to not have any communication with us.

don't come in here with a different device and tell us a bunch of rubbish, that helps no one.

stangweb and J1560550228087 like this.

3. The HoneyMonsta
    Gingerbread Nov 29, 2019

The HoneyMonsta , Nov 29, 2019 :
    WRONG! Carriers have NOTHING to do with it. SIM unlocked devices have their updates come direct from OnePlus.

I jumped ship to the Note 10 Plus WHICH btw is getting Android 10 and OneUI 2.0 in January. None of this Q1 BS OnePlus are spouting...I've got a month and year as opposed to "ahh well, we'll release the update within the first 3 months of 2020".... Yeah and I just saw the fattest pig fly past my window....

elsworth1983 and IRhyiku like this.

4. P1568340087433 , via OnePlus Community App , Dec 3, 2019 :
    I'm just curious... If the new one plus 7pro 5g mclaren tmobile variant is being released on Dec 6 already with ANDROID 10, then why the wait?.. For everyone already with a 5g.. I know it's a 7T pro but..

5. Weirdpepperguy , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , Dec 3, 2019 :
    Because they have you, they got you hooked on buying a device with great hardware, now they have newer models to entice people with. They will update those devices religiously for 6 months, then they will be in the same boat that you are.

6. RocketPup1 , via OnePlus Community App , Dec 3, 2019 :
    EE In the UK has to test the software for the device to make sure it works with the network. Every Test Takes about a Week and This Happens For every Update and can take A month in total. (3-4 versions in total, kinda like beta software)

Networks can delay updates but EE and OnePlus have both confirmed though their support channels this past week that it is still in testing.

7. StopItRawr
    Honeycomb Dec 3, 2019

StopItRawr , Dec 3, 2019 :
    There's literally no excuses now.

The 855+ uses the same X50 modem as the 855.

If they can get the 5G modem working well enough to sign off a OOS 10 build for this new device, they can use it to push a build for the 7 Pro 5G.

They simply can't be bothered.

8. StopItRawr
    Honeycomb Dec 3, 2019

StopItRawr , Dec 3, 2019 :
    The device sold through EE is unlocked and can work on any network. They don't need to test it as it's not a carrier locked device.

IRhyiku likes this.
  9. XRaptor29
    Froyo Dec 3, 2019

XRaptor29 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Dec 3, 2019 :
    Has a lot to do with the phones consumer base. The more people that have the phone the more the priority it is. Samsung Galaxy Fold for example won't get Android 10 till next April while older phones get it before it does and it's a $2,000 phone.

10. J1560550228087
    Eclair Dec 3, 2019

J1560550228087 , Dec 3, 2019 :
    confirmed where?

11. G_Chris_Lambert_wbmY
    Eclair Dec 3, 2019

G_Chris_Lambert_wbmY , Dec 3, 2019 :
    I don't care about Android 10. I just want the camera software to be updated to match the OnePlus7pro. My phone doesn't take great photos and I purchased based on a good DXO Mark score (which seems to be nonsense)

12. Barman49
    Froyo Dec 3, 2019

Barman49 , via OnePlus 7 Pro 5G , Dec 3, 2019 :

XRaptor29

Don't blame OnePlus entirely, it's also the carriers. They have to approve updates and where 5G is still an alpha system even the carriers won't care about it till it's more developed. It's 4G release all over again but with 5G. I remember my Samsung S3 not getting updates until after 6+ months passed.

It's why I didn't waste my time getting a 5G phone that only .001% of th country has.

second thing to note is Sprint isn't doing anything anymore because they're merging with T-MOBILE. Sprint is dead in the water and their parent company Soft Bank wants nothing to do with them anymore since Sprint has lost so much money.

5G won't be ready for prime time for another couple years.

There are only 3 Manufacturers with phones that have Android 10 updates. Google, Essential and Oneplus. Samsung is still in beta and their 5G phone just got Beta which doesn't even have the same change logs the LTE versions have. Other manufacturers don't have anything on Android 10 release.. Only 3 companies keep up with Android updates within 60 days of release.​

This isn't true about Sprint "not doing anything" as they have pushed out 2 updates to the 7 Pro 5G in the past 2 months. I don't believe that OP has sent the carriers anything related to 10.so I don't think the carriers are the hold up at this point.

13. scarEEcrow , via OnePlus 7 Pro 5G , Dec 4, 2019 :
    So ,i had the galaxy s10 plus. I am on Sprint. just got the 7 pro 5g ,which was the only variant on Sprint and i dont like it the next day. I thought of myself as an oneplus fanboy,as i had the oneplus 2, oneplus 3t. And this 7 pro 5g still is not only behind on updates,but also have some major issues. When i take a photo with the front camera,if i try to look at the photo it doesn't let me,the photo closes. And also the gallery app doesn't show any photos or videos or anything. Any one else faced this kinda issues ? thinking of returning it.

14. Barman49
    Froyo Dec 5, 2019

Barman49 , via OnePlus 7 Pro 5G , Dec 5, 2019 :
    I have the Sprint version and don't have either of these problems. They just released an update to the gallery app that let's you sort by date taken. Maybe check for an update to the app.

15. scarEEcrow , via OnePlus 7 Pro 5G , Dec 5, 2019 :
    i just uninstalled the update,now the gallery app is working,no problem watching the photos from the camera app either.... how is your battery life ? not too good for me... s10+ was much better... [e]1f623[/e]

16. Barman49
    Froyo Dec 5, 2019

Barman49 , via OnePlus 7 Pro 5G , Dec 5, 2019 :
    The last update says it included battery optimizations but it's only been a couple days so I haven't noticed any major changes but I usually get 5-6 SOT usually over 30-40 hours off the charger. This is with BT always on, Spotify streaming a couple hours, 90refresh on a bunch of apps and full screen res. I can complain. Best battery life I've gotten on a phone. I use dark mode on whatever I can as well.
    1575512275526.jpg