[UNIFIED] OnePlus 7 Pro 5G Owners Complaint Thread

1. IRhyiku
    Honeycomb Feb 18, 2020

IRhyiku , Feb 18, 2020 :
    That was always my favorite part - seeing announcements like "Oneplus 7 series gets android 10!" yet no word on the 5G, guess that's not part of the series and is instead part of the Oneplus 2 series where you get forgotten and oneplus hopes you all jump to the oneplus 8.

2. X1568644665322 , via OnePlus Community App , Feb 19, 2020 :
    New concern for OnePlus 7 Pro 5g Sprint - what happens now that the T-Mobile merger has been approved, will we even get future updates? They announced that Sprint customers will become T-Mobile customers but no clear direction on the support for Sprint system phones

lrmdaddy likes this.
  3. F1572465538293
    Froyo Feb 19, 2020

F1572465538293 , Feb 19, 2020 :
    I have the Sprint OnePlus 7 Pro 5G and am on 9.5.17 with the January 1st security patch. Although I'm pissed I don't have Android 10 I have received updates from Sprint every 2 months and that lines up with March being the next update which hopefully lines up with the Android 10 update.

lrmdaddy likes this.
  4. oryanol
    Froyo Feb 19, 2020

oryanol , via OnePlus 6 , Feb 19, 2020 :
    Android 11 developer preview is now available. I don't even expect it to ever come on the 7pro 5G. [e]1f60f[/e] I think the best thing will be to jump in a few months, I'll probably buy the first 5G pixel.

lrmdaddy likes this.
  5. F1572465538293
    Froyo Feb 20, 2020

F1572465538293 , Feb 20, 2020 :
    I wish I never bought the damn phone and I don't want to be a damn T-Mobile customer. I do not like T-Mobile. God only knows what a mess this will be. I'm ready to jump ship but can't afford to do it. I highly doubt the Sprint One Plus 5G will ever get Android 10, I'd be surprised to see anymore updates, I should have never became a Sprint customer. but long ago when I did I never imagined by being a Sprint customer I would become a T-Mobile customer. I'm pissed in soooooo many ways right now

lrmdaddy likes this.
  6. whoareyouxda
    Eclair Feb 21, 2020

whoareyouxda , Feb 21, 2020 :
    Tbh this sounds like the rantings of a delusional person, why wouldn't you want essentially double coverage?
    Who are you going to switch to that's going to be any cheaper or have anywhere near as reliable of coverage has T-Mobile / Sprint?
    Verizon AT&t and US Cellular are all the same price, which is overpriced, T-Mobile and Sprint are committing to not raising prices, and expanding coverage, while deploying 5G as soon as possible, T-Mobile has much better customer service than Sprint, and is nicer to their employees from what I've heard.
    Sprint is a dying company, if they die you would still have to switch to someone else anyways, it's easier on Sprint if they absorb into T-Mobile,
    I assume would you rather they leave a bunch of employees and customers with no service or jobs one day just because they had to shut down all service?

and in regards to the Android 10 update, that I do agree with you if it's absolutely ridiculous that they haven't rolled it out yet, at least we figured out how to unlock the bootloader I suppose...

lrmdaddy likes this.
  7. F1572465538293
    Froyo Feb 21, 2020

F1572465538293 , Feb 21, 2020 :
    I was more pissed about the phone. Though both companies support LTE, T-Mobile's older network is based on a technology called GSM, and Sprint's is based on CDMA -- two incompatible networks, so now, explain to me how a Sprint phone designed to run on a completely different network is all of a sudden going to be able to run on T-Mobile's completely different network. All carriers but T-Mobile run on CDMA in the United States. Plus each carriers phones run on different frequencies. The phones themselves for each network are designed to run on their respective networks frequencies. But when it comes to T-Mobile and Sprint, they aren't just different frquencies, their phones are designed to run on two COMPLETELY different types of networks.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020

lrmdaddy and Joshua_Zajac88 like this.
  8. kevin24lg
    Cupcake Feb 21, 2020

kevin24lg , Feb 21, 2020 :
    I just read that xda was able to unlock the bootloader and install Android 10 on the Sprint 7Pro 5g. So a bunch of volunteer developers got it done, but OnePlus hasn't been able to? Or hasn't sent Sprint anything to push out?

Either this phone is a gimmick that OnePlus never intended to support or it's low sales number means it's just extremely low priority. Either way I'm annoyed that we're 2 months into Q1 and not a peep. One month to go until we're in Q2 and I don't have hope we'll see Android 10.

I may need to resort to unlocking the phone myself via xda. This is just straight ridiculous.

lrmdaddy and Joshua_Zajac88 like this.
  9. oryanol , via OnePlus Community App , Feb 21, 2020 :
    For those who have finally left. What is the best alternative to the OnePlus 7 Pro 5G? I have explored the Pixel 4, and the Motorola One vision, but I'm still not satisfied. I want to future proof my purchase (have 5G at least), and remain on stock android. There seems to be no 5G phone out there with stock android

lrmdaddy likes this.
  10. Nighthawk37
    Cupcake Feb 22, 2020

Nighthawk37 , Feb 22, 2020 :
    If you are going to post info about network technology, then please post correct info. Most coverage in the US is GSM. Verizon and Sprint are two of the only networks in the world that use CDMA. LTE uses GSM, even on Sprint and Verizon. Most phones nowadays sold by Verizon and Sprint have both GSM and CDMA and support the bands on other US networks. T-Mobile has a unique band that's not always supported. Sprint's OnePlus supports band 71, so it should be completely compatible with both networks, minus T-Mobiles 5G bands.

lrmdaddy and Wookied89 like this.
  11. IRhyiku
    Honeycomb Feb 25, 2020

IRhyiku , Feb 25, 2020 :
    I went with the Note 10+ 5G.

Gotta say - I love it so much more than the 7 Pro 5G - for starters the 5G is a lot more stable and im getting much better speeds. The OS - OneUI2 is very fluent and has a lot of nice features that you won't get elsewhere and the camera is so much better, comparable to gcam on the 7 pro. Highly recommend this if you want to jump ship to another 5G device.

lrmdaddy likes this.
  12. Wookied89
    Eclair Feb 25, 2020

Wookied89 , via OnePlus 7 Pro 5G , Feb 25, 2020 :
    Sprint denies getting any updates from OnePlus. I work for Sprint and had to show my supervisor that I was on 9.5.17 when 9.1.3 is technically "the most current" point is Sprint lies. if they've received Android 10 they haven't done anything with it.

lrmdaddy likes this.
  13. oryanol , via OnePlus Community App , Feb 26, 2020 :
    I considered that as well, my friends and family got the S10 5G and it seems incredibly good. My problem is stock android, One UI is too far from stock.

lrmdaddy likes this.
  14. lrmdaddy , via OnePlus Community App , Feb 27, 2020 :
    how many other people are not happy with the op7 pro 5g? I have them(6 of them) on Sprint, I know, I know, bad on my part for going with Sprint, but I'm upset to have gotten a 5g phone, have to pay for 5g when its not out yet(in most areas), and still no Android 10.. this sucks,

Joshua_Zajac88 likes this.
  15. Joshua_Zajac88
    Donut Feb 27, 2020

Joshua_Zajac88 , Feb 27, 2020 :
    My girlfriend and i just switched from pixel 3xls. I love everything about this phone except the updates. Its being this far behind that reminds me of why i went team pixel. Oxygen os Its so similar to stock android that you wouldnt think they need alot of time to adjust a few things. I just cant believe WE HAVE DEFINITELY BEEN FORGOTTEN!!!

Dirk66 and lrmdaddy like this.
  16. IRhyiku
    Honeycomb Feb 27, 2020

IRhyiku , Feb 27, 2020 :
    If you don't mind rooting you can change the recents, use a pixel launcher and a pixel theme and have it so close to being AOSP-like with extra features under the hood!

17. Wookied89
    Eclair Mar 2, 2020

Joshua_Zajac88 likes this.

18. Wookied89 likes this.
  19. Barman49
    Gingerbread Mar 2, 2020

Barman49 , via OnePlus 7 Pro 5G , Mar 2, 2020 :
    Now that we are in March some kind of statement from OP should be put out updating us 5G users what is going on with the 10 update. But of course I'm not holding my breath, just hoping that in a couple weeks when I get the update on my phone it's not just the March security update. If they don't deliver on a Q1 10 release this forum will not be happy.