[UNIFIED]OnePlus 8T call recording discussion thread via OnePlus 8 Pro

1. aarjavjain
    Cupcake Oct 16, 2020

aarjavjain , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Oct 16, 2020 :
    Moderator edit:

Please use this thread for any discussion related to call recording on the OnePlus 8T. Please dont create duplicate threads.
    The oneplus 8T was advertised to be released with Google communication suite.
    If you want to request something to OnePlus, please use the feedback section
    https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I just bought a OnePlus 8T.
    I'm using the phone in india.

One of the greatest features ONEPLUS ever introduced in the Indian segment was the Call recording.
    Had it on the ONEPLUS 3, 5, 5T, 6, 7, 7T, 8 Pro.

But on the ONEPLUS 8T I can't find it anywhere.

The only place I find it is when the call is active and it has to be switched on manually. And everytime I switch it on, it says "This call is being recorded" to both the parties.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2020

2. ShaviSuri
    Froyo Nov 11, 2020

Stickied Post
    ShaviSuri , Nov 11, 2020 :
    Hey everyone!!
    Greetings from my side. We were trying hard to get 100% working oneplus dialer and messaging app in oneplus 8t. and Yes, We have successfully done it.
    I am very happy t share the guide with you all
    Requirements:
    -Root
    -Magisk
    -Busybox Module
    -App Systemizer Module
    -Your own responsibility before following the all steps said:

To root your device with magisk please follow this amazing guide by @DroidFreak32 :
    - https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-8t/how-to/guide-how-to-root-oneplus8t-kb2001-t4178675
    Please download the required dialer apk from this link:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1814cAPa4y1yP2lJfvIQwkZTmoajxuEXi?usp=sharing
    If you need messaging and contact app as well. I have shared it in the above link.
    - Download the Busybox Module in magisk
    Open the hamburger menu again like before, then head to "Downloads." In the search bar, do a search for the term "busybox" to locate the next module for this guide. Tap the download arrow once, then go to "Install" to start the install process. Once finished, tap the back arrow to return to the previous screen.
    -Download the App Systemizer Module
    In the search bar for the "Downloads" section, do another search for the term "app systemizer," then repeat the process like before to get the module installed. Once this one finishes installing, you can go ahead and hit the "Reboot" button at the bottom to restart your device.
    -Install the Terminal App
    To use the App Systemizer module you downloaded in Step 3, you'll first need to access a terminal. The module is entirely command-line based, which is why you also needed the Busybox module — it allows you to use more advanced commands with superuser permissions.
    Play Store Link: Termux
    -Store the dialer in some of your specific location which is provided in the above google drive link.
    -Systemize the OnePlus Phone App
    Open the Termux app, then type in the command below, followed by: (Please do not use " in all steps below commands)
    1. "su"
    When you're prompted to do so, tap the "Grant" option to give Termux full superuser privileges to your system.
    2. Now that your superuser permissions have been granted, type in the next command followed by enter.
    "systemize"
    This command will immediately launch the App Systemizer module interface for the first time. This is easily the best way you can turn any user-installed app into a system app with minimal effort.
    3. Choose option 3 only(Choice 1 & 2 not working in our 8T). Choice 3 was the best way to make dialer work in 8T.
    4. Now give the apk location. For me, I have placed the apk directly into storage. Enter the following line.
    "/storage/emulated/0/Phone_Dialer.apk"
    5. Now type 2 to install to /system/priv-app
    6. Now app has installed successfully. Reboot the device.
    7. Make oneplus dialer as default phone dialer. It is very important step. Please disable google dialer for now.
    8. Please give all permissions to oneplus dialer from phone settings(calls logs,contacts,files and media,microphone, phone,SMS)
    If you are facing any issue in using systemizer app, please prefer this link . This link also contains screenshots for first few steps.
    If you have followed all the steps carefully, You will have a working oneplus dialer with call recording. You can enable call recording from dialer settings.
    Once clear the catch before start using it.
    Points to be noted:
    *Do not delete systemizer module, Dialer can be removed or disappeared(will find an alternative)
    * Do not make the messaging app as a system using systemizer, It is not happening and can cause issues. Use the messaging app as a user app only.
    I am attaching the screenshots for your reference and I will keep updating the guide for better understanding, so please do not create multiple guides with the same steps.
    It is 100% tested and working fine. If you will face any bug, Please let everyone know in the comments below.
    If you want this OnePlus dialer to be worked without root, Please request OnePlus officials in community to make it as system app with OTA update. You all can see it is possible to do record calls in oneplus 8t now.
    Special thanks to: @sansanc , Abhi and KunalShah

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020

im_hvd and ShreyasPatil_ like this.

4. Sheppards
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 16, 2020

5. Sheppards
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 16, 2020

Auristic likes this.
  6. pablofg1978
    Nougat Head Moderator Oct 17, 2020

7. Last edited: Oct 17, 2020

8. Rajendra.Bhat
    Jelly Bean Oct 17, 2020

Rajendra.Bhat , Oct 17, 2020 :
    You said you've found the option!

Komal Doshi likes this.
  9. HIMANSHUGARG786
    Donut Oct 17, 2020

dharam_kumar likes this.
  10. Tokolozi
    Nougat Oct 17, 2020

Tokolozi , Oct 17, 2020 :
    No, it uses google dialer and communication suite. So by google regulations it may not have a automatic call recorder.

Aditya Javadekar and Auristic like this.
  11. HIMANSHUGARG786
    Donut Oct 17, 2020

HIMANSHUGARG786 , via OnePlus 5T , Oct 17, 2020 :
    but why oneplus did this??

i didn't switched to Apple because of the automatic call recording feature in oneplus..

But now it's the same.

i just ordered it via Amazon

but now need to cancel it..

anyway thanks for the update
    [e]1f60a[/e]

12. Tokolozi
    Nougat Oct 17, 2020

Tokolozi , Oct 17, 2020 :
    Because they, and google, think it's good to protect people's privacy. And so do I.

13. HIMANSHUGARG786
    Donut Oct 17, 2020

Aditya Javadekar likes this.
  15. Rajendra.Bhat
    Jelly Bean Oct 17, 2020

16. HIMANSHUGARG786
    Donut Oct 17, 2020

17. HIMANSHUGARG786
    Donut Oct 17, 2020