[UNIFIED]OnePlus 8T call recording discussion thread

1. KunalVinodPandit
    Cupcake Nov 9, 2020

2. Liehjan
    Lollipop Nov 9, 2020

Liehjan , Nov 9, 2020 :
    No... It's against Googles user privacy policy!

3. KunalVinodPandit
    Cupcake Nov 9, 2020

KunalVinodPandit , via OnePlus 8T , Nov 9, 2020 :
    Then we want our one plus dialer rather than Google dialer...it's essential in day to day life.

O1603529836480 likes this.
  4. Liehjan
    Lollipop Nov 9, 2020

Liehjan , Nov 9, 2020 :
    You can try to download op dialer .apk... Don't know if it will work but worth a try... As long as the phone uses google dialer this will not be changed.

harisukritha likes this.
  5. O1603529836480
    Cupcake Nov 9, 2020

O1603529836480 , Nov 9, 2020 :
    I agree with u (Mr. KunalVinodPandit), Google Dialer app should stop in Oneplus Mobiles because this app is very irritating for Oneplus NORD User's / Customers also. If its against to Googles policy, Oneplus must bring their Dialer back or atleast Google team with Oneplus Team should fix the "Announcements in Call Recordings to both Dialer & Receiver " issue....
    2. The Recorded call Tag is showing under the Dialed no. in the call list. Because of this we are loosing the Confidential matters.

6. nikosntemos
    Cupcake Nov 9, 2020

7. pablofg1978
    Nougat Head Moderator Nov 9, 2020

pablofg1978 , Nov 9, 2020 :
    Threads merged
    Please use the search before creating a new thread

8. D1541507186055
    Cupcake Nov 10, 2020

D1541507186055 , via OnePlus 8T , Nov 10, 2020 :
    When I m using call recording while cal, it is speaking about that recording that (cal recording is started) I want to turn off this notification, please help me regarding this

Z1602962703378 likes this.
  9. pablofg1978
    Nougat Head Moderator Nov 10, 2020

pablofg1978 , Nov 10, 2020 :
    Thread merged, please use the search before creating a new thread
    You cant turn off the notification, it is there to protect the privacy

10. KunalVinodPandit
    Cupcake Nov 10, 2020

KunalVinodPandit , via OnePlus 8T , Nov 10, 2020 :
    There is call from one plus developer team..thay have told me to write this issue at forum...I know I could have searched that content earlier...but it is unintentionally done... anyways I hope this issue will get solved in coming update...at least they should have issues india specific update...what normal users like me wants convenience, regardless of type of dialer thay are using.
    Thanks for organizing and combined my issue.
    -kunal

11. pablofg1978

Your convenience can't be above others privacy.
    If you can't explain why you need to record a call, then you should not do it

12. KunalVinodPandit
    Cupcake Nov 10, 2020

KunalVinodPandit , via OnePlus 8T , Nov 10, 2020 :
    I have already told my concern with one plus developer team. As per them it is not legal in some western countries. But it is perfectly legal here in India so privacy won't be breach moreover native feature is preferred. I also can record calls for other aps...and one plus also taking my concern , anyways it's my personal opinion.

13. pablofg1978

That is not illegal doesn't mean that you shouldn't let the other person know that you are recording it.
    Again, it is a privacy concern.

14. pablofg1978

15. Suraj0901
    Donut Nov 11, 2020

Suraj0901 , via OnePlus 8T , Nov 11, 2020 :
    It is available in India , but why is it needed to be so loud to inform the other person .

16. Rajendra.Bhat
    Jelly Bean Nov 11, 2020

Rajendra.Bhat , Nov 11, 2020 :
    Bcoz of privacy policy

17. ShaviSuri
    Froyo Nov 11, 2020

Stickied Post
    ShaviSuri , Nov 11, 2020 :
    Hey everyone!!
    Greetings from my side. We were trying hard to get 100% working oneplus dialer and messaging app in oneplus 8t. and Yes, We have successfully done it.
    I am very happy t share the guide with you all
    Requirements:
    -Root
    -Magisk
    -Busybox Module
    -App Systemizer Module
    -Your own responsibility before following the all steps said:

To root your device with magisk please follow this amazing guide by @DroidFreak32 :
    - https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-8t/how-to/guide-how-to-root-oneplus8t-kb2001-t4178675
    Please download the required dialer apk from this link:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1814cAPa4y1yP2lJfvIQwkZTmoajxuEXi?usp=sharing
    If you need messaging and contact app as well. I have shared it in the above link.
    - Download the Busybox Module in magisk
    Open the hamburger menu again like before, then head to "Downloads." In the search bar, do a search for the term "busybox" to locate the next module for this guide. Tap the download arrow once, then go to "Install" to start the install process. Once finished, tap the back arrow to return to the previous screen.
    -Download the App Systemizer Module
    In the search bar for the "Downloads" section, do another search for the term "app systemizer," then repeat the process like before to get the module installed. Once this one finishes installing, you can go ahead and hit the "Reboot" button at the bottom to restart your device.
    -Install the Terminal App
    To use the App Systemizer module you downloaded in Step 3, you'll first need to access a terminal. The module is entirely command-line based, which is why you also needed the Busybox module — it allows you to use more advanced commands with superuser permissions.
    Play Store Link: Termux
    -Store the dialer in some of your specific location which is provided in the above google drive link.
    -Systemize the OnePlus Phone App
    Open the Termux app, then type in the command below, followed by: (Please do not use " in all steps below commands)
    1. "su"
    When you're prompted to do so, tap the "Grant" option to give Termux full superuser privileges to your system.
    2. Now that your superuser permissions have been granted, type in the next command followed by enter.
    "systemize"
    This command will immediately launch the App Systemizer module interface for the first time. This is easily the best way you can turn any user-installed app into a system app with minimal effort.
    3. Choose option 3 only(Choice 1 & 2 not working in our 8T). Choice 3 was the best way to make dialer work in 8T.
    4. Now give the apk location. For me, I have placed the apk directly into storage. Enter the following line.
    "/storage/emulated/0/Phone_Dialer.apk"
    5. Now type 2 to install to /system/priv-app
    6. Now app has installed successfully. Reboot the device.
    7. Make oneplus dialer as default phone dialer. It is very important step. Please disable google dialer for now.
    8. Please give all permissions to oneplus dialer from phone settings(calls logs,contacts,files and media,microphone, phone,SMS)
    If you are facing any issue in using systemizer app, please prefer this link . This link also contains screenshots for first few steps.
    If you have followed all the steps carefully, You will have a working oneplus dialer with call recording. You can enable call recording from dialer settings.
    Once clear the catch before start using it.
    Points to be noted:
    *Do not delete systemizer module, Dialer can be removed or disappeared(will find an alternative)
    * Do not make the messaging app as a system using systemizer, It is not happening and can cause issues. Use the messaging app as a user app only.
    I am attaching the screenshots for your reference and I will keep updating the guide for better understanding, so please do not create multiple guides with the same steps.
    It is 100% tested and working fine. If you will face any bug, Please let everyone know in the comments below.
    If you want this OnePlus dialer to be worked without root, Please request OnePlus officials in community to make it as system app with OTA update. You all can see it is possible to do record calls in oneplus 8t now.
    Special thanks to: @sansanc , Abhi and KunalShah

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020

im_hvd and ShreyasPatil_ like this.
  18. Sheppards
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 12, 2020

Sheppards , via OnePlus 7T , Nov 12, 2020 :
    In before people start bricking their phones and moaning about it here

Starting now

Gravey6 likes this.
  19. S1603026003080
    Cupcake Nov 12, 2020

S1603026003080 , via OnePlus 8T , Nov 12, 2020 :
    ITS MY AS WELL AS MY USERS REQUEST TO GIVE AUTO CALL RECORDING IN ONEPLUS 8T DEVICES BY GIVING OTA UPDATE BY ONE PLUS DIALER BECAUSE ONE PLUS DIALER IS BETTER THAN GOOGLE SUIT AND DIALER.

iamrj and ShaviSuri like this.
  20. Q1605200686330
    Cupcake Nov 12, 2020

iamrj and ShaviSuri like this.