[UNIFIED]OnePlus 9 Battery, heating and charging feedback thread

1. Caoimhín
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 22, 2021

Caoimhín , Apr 22, 2021 :
    Please use this thread for any questions, SOT, tips, issues, and all things related to battery, heating, and charging of the OnePlus 9.

Please note that the way you use the phone (daily usage scenarios and habits) will make a huge difference to the battery/heating performance. In a scenario where there is a heavy performance workload, such as photo shooting/video shooting/mobile gaming/video consumption, the power consumption and heating of the phone will increase accordingly, which is a normal phenomenon.

There are also many other factors that can affect battery and heat, even ambient air temperatures above 25°c+ can slow down charging or cause heat issues, as the air temperature gets hotter the phone cannot dissipate heat as quickly so may even slow the charging down as a safety measure as well.

You are more than welcome to share any battery and charging tips and tricks in the comment section and ask a forum moderator to pin your post on the first page of this thread.

Also, please do check the links below for suggestions on alleviating any battery, heat, and charging issues. Along with more details on improving your experience with the OnePlus 9.
    Here are some tips to Optimise the use of your phone. This may help with many phone issues.
    Battery optimization never ends. To help OnePlus better resolve battery/heating-related issues, please submit a bug report via the Feedback Tool in the Community app or https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback

Thank you for your participation in improving the OnePlus experience.

Harsh2416 and Dev baadhwar like this.
  3. Caoimhín

Caoimhín , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 22, 2021 :
    Clear the OnePlus Camera App info Cache and App info Storage.

Also clear the OnePlus Camera Service App info Cache and App info Storage as well.

Restart the phone

Check the links in the original post above for suggestions on improving heat issues.

S1616356560180 likes this.
  4. Hani90
    Donut Apr 22, 2021

Hani90 , Apr 22, 2021 :
    I got charging problems with my new Oneplus 9. First of all, when charging at home with wall charger that i got when buying the phone, i get 3860 mA. When charging with original car charger i get 1600 mA. It is SLOW AS f.... When i charged with my 7t on car, it charged the same speed at home.

Attached Files:

A.S.Rai likes this.
  5. Caoimhín

What is the wattage rating for the car charger? And is it a USB C 2 type charger or USB C 3.1? This will also have an effect.
    Battery is bigger in the OnePlus 9. And the car charger will only charge at the wattage it is rated for.

6. Hani90
    Donut Apr 22, 2021

Hani90 , Apr 22, 2021 :
    I don't know about that. I just know it is the original from Oneplus that i bought. IMG_20210422_120659.jpg

Caoimhín likes this.
  7. Caoimhín

If it is this one.
    https://www.oneplus.com/ie/product/oneplus-fast-charge-car-charger

As it's fast charging between 3.4v-5.0v and 3.5Amp you just multiply the 2 figures to get the wattage.
    Fast charge will be between 12w and 18w through the charger.
    Standard charge would be 10w.
    1619095419808.jpg

If it is Fast charging in a wall socket at 65w and it takes 30 to 40 mins, then the fastest the car charger will charge the OnePlus 9 in the car will be less than a third of that at 18w. Take 40 mins multiply it by 3.3 and it could take up to 2 hours in the car to charge. That's just a limitation of the charger not the obone

8. Caoimhín

9. Hani90
    Donut Apr 22, 2021

Hani90 , Apr 22, 2021 :
    But its funny when i had 7T it charged the same at home and in the car.

Caoimhín likes this.
  10. Caoimhín

Not sure why that would be, as the output in the car charger is limited to a max of 18w. Anyway, check out the link to the charger Tests above. Lot of info there.

11. Hani90
    Donut Apr 22, 2021

Hani90 , Apr 22, 2021 :
    I know. I checked that site with charging speeds. Normally i should have 6080 mA but i only get 3080 mA.

And the other site you sent me doesn't work. But it links to Oneplus website

12. Caoimhín

If the wall charger is charging slower than necessary, it can be down to a number of factors as mentioned in my original post at the top of the thread.

But if these are not factors in your case. Please give Feedback on the issues back to the OnePlus OOS developers. So that they can investigate them. Thank you.

Community App Feedback tool
    https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

You can also contact bughunters@oneplus.com

13. Hani90
    Donut Apr 22, 2021

Hani90 , Apr 22, 2021 :
    Thank you. I have written an email. If i still get this slow charging i will try to write to Support. Meanwhille i will wait for the next update to fix this problem.

Caoimhín likes this.
  14. SarthakGupta2912
    Cupcake Apr 22, 2021

SarthakGupta2912 , via OnePlus 9 , Apr 22, 2021 :
    I have purchased Oneplus 9, 3 days ago but the battery is draining rapidly.

I am using Oneplus since past 3 years but this is the first time i am facing this issue. I even tried caliberating the battery but it didn't worked.
    Oneplus 9 has the latest snapdragon 888 which works on 5nm which means it should be more efficient in terms of power consumption but currently its draining battery like a flowing river !!

Kindly send an update with a solution to it.

15. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Apr 22, 2021

pablofg1978 , Apr 22, 2021 :
    Thread merged

Caoimhín likes this.
  16. Lucille
    Gingerbread Apr 22, 2021

Hasantha_94 likes this.

Hasantha_94 likes this.
  19. Ultradyong
    Eclair Apr 23, 2021

Ultradyong , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Apr 23, 2021 :
    It is something about the update, that cause overheating, might be due to the case that you didn't bought the phone cause from Oneplus or that protection cases cost the device to overheat due to accidentally tapping the home screen.