[UNIFIED]OnePlus 9 Battery, heating and charging feedback thread

1. S1601114170088
    Cupcake Jun 14, 2021

S1601114170088 , via OnePlus Nord , Jun 14, 2021 :
    Heating up of phone while charging is not an issue.
    Due to warp charge the phone is charged quickly which in process releases heat.

If the heating occurs due to any other issues contact someone on OnePlus community they will guide you better.

2. ButterThatMatter , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jun 14, 2021 :
    How about wireless charging
    The phone gets insanely hot to touch and android notification states that the phone is unusable untill temp goes down to normal range
    All that in less than 3-5 min in wireless charger!!!

3. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jun 14, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Jun 14, 2021 :
    What temperature does it have before charging? That small time should not be able to create that heat.
    Here is a sample from my phone out on the beach (21°C in the shadows)

1623668305371.jpg
    (Devcheck)

4. ButterThatMatter , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jun 14, 2021 :
    Will for me it doesn't matter , First I thought it might be because of the phone temperature before charging and it's okay to go up two or three degrees OR 30+ , but it comes out that even if the phone is ice cold it doesn't matter it might gives you extra minute or so but no way of exceeding 5 mins , it becomes impossible to hold and unusable for a while away from wireless charger
    AND THE HIGHEST THAT I HAVE ACHIEVED IS 2%+ of juice before it blowsout from heating

5. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jun 14, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Jun 14, 2021 :
    To me it sounds like a defect. Should not be possible to generate that kind of heat that fast especially if your start temperature does not matter.

6. aftabalam8c1
    Gingerbread Jun 15, 2021

aftabalam8c1 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jun 15, 2021 :
    One plus 9 pro has good battery life.
    If u use it continuously then it will give 7hr + screen on time. But it has worst standby power management. It consumes a lot of battery in standby mode that screen on time shrink to 5 hr 9r 5.30 hr. One plus needs to do something

7. Prae255
    Cupcake Jun 15, 2021

Prae255 , Jun 15, 2021 :
    Question: does my Oneplus9 have a faulty battery?
    I've had my phone for 1 month now, ever since the beginning and every released patch since, I've had the same issue:

The battery drains for about 1% to 2% every hour, even when not in use.
    Even when not actively in use, the battery is empty after about 2 days.
    Maximum screen-on time after a full charge is 3 hours.

I thought it was an issue with tranfsferring data from my previous phone (Oneplus 5), so I already did a format last week and installed the few apps I need manually.
    After several charging cycles more, still no improvements.
    Did I purchase a 700 Euro brick?

8. Ultradyong
    Gingerbread Jun 15, 2021

9. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jun 15, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Jun 15, 2021 :
    Some have reported a better battery by disabling Google Assistant. Could be worth a shot to see if that makes a difference for you too. An idle drain analysis could be helpful. See first post.

10. Prae255
    Cupcake Jun 15, 2021

Prae255 , Jun 15, 2021 :
    I'll switch off some more settings, keep an eye on things and see what it gives after a week.

I can assume that the current level of battery drain I'm experiencing is not normal, right?
    2 days max at 60Hz with 2-3 hours Screen-on time at best, doesn't sound like something it should be doing.
    Turning off every possible setting also doesn't sound like something that should be 'required' to have a half-decent battery life.

Apologies if I sound rude but I paid good money for this and I sort of expected... better.

11. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jun 15, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Jun 15, 2021 :
    Non taken. I understand that there can be some frustration sometimes.

Back at an earlier firmware with everything on as standard but only bluetooth off... I measured a idle drain at 0.5%. Dual sim on WiFi. I consider that to be more normal. These days I'm using the Oneplus Watch and is always connected too it.
    Today I've had like 7h SoT with Smart 120 Hz and QHD+ with my specific use and set of apps (11.2.6.6 EU). My peaks on earlier firmware have been at 11h during a day but without the watch and bluetooth. But perhaps idle drain has increased some both due to watch and other factors.
    I don't see a obvious drain issue when I look at stats in apps like BetterBatteryStats and GSam.

You could always report your issues with idle drain via the feedback tool.

View attachment 1619161
    You could also check what kind of things you can find via a BetterBatteryStats idle drain analysis. There are good resources and help behind that app that could help in finding the causes so you can tweak according to your own needs.

12. P1600129806745
    Cupcake Jun 16, 2021

13. NShahi143
    Jelly Bean Jun 16, 2021

NShahi143 , via OnePlus Nord , Jun 16, 2021 :
    It's a costly phone why it do so much heat OnePlus need to work for cooling system in the phone soon.

14. NShahi143
    Jelly Bean Jun 16, 2021

NShahi143 , via OnePlus Nord , Jun 16, 2021 :
    Don't update the phone regularly in Nord it's taking too much time to charge how is warp charge when it's not Chargeing proper.
    Always putout phone cover when you charge the phone. Mostly use 99% of charge then switch off the electric switch.
    And use for charge when ur battery level is on below 10%
    I think this will help u out.