[UNIFIED]OnePlus 9 Battery, heating and charging feedback thread

1. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Oct 4, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Oct 4, 2021 :
    I have I have recorded 5, and up to 10 minute videos and variance of times between that, sometimes shorter. Mine does get slightly warm when taking those videos but not over 40°C. I use Dev check and CPU Z from the Playstore to check the actual temps, because I want to see what everyone else means when they say it gets hot.

The Ambient weather temps when taking those videos was between 15°c and 20°C. I live in a cooler climate. And as I said, the suggestions above will alleviate issues for many, maybe not all. Some issues maybe device hardware related and/or Apps and customisation related, even sunlight and Ambient weather temp. There can be many reasons. These issues can be found on many manufacturers Android phones across many models at times.

The point is that many have alleviated their issues from the information above. Some haven't. But it's there for people to try and see if it helps.

2. Steps Parku (DJ STEPS) , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Oct 5, 2021 :
    I can see you are from a cold region. You definitely might not be able to tell if something is actually off as far as this over heating is concerned. I see, same issue when I was in the states, untill I hoped on a plane and found myself in Africa few months after my purchase.
    The thing is, it's not even a normal thing to follow the guide above to keep thermals in check. The fact that you are bent on doing that alone indicates something has gone wrong.
    I have used every OnePlus Device since the OP1 travelled the around with it, even in hotter Saharan regions. None of them behaved like this. Altho my OnePlus 8pro gets warm at times, but the 9pro is really a bother, because the the least intensive task, and you get over heating warning which immediately executes some actions to turn off data, reduce brightness and so on. When doing videos, it stops automatically. Now that's something ruining the overall experience. By the way, I've tried the above. It didn't help. Maybe you should try this one more time outta the freeze zone to see, because ambience temp might be helping with thermals in your situation.
    But so you know. I've used the OnePlus 7pro intensively under the same condition and nothing of this sort happened. I am still sending bug reports

3. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Oct 5, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Morning Mist , Oct 5, 2021 :
    Hopefully future firmware can tame the beast so to speak with more restrictive thermal handling and efficiency. It's well known that the SoC is a bit hot on it's own. But any attempt to control it... Well you know how people reacted over the limitation of apps by avoiding the X1 core?
    Hard to give full throttle regardless of ambient temp... So the situation is a bit tricky.
    That limitation and the availability of high performance mode in 12 is an attempt to get both types of users and recidents in colder and warmer climates some options on how they want to handle it.

They could actually have isolated the heat of the SoC at hardware level in ways that slows down the effect on for example battery... Could have been good for warmer climates. Mostly SoC performance that would suffer greatly. But bad for those that actually can maintain higher speed on SoC thanks to the good heat speaking of the build (cooled down by the colder body of the phone).

These things is a game of "You win some and you loose some". The playing rules are decided by the SoC. And this time there are a bit harder playing rules.

4. Steps Parku (DJ STEPS) , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Oct 6, 2021 :
    That means this whole issue is SoC issue, well then again I asked, why send something to users when it's not all baked or ready ?

Under locking to keep thermals in check also affects CPU performances. Because when phone gets hot, it becomes very slow and freezing.

I hope they find a better cooling option for the OnePlus 10.

5. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Oct 6, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Morning Mist , Oct 6, 2021 :
    The question is... Why did Qualcomm... 😉
    How would a 9 series look like if they kept 865 instead? Would people buy it?
    Passive cooling remains passive cooling... Even phones with active cooling can't keep it away from throttling a bit with 888.
    Last time Qualcomm had some thermal issues was 810 I think.
    9 series can still be perfectly fine for many. Just like when I had a 810 based phone... No issues for me.

Artemus likes this.
  6. FaruOneplus
    Donut Oct 12, 2021

7. Liehjan
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Buds Pro Community Expert Oct 12, 2021

Liehjan , Oct 12, 2021 :
    There is currently no such setting in the OS... And don't look at the numbers Accubattery tell you, because the app don't understand that the phone has two cells.

Artemus and FaruOneplus like this.
  8. FaruOneplus
    Donut Oct 12, 2021

FaruOneplus , via OnePlus 9 , Oct 12, 2021 :
    Perfect reply brother. I got confused seeing the Accubattery estimation of actual capacity. Thanks.

Liehjan likes this.
  9. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Oct 12, 2021

pablofg1978 , Oct 12, 2021 :
    Thread merged

10. ASHISHDARA634
    Gingerbread Oct 17, 2021

11. Liehjan
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Buds Pro Community Expert Oct 23, 2021

Liehjan , Oct 23, 2021 :
    What is?

Artemus likes this.
  12. DileepMuvvala
    Honeycomb Oct 26, 2021

13. Last edited: Oct 27, 2021

14. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Oct 27, 2021

pablofg1978 , Oct 27, 2021 :
    Thread merged

15. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Oct 27, 2021

16. Shailender Sharma
    Nougat Oct 27, 2021

TibiTibi likes this.
  17. pankajshidurkar
    Cupcake Oct 27, 2021

pankajshidurkar , via OnePlus 9 , Oct 27, 2021 :
    1635310904939.jpg

I am not able to use one plus 9 for even 7 hrs.
    Battery draining Is too fast. don't know why it's just 60 days old.

can someone suggest if something is wrong

Attached Files:

18. Akshat Sehgal
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 27, 2021

19. G_plusone
    Nougat Oct 27, 2021

dom_k likes this.