[UNIFIED]OnePlus 9 pro Battery, heating and charging feedback thread

1. Gambit90
    Donut Apr 8, 2021

Gambit90 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Apr 8, 2021 :
    Hello Team,

I just bought my new phone OnePlus 9pro and it got delivered to me on 3rd April. Since then I am facing lot of heating issues while using the camera. When I did a full diagnosis using your OnePlus care app, it shows Battery Faulty. Its only 4days that I have used this phone. I paid 70k rupees for this phone and I want to understand why have you shipped me a faulty phone? Are you cheating your loyal customer? I want a replacement of this device as soon as possible or I am raising a consumer complaint in Consumer Court.
    1617883362780.jpg

1617883362800.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Maruti Textiles
    Cupcake Apr 8, 2021

Maruti Textiles , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Apr 8, 2021 :
    I'm getting the same problem every time I used to shoot a video even at 4k. This is disgusting and very much annoying.
    Very much disappointed with One plus.
    Never thought of having such a bad experience.

I'm writing this issue here again and also writing the steps to reproduce it along with the screenshots I have taken at the time of heating.

After getting feedback on my previous complaint , I have followed the same steps that you mentioned.

So, I have reproduced the steps that you have mentioned in the message you sent me in inbox and attaching here the screenshot for the problem occuring again and again.

The issues are mentioned below :-
    1. Even after doing 3 rd update (11.2.3.3.LE15DA) provided by the company, the phone is getting so much heated while shooting a video at 4k 30fps for just 2 mins.

2. This issue also occurs if I use camera in sunlight for around 5 mins. And the display also becomes less responsive when using phone in sunlight.

Please resolve it asap or get my phone replaced.

3. Due to this heating issue my warp charging is not working properly. And battery is draining too fast.

I have set all the setting to bare minimum and using phone in Dark mode for lesser battery consumption, still I get only 8 hrs of battery backup.

This is so horrible and disheartening that even after spending 70k Rs, we are getting a phone with so much issues. How had you done testing ?? This is a direct question on your brand value.
    This premium flagship phone does not have automatic call recording feature which is nowadays available in cheap phones of 15k range.

3. drl431
    Community Hero 2020 Apr 8, 2021

drl431 , Apr 8, 2021 :
    Hi, that is a bug with with the diagnostic app. There are already a number of threads about this.

4. camohan
    Moderator Moderator Apr 8, 2021

camohan , Apr 8, 2021 :
    Hi there, 33.5% is even less than the normal current temperature in most parts of India. As rightly pointed out by @drl431 there may be a fault with the app and not the phone.

In any case, if you wish to RMA your device you should reach out to support at www.oneplus.in/support and not Community forum.

drl431 likes this.

5. Gambit90
    Donut Apr 8, 2021

Okay, why is it overheating when clicking photos or shooting a video then? The other day, after taking 5photos the phone showed me a warning of overheating and then it did not allowed me to take more photos. Why?

6. Gambit90
    Donut Apr 8, 2021

Okay, why is it overheating when clicking photos or shooting a video then? The other day, after taking 5photos the phone showed me a warning of overheating and then it did not allowed me to take more photos. Why?

7. Ritik Verma1 , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Apr 8, 2021 :
    there is a temporary fix for this glitch. turn off/on reverse charging settings and you can see that the battery health shows up as good...but once you reboot your phone the fix will be gone
    Here I have used this

Sahib Chhabra likes this.
  8. drl431
    Community Hero 2020 Apr 8, 2021

drl431 , Apr 8, 2021 :
    After initial setup, or an update, allow 2 or 3 full battery cycles for the system to stabilize and complete its housekeeping. Also, charge the phone overnight, at least occasionally, to allow the system to calibrate battery usage.

9. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 8, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Apr 8, 2021 :
    High drain can mean more heat. So it would certainly be useful to monitor drain and disable/fix any troublemaking app. Using the camera on top over any other problem may just make it even hotter.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/battery-analysis-and-battery-drain-trouble-solving.1413430/

Maruti Textiles likes this.
  10. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 8, 2021

11. Ritik Verma1 , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Apr 8, 2021 :
    Yes battery life is terrible I have to charge it twice a day

12. L1617386072887
    Cupcake Apr 8, 2021

L1617386072887 , Apr 8, 2021 :
    The battery life is terrible.
    Twice a day when i attend a call, phone freezes, and doesnt unfreeze until the caller cuts the call.
    Overheating in normal use. I only use phone for calling , whatsapp. At times i fear my hear will get burn marks.

The only good feature of the phone is fast charging which of course is useful given the terrible battery life.

I should have stuck to the good old and cheap Mi instead of buying a overpriced phone.

13. dishant25
    Cupcake Apr 8, 2021

14. Kartik_Bhanderi
    Cupcake Apr 8, 2021

15. Sahib Chhabra , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Apr 8, 2021 :
    Yes
    The screen freezes. I've also encountered this thing while on the call.
    I guess these issues will be resolved by some future updates. Just the battery life is a major concern and LTPO is useless. Only watching videos reduces refresh rate to 60. And rest of the time it sticks at 120 hz.
    Hope OnePlus listen and get it fix ASAP