[UNIFIED]OnePlus 9 pro Battery, heating and charging feedback thread

1. MarkoBatrac
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 4, 2021

MarkoBatrac , Apr 4, 2021 :
    Hi all,

I know it is still early to state if battery is bad or good, but for now I am not so happy
    It heats really easy, with really minimum usage and it drains fast. It is really hard to get Sot over 4 h.

Comparing to my op8p , that is only issues which I had with this phone atm.

GPS, BT ,mobile data ,QHD, 120 Hz

Anyone have the same issue ?

Attached Files:

Fr33noX likes this.
  2. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 4, 2021

MarkoBatrac likes this.
  3. Caomhin

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 4, 2021 :
    If you have the phone for only a day, the phone is still setting up items in the background. And will also install some updates. This gives the phone a good workout in the first couple of days. Go through 2 to 3 full charge cycles. And then recheck how everything is functioning.

Let us know what it is like after those full charge cycles.

MarkoBatrac likes this.
  4. camohan
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Apr 4, 2021

camohan , Apr 4, 2021 :
    Hi there, there is a specific thread to discuss this. Maybe you can find some tricks over there.

Additionally, you may want to check the settings, battery, battery optimisation, click on top right dots, advanced optimisation and see if Sleep Standby Optimisation is turned on. If that is off, toggling it on can help a bit.

Also, the mobile network is known to be a battery hogger, if you have wifi you can try to see if connecting over wifi to the internet saved more battery.

Cheers.

Caoimhín likes this.
  5. ronyjohn01
    Honeycomb Apr 4, 2021

ronyjohn01 , via OnePlus 7 , Apr 4, 2021 :
    How many of you are facing heating issues with OnePlus 9 Pro????

Please dial *#800# and select on enter - > Select Tools From bottom menu -> Click on Charger - Share the Screenshot here.

ochingis, kriscool77 and ministry1978 like this.
  6. ronyjohn01
    Honeycomb Apr 4, 2021

Please dial *#800# and select on enter - > Select Tools From bottom menu -> Click on Charger - Share the Screenshot here.

ministry1978 likes this.
  7. ronyjohn01
    Honeycomb Apr 4, 2021

8. MarkoBatrac

Hi, thanks about that.

I have all of those battery optimizations on. Will see what next :)

Caoimhín and camohan like this.
  9. camohan
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Apr 4, 2021

Caoimhín and ronyjohn01 like this.
  10. ronyjohn01
    Honeycomb Apr 4, 2021

11. ronyjohn01
    Honeycomb Apr 4, 2021

How bro? Are you using OnePlus 9 Pro????? Was it showing overheat before for the battery??? How many times you charged your phone fully till now? And , when did you receive the device?

12. MarkoBatrac

Hi,
    Yes, using op9p. I got my device on Friday. 2 charges for now. Yes, it showed overheating before, when I looked on first day. Today it shows good only..maybe battery needs few cycles for full discharge and charge to 100%

13. Luxaly
    Froyo Apr 4, 2021

Luxaly , Apr 4, 2021 :
    did u charge via cable or wireless? wirless takes a bit longer cause its 50W for 65W it needs cable^^ also slower charge might happen cause of the phone regulating cause of heat^^ also there might be issues with the AOD wich also some reviewers reported on the 9Pro but not the 9 ... seems it runs AOD at 120Hz and doesnt use LTPO to reduce it to 1 Hz

ColinMcDrei likes this.
  14. Fr33noX
    Eclair Apr 4, 2021

Attached Files:

15. Ruqhaiya Taskeen
    Ice Cream Sandwich Staff Member Apr 4, 2021

Ruqhaiya Taskeen , Apr 4, 2021 :

For analyzing this better we would need more details to get this sorted at the earliest. We've reached out to you via Dm, please check for the same and help us with the requested details.

Regards,
    Ruqhaiya Taskeen

16. Swejuggalo

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Apr 4, 2021 :
    Just a note. The promised speed is under certain circumstances. Copy and paste. Point 13.

"The data comes from the OnePlus test laboratory. Test date: March 6, 2021. Test Environment Standards: Environmental ambient temperature: 25°C ± 1°C. Operating temperature of the phone when charging starts: 25°C ± 1°C. Test process: Charging commences from 1% with official OnePlus Warp Charge 65 charger. The screen stays off during the entire charging process. The OnePlus 9 Pro with Warp Charge 65 charges from 1-100% in 29 minutes, compared to the OnePlus 8T charging from 1-100% in 39 minutes. This translates to approximately 25% quicker charging despite peak wattage remaining the same at 65W. Actual performance experienced by users may vary based on the specific charging environment conditions."

https://www.oneplus.com/9-pro

If the device is not within the specified temperatures you get different results. Factors that matter, ambient temperature, background drain, idle temperature, case on or off, screen on or off...

17. Ruqhaiya Taskeen

We may have to check this further. Kindly check you're inbox we've dropped you a direct message. It'll be of great help if you could share the required information. 

Regards,
    Ruqhaiya Taskeen

18. Ruqhaiya Taskeen

We'd like to check this further and hence would require few more details regarding the issue. We've got in touch with you via personal conversation and hope you would be able to get back to us with the requested info.

Regards,
    Ruqhaiya Taskeen

MarkoBatrac likes this.
  19. Harshpreet12
    Cupcake Apr 4, 2021

Harshpreet12 , Apr 4, 2021 :
    Hello,
    I have already initiated the refund because my last date to return was 8th april and yesterday I went to the service center but they didn't had any idea as what to do and they asked me to wait for 2-3 days but after 2-3 days I cannot initiate the refund
    If you guys have any concrete idea as what to do
    please let me know as I've already reset it and paked again for return.

20. Swejuggalo

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Apr 4, 2021 :
    Plenty it seems. But for those that have issues I would recommend letting it settle in. Let it be for some charge cycles (let it self optimize at 100% connected to the charger once or twice). Look at possible background activities and reasons of why they might get unnecessary heat and so on.
    Could be many reasons that may need to be checked by either the user or devs via bug rapports.

1617529730428.jpg
    (in approx 20-21°C indoors)

I have tried to replicate, benchmark and test various situations. According to my tests I don't see it to be much different than 7 Pro or 8 Pro. Thermally it seems to hold pretty great in my tests. Comparable to a test I did on 8 Pro.

Here is a thermal throttling test done in a car at 20°C with no case on. Near identical to my previous 8 Pro.

View attachment 1584025
    My device is a clean install and manually optimized via adb shell. Simply letting it rest on the charger at 100% will eventually do the same thing though.

I'm pretty sure the possible optimizing newer updates will bring will give better results to many. Personally I don't see the need to worry about constant heat issues. Users living in for example India needs to take the hotter outdoor temperatures into consideration though. Higher ambient temperatures will naturally give you less thermal headroom for CPU intense tasks. It can only be battled with a more aggressive thermal throttling as far as I can see.

Caoimhín likes this.