[UNIFIED]OnePlus 9 pro Battery, heating and charging feedback thread

1. the_o2
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert May 13, 2021

the_o2 , May 13, 2021 :
    That's actually OnePlus care app's fault,

Just toggle reverse wireless charging option on and off and diagnose with that app again.

2. Swejuggalo

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , May 13, 2021 :
    How many networks completely lacks n41 and n78? And even when not being near 5G would the existing 4G in various countries be so bad? My peak on my carrier on 4G has been like 280Mbps (putting some 5G benchmarks to shame). Even higher at other places in my country according to other users tests on my carrier and other carriers.
    I might consider myself lucky to even get 5G this year. Not that I consider it a must. But more a fun thing to test and to start measure and compare power consumptions and such.
    My model (EU) lacks mmWave. And unless I keep the phone until 2025 or so I'll probably never get near it either unless I travel to a country that has it. I believe I would survive such an scenario 😜
    Anyway seriously... How many percent Indians would travel around feeling that their phone is worthless due to 2 bands and no mmWave?
    There is probably a similar cost vs actual use calculation behind that just as dropping mmWave is here

3. vsinha717
    Gingerbread May 13, 2021

vsinha717 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , May 13, 2021 :
    If you don't have access TO 5G networks it's your problem and let's not become country specific. Your vision and experience seems to be very low. Who the he'll r you to write about how Indians are and this is pure racial.
    Now I understand all this activity stems from. This is pure racism.

4. vsinha717
    Gingerbread May 13, 2021

I guess you have heard 5G Beta sites and ongoing 5G work. You knowledge seems to completely wrong. Pls this guy says 4G is better and 5g. Pls read about 5G and understand it first before writing nonsense. Do you know anything on 5G.

5. vsinha717
    Gingerbread May 13, 2021

6. Anaesthesian
    Cupcake May 13, 2021

Anaesthesian , via OnePlus 9 Pro , May 13, 2021 :
    Is been 6days now - On my Oneplus 9 Pro, When i get up in the morning it always feels warm and battery drain of 10% and more daily even nothing is On on background or and setting like wifi, bluetooth, and even I put it on 100% and put the phone aside for about 1 to 2 hours it drains 7% to 10% battery for no reason and also get over warm.
    I don't know what type of flagship is this.
    Do I made wrong decision to go on with Oneplus. (Like after buying the 9 Pro Oneplus states that can't do anything for 5g 🤣)
    Back then I was flawlessly recommend the Oneplus to anyone literally anyone.
    Do fix this issue or I doubt about recommending to any one.

vsinha717 likes this.
  7. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator May 13, 2021

pablofg1978 , May 13, 2021 :
    Thread merged

Anaesthesian likes this.
  8. Swejuggalo

So you are saying that 100% Indians can afford travel around the globe and absolutely needs global coverage on all 5G networks and bands? Even in Sweden 100% don't even leave the country!
    How is this racism and not simply seeing from a economical point of view? Why do you choose to victimise yourself this way?
    Give me facts about how badly Indians needs mmWave and stats about how many that will travel to a mmWave region during the lifetime of the device. And then see that as a point of view of the phone maker that needs to cut some costs to make the device cheaper in India.

9. Anaesthesian
    Cupcake May 13, 2021

10. Swejuggalo

So several T-mobile users experiences and benchmarks on both 7 and 8 series were all tests sites?
    I'm not saying 4G always is better. But I'm saying 5G is not always better at all locations at all times. All bands and locations are not a mind-blowing upgrade of speed.
    The existence of 5G sounds to you like 4G is total crap. Is 280Mbps total crap? Tell that to those that live in areas where the network barely can give 1Mbps despite full 4G signal.
    And even if upgrading to 5G and the towers needs to serve a ton of people with sucky network backbone... Where would the amazing speed come from? 5G is not some kind of magic that makes you life so much better.

11. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator May 13, 2021

pablofg1978 , May 13, 2021 :
    Thread merged

12. vsinha717
    Gingerbread May 13, 2021

Have u ever heard about a global workforce or band changing for highest speed. Or operator agreement for local connectivity. Availability of band in each country and latching to the fastest speed. I guess not other wise this debate would have been happened.

13. vsinha717
    Gingerbread May 13, 2021

14. vsinha717
    Gingerbread May 13, 2021

What is wrong with you. U r asking me for data of India. Where have 1 said about India. If you re read my messages. In every message it pertains only to my phone. You r just responding for the heck of it. Wow?????????

15. vsinha717
    Gingerbread May 13, 2021

The temperature goes 45°C and we r still waiting for a solution.

Anaesthesian likes this.
  16. Caomhin

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , May 13, 2021 :
    Here are some tips to Optimise the use of your phone. This may help with many phone issues.
    By @TheMystic
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/updated-2021-setting-up-your-phone-for-best-experience.1415175/

If you don't see any improvement after trying the suggestions given. Please send Bug reports and give Feedback on the issues back to the OnePlus OOS developers. So that they can investigate them. Thank you.

Community App Feedback tool
    https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

You can also contact [email protected]

Anaesthesian and the_o2 like this.
  17. oTeMpLo
    Gingerbread May 13, 2021

18. Ultradyong
    Gingerbread May 14, 2021

Ultradyong , via OnePlus 9 Pro , May 14, 2021 :
    Send so many reports and still no response for an update to address the battery issues, it is like the research and development team have no solution for the users of Oneplus devices. It is like they track you as you send a bug report each and every time you use the device you have purchase from them.

19. shwetank raj
    Froyo May 14, 2021

shwetank raj , via OnePlus 9 Pro , May 14, 2021 :
    Hello GUYS,

PHONE IS STILL HEATING UP . WHILE USING CAMERA BOTH, MAPS, BLUETOOTH SOMETIMES, HOTSPOT, GAMES LIKE HELL. ABOVE 35 °C IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.
    OTA UPDATE FOR HEATING UP IS BADLY NEEDED.

PhotoPicker and Aayushman2003 like this.
  20. Kenas96
    Froyo May 14, 2021

Kenas96 , May 14, 2021 :
    First, read in the dictionary what the word racism means. Secondly, I do not agree with the 5g network. I travel on business to Poland, Germany, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Russia and I have practically no problems with the 5G network anywhere. According to the active network map, where I am supposed to have 5g, I have 5g. Another issue of heating. I checked on the free whether the applications gave the real temperature and unfortunately not. The external meter shows me 30 degrees, and the application when fully used 32. And I will repeat myself. If the device does not meet the manufacturer's requirements, the device can be returned. In Europe, it works great, so in such India it should work all the more, as long as you don't buy a counterfeit from some unknown distributor.