[UNIFIED]OnePlus 9 pro Battery, heating and charging feedback thread

1. Surendrapedapudi
    Cupcake May 15, 2021

Surendrapedapudi , via OnePlus 9 Pro , May 15, 2021 :
    What the **** is this waste mobile spended 70 k
    when we keeping display settings in 120 hz mode the battery life is draining very very fast .may be in camera this may be too but .in battery life it is worst ever .very terrible.battery drain very fast.wate of upgrading from 8 to 9 series

2. Kenas96
    Froyo May 15, 2021

Kenas96 , May 15, 2021 :
    First of all, the function that measures it only shows 60 and 120 Hz, so you can't measure it if you have 1hz screen ... Second, don't spam with nonsense, just read the topic more ... You don't think anything.

3. vsinha717
    Gingerbread May 15, 2021

vsinha717 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , May 15, 2021 :
    The phone is heating upto 45°C and I no reason why OnePlus should not look into. The sad part is that people without understanding will just jump on and start sayings user issue. It's my phone I paid for it and if it heats up. Why is this a problem. I beats me. This ofcouse 5G is an issue for me. It may not be for anyone else so why comment. Peoples personal bias comes to the fore. This by the way OnePlus sells 3 times more phones in India then the entire EU puts across. Now they are calling OnePlus as fake and duplicate because my phone was bought directly. Learn to respect culture is all I can say. We never are country specific and we deal with individuals directly. Really sorry to the such callous behavior. Pls change your microscopic view and learn to respect see the larger scenario.

4. vsinha717
    Gingerbread May 15, 2021

The countries you have travelled in are equivalent not to even half the size of India. And you r writing which shows your ignorance and and with no understanding about mobility. It's very difficulty to take I guess. If you have not seen it it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Very difficult to take it eh???.
    I know what racism is and it is better that you understand it properly. There so many guys who hung up, how can they say this is happening when it is not from me. This is such an expensive phone and this cannot have any problems.

5. vsinha717
    Gingerbread May 15, 2021

Oneplus have you hired these guys to speak for you. Why r these guys getting personal to country region. Pls look into this because if I hear another word about I would take this up personally and thru official channel. Who r these guys to tell me that my phone is fake. Did u tell them this becoz I have bought this phone from OnePlus. verifiable by my invoice and imei.

6. vsinha717
    Gingerbread May 15, 2021

7. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert May 15, 2021

Swejuggalo , May 15, 2021 :
    Humorous trigger warning below 🤡

Greetings thy superior world traveler. Let those who are beneath you to live in peace and instead seek the Holy grail of solutions via www.oneplus.com/support .
    The product unworthiness of being in your highness hands could have been avoided by consulting with an oracle and reading thy sheet of truth.
    Thy countrymen who have come forward having avoided being possessed by dragons in the holy product must have been enchanted by the creator of who's name is to powerful to say out loud.
    Let thy rejuvenating signals of 5G make you live for ever and may your quest for the unworldly superior device be an success in the next 500 years or so. Say hi to Dr Who next you you meet him.

On a more serious note...
    People here are mostly regular users. What is it that you attempt to get back here by calling people names an claim them being this or that? What kind of solution do you really expect if you don't seek it properly?
    If you realized the product did not mach your expectations too late why not replace it?

8. vsinha717
    Gingerbread May 15, 2021

Who r you???? Really pinches??? Can't take it. Now you speak the right language. Amen.
    I didn't ask anything from you. But you don't have anything to do you get into things. With half baked knowledge.
    By the way log files are sent to oneplus some 3 weeks ago. But they don't respond and tell guys like you to respond. Pits

9. vsinha717
    Gingerbread May 15, 2021

Learn some etiquette and always remember that the world is bigger than what you see and respect it. Didn't they teach you at school anything. Do not comment on country, region et all. Even basics missing and a know all attitude with no base. The net is full of people who wear this hat of know all attitude and go around proclaiming as experts. You wrote about India it is fine and I repond and it makes you so......

10. Swejuggalo

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , May 15, 2021 :
    You make it impossible to have a serious normal conversion and discussion. Your attack people and call them names and claim them to do dirty work for Oneplus.
    If you can't stand someone not agreeing with you and act easily offended why even post here? Are you expecting agreements only and a pat on your shoulder with people sheer on you? Are you expecting help and a solution by attacking people that don't agree with everything?

There are many that complains over various things but they are still trying stuff and can be discussed with at a normal level. Feel free to be as much of an *** as possible against Oneplus. But what have other users that also bought their devices done to deserve to get your frustration and anger poured over them?
    I'm just a regular guy that is very active here and trying to help. I do it on my own free time and is not paid. I have my own option just like you do.

I don't expect much in reply. You probably just attack me again.
    Don't want a discussion? Don't start one.

11. vsinha717
    Gingerbread May 15, 2021

Not able to take it eh. Who the.. asked your suggestion. It's nice to see at least now that you have not mentioned my country. Is this your personal community. Do you see the no of heating issues coming up everywhere. If oneplus addressed this would have stopped. Who r you to tell me to stop complaining about it. Delusions of grandeur. If you don't want this communication you better stop writing instead of telling me. So you r the social service kind of a guy or the social technical help guy who has technical understanding ability to say that heating is due to user apps and we don't know how to use it. I am confused.

12. superplus
    Head Moderator Head Moderator May 15, 2021

superplus , May 15, 2021 :
    I have moved your post here from the AMA with Hasselblad Master - Nabil Rosman thread, where it was off-topic (please see Rule 2.3 of the forums' Terms & Rules).

If you provide some more specifics, concerning for example which applications are draining how much battery in which situations, you might be able to receive some useful feedback from your fellow forum members.

13. Swejuggalo

Swejuggalo , May 15, 2021 :
    I never said heat issues don't exists. They do exist, for many even, regardless of region or model used. Some even have double drain in idle mode by simply looking at battery drain stats, compared to my own devices. Some even have very clear proof of something misbehaving. Why is the question. Several Indians have said they don't have any heat issues, so it's not all devices with Indian firmware that has issues either (my joke about "being possessed by dragons"). Personally I'd call that proof of it being a bit too simplified to claim all issues are due to Oneplus. Could be many factors that matter and makes the difference between a nicely working device and a badly working one. Could be hardware issues (would involve a warranty errand). Could be an issue triggered in the OS (would need a closer look of why it happens for you but not everyone). Could also be issues caused by the apps that is installed (the triggers needs to be found and fixed by app devs or both app dev and Oneplus).
    In my case for example. I always start clean when changing device. Never restore "previous device" data during setup nor using Oneplus Switch. I copy a few files manually. That is it.
    What to do about it if you don't want to investigate it yourself is to contact support. Just reporting it and send logs leaves you waiting for future updates and at most they ask for further logs in one way or an other.
    If you want a more direct attempt of an solution try the chat option. You might be able to schedule a remote session with them for example so they can take a closer look and for example reflash the device via msm-tool. Since many don't have heat issues wouldn't you agree that a solution without waiting for next update could be a possibility?
    Even if this does not solve it you should get a service errand number. This can after some time be forwarded by me or any other person that tries to help around here so your errands gets elevated by CS.

This would be a much better way than just be angry and frustrated and take it out on everyone else here...

My guide.
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...heating-and-charging-feedback-thread.1412143/

tobias14 likes this.
  14. Ultradyong
    Gingerbread May 15, 2021

Ultradyong , via OnePlus 9 Pro , May 15, 2021 :
    I leave my screen on while taking photos and videos as well as playing a game online by mobile data has cause the phone to overheat while the screen is on standby mode. Does this cause the phone to overheat, it has a bug in the chip that has not been solve at all. The online game is Pokemon Go, I only take it for a walk about 3 to 4 hours and battery drainage and overheating is still an issue. I didn't use to play games all the time, sometimes taking photos and videos drain the device battery like a vampire that sucks the victim dry like a dead person without a single drop of blood in the body.

15. paramjit2001
    Honeycomb May 15, 2021

16. SanjayBalu , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , May 15, 2021 :
    I have problems with battery and heating I used my phone for 3.5 hours since full charge with intervals and my charge is at 27 and with 20 min of gaming my phone is at 42°C.

Gallery is slow

Even after unlocking there's always a banner telling me unlock for all features and data

My last phone was OnePlus 7 pro and it was the best phone ever I had it for 2 years I had no battery or heating issues the phone was good as new when I bought my 9 pro,it never slowed down and the software was perfect..

17. vsinha717
    Gingerbread May 15, 2021

Based on oneplus official support centre solution abt 3 weeks back to the above problem is to go into recovery and clear cache and issue would be resolved. Nothing happened. About 3 weeks back some 3 guys sent DM to me to help resolve it. Shared log files and continuous followup yielded no results. Then a 4rth guy asked for log files and same process. Then came the display. While watching netflix the display went wild white grainy screen. I thought the phone was gone. Used feedback to highlight it. Now again no response.
    Now comes the response of yesterday during my discussion(chat) with oneplus support.
    Asked them again for solution they said clear cache since the functionality OS parts are not updated or works on the previous workflow it is always better to clear cache so the new functionality can operate smoothly. This is why it is always better to clear cache when OS gets updated and some apps which are crashing we clear cache to get it working again. then discussed regarding data transfer no issues with it either. They categorically mentioned that restoring backup of call logs, messages and contacts are not an issue at all and are a basic functionality for all phones. So I asked them this phone has the best configurations from the hardware perspective so why is this happening. We will get back. So waiting for their response.

18. Swejuggalo

How does the banner look? Something seems very off on your device. Never any issues with unlock on mine.
    Were you on 10 or 11 on 7 Pro? Did you transfer all apps and settings via Switch or start from scratch?
    I always start clean with no transfers apart some files I copy back from online storage.
    When it comes to battery you might want to take a look at my guide.
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/battery-analysis-and-battery-drain-trouble-solving.1413430/

19. SanjayBalu , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , May 15, 2021 :
    1621103497035.jpg
    This is how it looks
    I transfer my photos and videos from OnePlus switch other than that I started everything from scratch

Swejuggalo likes this.
  20. Swejuggalo

Normally caches are rebuilt when necessary. Doing a wipe mostly forces the system to recreate them and using more resources until building them up and thus it could generate more heat until done. While it's not impossible that it fixes a problem sometimes it can also create one (rebuild and higher level of heat during that time). One of the links in my guide describes caches and the optimizing process.
    I never wipe caches. I follow the ideas described in my guide and verify the the device has finished a background optimize via the bg-dexopt-job command I mention. An optimized device takes like 2 minutes to finish. A not optimized device can take more than 30 minutes depending on amount of apps.
    If doing a major version upgrade like switching OS version from 10 to 11 I do a factory reset and don't use either "previous device" data during setup nor a backup from Switch. I simply reinstall apps manually.
    The same thing when moving to a new device. I only copy a few files manually via Onedrive. I let all contacts sync via the Google account.
    I prefer the manual ways and not want to risk any conflicts or additional issues. Some cases of Switch transfers have created issues for some. For example one user that had an Huawei. Some Huawei specific apps also got transferred. He suffered from random reboots. Eventually it was found that the Huawei apps was the cause. Removing those got rid of the issue.
    A minimal transfer like messages and stuff like you mentioned should not cause an issue though.
    And regarding the Netflix issue. I've been trying hard to replicate this issue but failed. I've also been trying to help a other user that simply got his device wiped by support but never got an solution to this specific issue. He has been able to capture the bug while happing and sent it to the bughunters. It's not possible to do the screenshot step of the log collection though (or at least not for him. When it happens it's already too late)... I forwarded his errand via a staff member. Have you received some type of service number at the first contact with support?