1. paramjit2001
    Honeycomb May 15, 2021

2. PhotoPicker
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Nord 2 May 15, 2021

RohanSajeev likes this.
  3. Bhaskar243
    Froyo May 15, 2021

Bhaskar243 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , May 15, 2021 :
    Yeah I am waiting for next update to fix heating issue on 9 pro by the way one more thing display of 9 pro is good as compared to 8 pro which has so many issue but whenever I saw the camera it feels like there is hole punch banding though it is not visible unlike 8 pro which has clear hole punch banding whats your thought

4. SanjayBalu , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , May 15, 2021 :
    I have problems with battery and heating I used my phone for 3.5 hours since full charge with intervals and my charge is at 27 and with 20 min of gaming my phone is at 42°C.

Gallery is slow

Even after unlocking there's always a banner telling me unlock for all features and data

My last phone was OnePlus 7 pro and it was the best phone ever I had it for 2 years I had no battery or heating issues the phone was good as new when I bought my 9 pro,it never slowed down and the software was perfect..

5. vsinha717
    Gingerbread May 15, 2021

vsinha717 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , May 15, 2021 :
    Based on oneplus official support centre solution abt 3 weeks back to the above problem is to go into recovery and clear cache and issue would be resolved. Nothing happened. About 3 weeks back some 3 guys sent DM to me to help resolve it. Shared log files and continuous followup yielded no results. Then a 4rth guy asked for log files and same process. Then came the display. While watching netflix the display went wild white grainy screen. I thought the phone was gone. Used feedback to highlight it. Now again no response.
    Now comes the response of yesterday during my discussion(chat) with oneplus support.
    Asked them again for solution they said clear cache since the functionality OS parts are not updated or works on the previous workflow it is always better to clear cache so the new functionality can operate smoothly. This is why it is always better to clear cache when OS gets updated and some apps which are crashing we clear cache to get it working again. then discussed regarding data transfer no issues with it either. They categorically mentioned that restoring backup of call logs, messages and contacts are not an issue at all and are a basic functionality for all phones. So I asked them this phone has the best configurations from the hardware perspective so why is this happening. We will get back. So waiting for their response.

6. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert May 15, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , May 15, 2021 :
    How does the banner look? Something seems very off on your device. Never any issues with unlock on mine.
    Were you on 10 or 11 on 7 Pro? Did you transfer all apps and settings via Switch or start from scratch?
    I always start clean with no transfers apart some files I copy back from online storage.
    When it comes to battery you might want to take a look at my guide.
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/battery-analysis-and-battery-drain-trouble-solving.1413430/

7. SanjayBalu , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , May 15, 2021 :
    1621103497035.jpg
    This is how it looks
    I transfer my photos and videos from OnePlus switch other than that I started everything from scratch

Swejuggalo likes this.
  8. Swejuggalo

Normally caches are rebuilt when necessary. Doing a wipe mostly forces the system to recreate them and using more resources until building them up and thus it could generate more heat until done. While it's not impossible that it fixes a problem sometimes it can also create one (rebuild and higher level of heat during that time). One of the links in my guide describes caches and the optimizing process.
    I never wipe caches. I follow the ideas described in my guide and verify the the device has finished a background optimize via the bg-dexopt-job command I mention. An optimized device takes like 2 minutes to finish. A not optimized device can take more than 30 minutes depending on amount of apps.
    If doing a major version upgrade like switching OS version from 10 to 11 I do a factory reset and don't use either "previous device" data during setup nor a backup from Switch. I simply reinstall apps manually.
    The same thing when moving to a new device. I only copy a few files manually via Onedrive. I let all contacts sync via the Google account.
    I prefer the manual ways and not want to risk any conflicts or additional issues. Some cases of Switch transfers have created issues for some. For example one user that had an Huawei. Some Huawei specific apps also got transferred. He suffered from random reboots. Eventually it was found that the Huawei apps was the cause. Removing those got rid of the issue.
    A minimal transfer like messages and stuff like you mentioned should not cause an issue though.
    And regarding the Netflix issue. I've been trying hard to replicate this issue but failed. I've also been trying to help a other user that simply got his device wiped by support but never got an solution to this specific issue. He has been able to capture the bug while happing and sent it to the bughunters. It's not possible to do the screenshot step of the log collection though (or at least not for him. When it happens it's already too late)... I forwarded his errand via a staff member. Have you received some type of service number at the first contact with support?

9. Swejuggalo

10. shwetank raj
    Froyo May 15, 2021

shwetank raj , via OnePlus 9 Pro , May 15, 2021 :
    I have contacted OP SUPPORT ON TWITTER,

INITIALLY TOLD BABY STEPS THEN TO RESET PHONE THEN AT LAST THEY ASKED TO WAIT FOR UPDATE AND SENT FEEDBACK TO CONCERNED TEAM.

HOPE THIS WILL WORK

11. Swejuggalo

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Morning Mist , May 15, 2021 :
    Hmm..
    Could it be some of those being in the background is in the status bar? That could possibly be an explanation of why you need to unlock twice. A locked app is already running in that case.

12. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator May 15, 2021

pablofg1978 , May 15, 2021 :
    Thread merged

shwetank raj likes this.
  13. oTeMpLo
    Gingerbread May 15, 2021

14. Swejuggalo

Problem is why it happens for some but not everyone. I took a walk and recorded 4k 120 fps the full 5 minutes. 18-19°C in the shades. Had a Sandstone case on. Battery raised from 23°C to 26°C. Pretty decent I'd say.

Don't know if using high efficiency codec can make a difference. I always use that.
    And then we have all the other possible reasons some phones could be hotter even before actually doing anything with it.
    Some seems to have a rather elevated idle activity for example.

PhotoPicker likes this.
  15. oTeMpLo
    Gingerbread May 15, 2021

oTeMpLo , via OnePlus 9 Pro , May 15, 2021 :
    Never got more than 2.5 minutes of 4k 120fps..

J1565093544633 and PhotoPicker like this.
  16. Swejuggalo

17. Swejuggalo

Bruno Lugnani likes this.
  18. PhotoPicker
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Nord 2 May 16, 2021

PhotoPicker , via OnePlus 9 Pro Morning Mist , May 16, 2021 :
    Outside temperature also plays crucial role in heating.
    If you're shooting 8k 30fps or 4k120fps in a sunny day the device will get hot within 2-3 minutes. It won't get hot while in a drizzling weather.

J1565093544633 and RohanSajeev like this.
  19. Bruno Lugnani
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 16, 2021

Bruno Lugnani , via OnePlus 9 Pro , May 16, 2021 :
    exactly since also 9 Pro has top range speed, processor and general features and performances

PhotoPicker likes this.