[UNIFIED]OnePlus 9 pro Battery, heating and charging feedback thread

1. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert May 15, 2021

2. shwetank raj
    Froyo May 15, 2021

shwetank raj , via OnePlus 9 Pro , May 15, 2021 :
    I have contacted OP SUPPORT ON TWITTER,

INITIALLY TOLD BABY STEPS THEN TO RESET PHONE THEN AT LAST THEY ASKED TO WAIT FOR UPDATE AND SENT FEEDBACK TO CONCERNED TEAM.

HOPE THIS WILL WORK

3. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert May 15, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Morning Mist , May 15, 2021 :
    Hmm..
    Could it be some of those being in the background is in the status bar? That could possibly be an explanation of why you need to unlock twice. A locked app is already running in that case.

4. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator May 15, 2021

pablofg1978 , May 15, 2021 :
    Thread merged

shwetank raj likes this.
  5. shwetank raj
    Froyo May 16, 2021

6. vsinha717
    Gingerbread May 16, 2021

vsinha717 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , May 16, 2021 :
    A phone with the specification of 9 Pro should not have issues related to heat which cause maximum damage to hardware and more importantly 45°C is really hot for small kids in the house. You can have various bugs in a phone solvable by various options apps or update or . But if the problem is with hardware, then nothing can be done. If any of you recall Qualcomm 810 handsets in 2015 like HTC M9. TO get the heat down we tried various options which included using custom kernels, roms, various cpu level hacks by underclocking CPU or by stopping one /two cores. But nothing worked because it was a fault of the chip. I hope that my phones heat is due to a defective piece. Because even today after using my phone for 45 days the standby heat is at 36°C. Looking at the sheer volume of heating issues maybe they did not test it enough in various scenarios or conditions such as ambient temperature. I do not want to keep looking at my phone for temp or not do data transfer. Or keep only stock apps because any other app will result in battery drain or heating. If a particular app is draining the battery oneplus has sotution for it by way of advanced optimization and the notificatication will be displayed. They said that optimized charging keeps track all activities. Identification of maglinent apps or battery drainer are inbuilt with algorithms to immediately identify such apps.

7. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert May 16, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , May 16, 2021 :
    Hot for a SoC would be like 80°C (it starts thermal throttling around that temperature). Hot for a battery would be like 45°C (fast charging stops being allowed then)
    Hot for the hands under a longer period of time would start at around 45°C (tissue damage possible under extended period of time).
    I always have a case on myself. That makes it more pleasant to hold even under heavy workloads like gaming.
    SD888 seems to be one of Qualcomms hotter SoCs. You can for example compare results on 3dmark Wildlife stress test results to see how it acts compared to other SoCs. The more important reasons to keep the system well optimized to keep it within reasonable levels, especially when the ambient temperature can be high.

I owned one of those hot SoCs of the past but did never really notice an issue... The most recent phone I had issues with was the Sony XZ3 though (an extremely clear hot spot near SoC and really awful thermal throttling benchmarks). Other than that I can't really remember a heat related issue on any phone unless counting 8 Pro on a blazing hot day at the beach in direct sun light (but that was an intended test to see if I could reach warning levels)

8. John J Moss Jr
    Gingerbread May 17, 2021

9. rohitvenkatv
    Cupcake May 17, 2021

rohitvenkatv , May 17, 2021 :
    Got a brand new OnePlus 9Pro yesterday and immediately started noticing that the battery is draining way to fast. Not sure if this is something others are noticing too or is it just my phone.

10. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert May 17, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , May 17, 2021 :
    When brand new nothing really is optimized. It may both need some days of usage and charge cycles to optimize and learn your usage.
    You might also want to look at your battery stats to exclude any misbehaving apps.

11. rohitvenkatv
    Cupcake May 17, 2021

The battery stats seem fine as of now. But thanks for letting me know about the optimization. Will wait it out a couple of days and see how it goes.

12. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert May 17, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , May 17, 2021 :
    Even if the stats may look nice it could look worse if looking on the full stats, like for example Android System and OS drain.

If given enough time on the charger it will also do an optimize automatically. Manual ways and more info in my guide.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/battery-analysis-and-battery-drain-trouble-solving.1413430/

13. rohitvenkatv
    Cupcake May 17, 2021

Does this look normal to you? I just switched to android from ios. So a bit new to this. Thanks for the help

Attached Files:

14. Q1529578326872 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , May 17, 2021 :
    I have updated my one plus 9pro to Oxygen OS 11.2.5.5.LE15DA since 10 days.
    Before that my phone is charging within 30-35 minutes from 1 to 100% .
    But after updating now it takes 47 to 50minutes approx to go from 1% to 100%.
    I have noted the time many times with the help of stopwatch which is close to 50minutes average every time.
    One of the strongest USP of one plus is gone somewhere
    Does anyone also facing the same issue.
    One plus official kindly see into this matter.
    Note I have also tries it after switching off the optimized charging option also.
    Screenshot is attached

View attachment 1627647

faiz.marvel likes this.
  15. N1602406107837
    Eclair May 18, 2021

N1602406107837 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , May 18, 2021 :
    There is no bad use... every thing is correct...I know how to use a phone... The technicians in service centre accepted that problem is there in many phones regarding battery drainage and heat .. after this there is no point of discussion regarding usage. When you buy premium phone, you expect it to work flawlessly without wasting your time on tweaking, optimising etc etc...I should have purchased s21 ultra.

16. N1602406107837
    Eclair May 18, 2021

Don't waste your time on all these things. Many people are experiencing this battery drainage problem..It is there since the day i purchase this phone. I went to service center within a week. They accepted that yes battery problem is there and so many people are experiencing it but it will improve after updates but the problem is same even after 3 Updates... after the .4.4 update, it improved but again after the latest .5.5 it has worsened. Some of the people here are trying to misguide by saying that your usage must be wrong but that is not the case. You should have stayed with iOS .. because if this problem is not resolved by updates , then our 70k have gone in vain.

17. N1602406107837
    Eclair May 18, 2021

No, nothing is required. If the device is flawless then it will give proper battery backup from day 1. Because going by your logic, every other phone in this world was giving bad battery backup when it was new but it improved over time...this logic itself is senseless. Please don't misguide people.

18. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert May 18, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Morning Mist , May 18, 2021 :
    All this info, actual code behind background optimizing and cache build-up and stuff... All bullshit and fake code?
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...alibration-myths-busted.993896/#post-19895569

19. shwetank raj
    Froyo May 18, 2021