[UNIFIED]OnePlus 9 pro Battery, heating and charging feedback thread

1. paby.K
    Froyo Jul 20, 2021

2. mohamadadibadwaa , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jul 20, 2021 :
    Already done.
    Tq.
    Hopefully they do smthng bout this.
    I read theres others counter the overheating problem.
    Most phone using sd 888 is having this issue.
    Not only OnePlus.

3. Niklasg85
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 20, 2021

4. Niklasg85

5. Niklasg85

Niklasg85 , Jul 20, 2021 :
    Yes... And it seems that there are no response from OnePlus, even after thoose clearly problems.

6. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jul 20, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jul 20, 2021 :
    If you are that concerned and require a response then a User Community is not the place to get it.

Contact OnePlus Support directly. It's up to you whether you wish to do that or not. But as this is a User forum, you might be a long time here and get no response.

Scroll down the OnePlus Support page for Email, Phone contact and online Chat details.
    https://www.oneplus.com/support

7. Niklasg85

Yes have been i contact with them already it's the first contact i take. Then you can clearly see that there is a lot of others that has the same problem.

The support do inform me that OnePlus has a huge backlog of units that needs repair or will be replaced. My phone is transported between different service centers because of no resources in their own service center and the cause is maybe this massive storm of complaints of either faulty units.
    Iam not sure they will be able to fix thoose heat problems on these new units, the future will tell.
    There would be kind if they atleast tell us if they will "try" or if they won't fix the faulty units or the heat problems.
    If there is no solution or non working in progress, we can all drop the phones. i will because mine i doesn't dare to use and the cause is that you can feel in the room that it smells burn after you for an example record a video.
    the lack of response is making atleast me a little bit scared.

heartagramm likes this.
  8. Caomhin

Hopefully your issue can be resolved by support as soon as possible. 👍

9. Niklasg85

I don't know, i do not expect any action but, I think they are buying themselves time as they have not been given guidelines on how to solve these problems. If they can even be solved by repair.

That's my own thoughts😭

The time will tell...

heartagramm likes this.
  10. Caomhin

Maybe not, but they may also be waiting on Snapdragon and or others to see if they can supply a solution too. Or maybe even Android 12 possibly to see what that brings to the table as well as regards resource management or possibly a combination of these and others.

Personally I thin Android 11 is the cause of a lot of issues, especially with other apps. There are millions of apps to be made compatible. And maybe their new rules for developers may bring the resource issues back into line with Android 12. We'll have to wait and see.

Niklasg85 likes this.
  11. Diogo_Reis
    Cupcake Jul 20, 2021

Diogo_Reis , Jul 20, 2021 :
    I did buy the 12gb Ram version about 4 days ago and already sent to the repair service to make a replacement because of the heating issues, its kinda lame whats going on in oneplus devices hope to get a good unit device but i think this problem its all about software and oneplus didnt yet get a sollution for this, when you buy a Flagship phone at least you should record 4K 60fps without timelimit and not overheating and play games and the temp. gets about 43ºc and 44ºc the normal for gaming should be 40ºc i did play at 120FPS and did get 45ºc the phone was really hot... but the phone is very good in other terms but for me the issue is the heating, all other things about oneplus devices are top notch!

12. mohamadadibadwaa , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jul 20, 2021 :
    I heard this one before.
    But the question is `when`?
    So in the mean time, op9 user have to suffer bcs of their sake?
    To me this is major problem, its a flagship phone though.
    What if the time they come with solution, the phone is damage?
    Will they take rspnsblty?
    They should come with solution ASAP.

13. Caomhin

Do you expects us users to give you an answer to when and anything else you need to direct to OnePlus Directly. If you want Support, then go to the OnePlus Support website. Maybe someone there can answer some or all of your questions and you can give them your suggestions.
    Scroll down the page for Email, Phone contact and online Chat details.
    https://www.oneplus.com/support