[UNIFIED]OnePlus 9 pro Battery, heating and charging feedback thread

1. vsinha717
    Gingerbread Jul 28, 2021

vsinha717 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jul 28, 2021 :
    There are no solutions and solution given by oneplus is absurd. Upgrade to nord2.

2. B1518842302003 , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Jul 28, 2021 :
    Worst battery ever.. I am getting 4 hours screen on time from full charge to 1%.
    Payed a huge amount and bought a phone with no battery backup. Regretting for buying oneplus for the first time.
    And the sad part is oneplus is not able to figure out why 9 series is draining battery like anything..
    After the latest update 11.2.8.8, battery is draining more faster than before.
    OnePlus need to come up with a solution to optimise the software and save battery...
    Hope they will do it in the next upgrade,i.e. Android 12.

GxdessXfMischief and zaki.dhange like this.
  3. B1518842302003 , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Jul 28, 2021 :
    Whenever a oneplus user post a complaint on battery draining, oneplus care will come up with a screenshot of battery chart or app battery usage...
    Dear oneplus, I am using oneplus since long and I know all those things. Still I am complaining means there is something wrong at your end. Not only me.. You can see many threads and comment saying the same.
    Don't act foolish. Come up with a solution soon or you are going to loose the market soon with this 9 series lauch.

GxdessXfMischief and zaki.dhange like this.

4. angelolombardo
    Donut Jul 29, 2021

5. Nakata24
    Froyo Jul 30, 2021

Nakata24 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jul 30, 2021 :
    ill try with screen off and let you know.

6. P1627405893363
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2021

7. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jul 30, 2021

8. CS1989 and angelolombardo like this.
  9. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jul 30, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Jul 30, 2021 :
    Some don't really have a issue... Some have a lot. If the ambient temp is not the factor that makes it much harder for some to remain cool there must be something else. So I'd say it's worth taking a look and see if something is not running well or if a underlying error causes a problem.
    If excluding all factors it would also be easier to report issues or possible get the device checked. Investigating and spend some time on it is better than just waiting. Some cases might be solved by the user. Some won't.

All drain and all heat is not always just a Oneplus issue. Many times it's much more things behind it.

10. MirceaForce
    Gingerbread Jul 30, 2021

MirceaForce , Jul 30, 2021 :
    yes in standby over night 10% drain doing nothing

11. Nakata24
    Froyo Jul 30, 2021

12. ad1575
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2021

ad1575 , Jul 30, 2021 :
    OnePlus 9 Pro battery drainage is bad and has been like that since day 1. Furthermore the battery won't charge more than 50%. Costumer service is worse. Calling the helpline doesn't help, you explain and explain they only offer a repair, after putting the phone down on me twice. How is that going to work? I bought the phone in April, now they say because the problem was not reported until now it is too late for a replacement so they will repair the phone. Worst mistake buying a OnePlus phone that I have ever made, nearly a £1000 worth of kit for nothing. I reply to emails from oneplus support they say I haven't. Don't buy a OnePlus 9 Pro phone

13. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jul 31, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Jul 31, 2021 :
    During your early contacts there was never a type of case ID or service number? That would prove you tried to get it solved early on.

If factory reset, with no restored backup or installed apps... Still not possible to go beyond 50% battery? That would exclude any type of software issue.

14. Swejuggalo

15. Swejuggalo

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Jul 31, 2021 :
    Higher drain, more heat and possibly slower charge. If you can find what is draining the other 2 might be solved.

16. zaki.dhange
    Cupcake Jul 31, 2021

zaki.dhange , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jul 31, 2021 :
    I had used OP 7 pro & 7Tpro as well for years. Now have bought new 9pro. Worst upgrade & battery drains issue is noticed. Cam help it. OP has to act & resolve the problem. Even the pricing of 9pro now is found to be faltu.

17. zaki.dhange
    Cupcake Jul 31, 2021

zaki.dhange , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jul 31, 2021 :
    Even the phone keeps getting hot automatically upon normal usage of daily apps. Not even high end gaming. Old OP models of series 6 & 7 are found to be upto the mark.

18. SanjayBalu
    Cupcake Jul 31, 2021