[UNIFIED]OnePlus 9 pro Battery, heating and charging feedback thread

1. vsinha717
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2021

vsinha717 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jul 31, 2021 :
    All 9pro phones are heating and no solutions too.

2. vsinha717
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2021

You have again started misguiding in the forum. Oneplus has no solutions. Amd all 9pros with SD 888.are heating without exception. You are still stuck with your guide. App based heating and drain et all.

3. vsinha717
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2021

Also heating is related to sd 888 and nothing else. If you want more tech knowledge there is a compatibility issue with sd 888 and aderno gpu. If you had spent even 15 mins and read a little bit in your spare time, you would havs actually guided and understood issues and given solutions rather harping one issue which you feel is the ultimate solution to problems. Wake up the issues have moved ahead while your solution is static. Did your solutions help anyone in resolution.

4. vsinha717
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2021

My humble request pls dont misguide people in the forum. Just because you r in denialabilty does not mean the issue is not there. By the way heating is reported from Europe US al the places. There goes your ambient temperature reasoning. Have you ever heard of thermal throttling. I Guess no.... but i will keep on talking and give solutions without any knowledge.

5. Harsha_Vardhan_ , via OnePlus 9 Pro Pine Green , Jul 31, 2021 :
    Xoxo nothing is draining, I have already uninstalled all applications but still facing the same

6. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jul 31, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Jul 31, 2021 :
    If you check with Devcheck. Do you get a low CPU activity at some time or does it always seem very active?

View attachment 1671202
    Since you said it drained fast it has to be something draining. Could for example be Android OS or System. Very high mobile network standby drain... (in full device stats)
    You might get additional battery stats via tools like GSam.

7. Niklasg85
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 1, 2021

Niklasg85 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Aug 1, 2021 :
    @vsinha717. You are absolutely right in some things that you write.
    The problem is that OnePlus thinks or had in earlier builds informed the users and the media that with the 11.2.3.3 OTA the heat problems is fixed. said:
    I can in some ways go with that, cause the phone is a lot more cooler in most of the scenarios.but when you shoot a video in 4K and above resolution, the heat is increasing fast, really fast!
    Let's say the ambient temp is 17 degrees outside ad 12 pm, exactly middle of the night no sun, no ambient heat what so ever. The phone is about 29 degrees Celsius (battery temp). As soon as you start recording a video in 4K and in this example 60 fps, the temperature rises from 29 to over 40 after a whole 5 min length video. If you then wait 5 minutes and to it all over again BOOM, the video pauses and stops.
    This is great conditions, i mean 17 degrees Celsius is below any normal indoor and outdoor temp for most of us..
    It's really difficult to "like" the phone if I can't create and record videos.
    So in that point the heat is absurd and is a real and big problem. said:

Let's hope EVERYONE that has these heat problems keep on hammering, right now it just me, you and some other sorry dudes and girls that are complaining. It isn't enough for them to take any action.
    @Swejuggalo. Is only here to guide and help, so don't shoot the messenger. In my eyes he is doing a great work and really tries to help.

But instead of waving the problem away (OnePlus) and the helping ppl i really hope that they have som fix in the future. But it doesn't seem so, this has been a problem since day 1, for about 3 months ago since the launch.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021

Swejuggalo likes this.
  8. NIYASDEEN K
    Donut Aug 1, 2021

GxdessXfMischief likes this.
  9. MirceaForce
    Gingerbread Aug 1, 2021

MirceaForce , Aug 1, 2021 :
    I don't know but this this oneplus 9 is heating a lot vs oneplus 8T and if you live in summer time outside it's hard to use the phone that message of temperature heating up...poping up...

and also the drain is like if you don't restart the phone more the one week or more I mean the up time...the battery will drain...maybe they need to do some updates....

But on this I agree with the support is very bad, they don't know, don't care about you, no fix....

10. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Aug 1, 2021

Swejuggalo , Aug 1, 2021 :
    Personally I think there are multiple levels of issues. Some hardware issues. Some software. It could not explain the very wide variation of some experiences some have otherwise. Not even trying to verify that everything is running well is not a solution (within the limit of what a user can do of course)... Doing something is better than nothing 🙂 Even if it just leads to seeing more data and get more info and knowledge about the system, at least it leads to more info users can use in bug reports, repair requests and so on.

So for that reason I feel it's good to try stuff and do whatever you can before claiming repair/replacements/service. There is no loss in trying. For those that actually finds something and solves a problem whatever it may be. Heat, drain, bug... Beats sending in the device, restore a backup when it's back and regain the issue that may have been software all the time because they did not check that for example a 3rd party app acted crazy, and the user may have learnt something by trying too.

So keep on trying and learning about what happens on the phone and use that to make better reports, gather proof of the problem, and demand solutions from Oneplus.
    This can't be a "stupid" nor "pointless" way even if some may think so about me promoting that way of seeing it 😉

11. deepak kachhela
    Cupcake Aug 2, 2021

Attached Files:

12. deepak kachhela
    Cupcake Aug 2, 2021

13. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Aug 2, 2021

14. the_o2
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Aug 2, 2021

deepak kachhela likes this.
  15. jjerinjacob
    Cupcake Aug 2, 2021

16. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Aug 2, 2021

17. hmezzy
    Cupcake Aug 2, 2021

hmezzy , Aug 2, 2021 :
    It's been more than a month since I got this device I don't understand what the issue with this phone is. When light gaming it does not heat, but when I open the camera to just take few stills or scroll thru insta, the phone heats up to 38C. I used to get 5 hours of sot. now I only get 4 and less, consistently. I am not a hard user at all. most of my drain is on standby. I did a hard install of 11.2.8.8. so be sure the install was right. No changes. In fact, the standby battery loss has been greater than 10% every single night (for 8+ hrs). the phone is always hot to touch at about 37C+ even after 5 mins of normal, seriously normal use.
    I have done all the optimizations possible and have very light use. I will be happy even if I get 6 hours sot if they just fix the overnight battery drain. It is really bugging me out. after getting a 1000 dollar phone can I not expect that? if not please let me know how I can exchange and get my money back @OnePlus executives. i hope I have some sort of impact and some feedback from oneplus I am sick and tired and regret every moment of buying this phone I swear. what a waste of my hard-earned money. :(

angelolombardo and CS1989 like this.
  18. W1627735727793
    Cupcake Aug 2, 2021

W1627735727793 , Aug 2, 2021 :
    I got my op 9 pro this week and have the same issues with the phone. It's very disappointing.. Because android auto and wireless charging is one of my main use cases..

19. zaki.dhange
    Cupcake Aug 3, 2021

zaki.dhange , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Aug 3, 2021 :
    Read my comments on the issues facing, I'm using OP9pro. 8T & 9pro found to be the worst models used by me till date. While using normal apps & scrolling through also the device is heated & battery drains. Thinking of changing this OP crap model.

20. duhjeff
    Honeycomb Aug 3, 2021

duhjeff , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Aug 3, 2021 :
    I've been an oneplus fan and owned pretty much all the OnePlus (since the first one) and besides one of the quarkie things...it's been great.

However, I'm more and more pissed about the latest one...

And before you try to defend OnePlus and say it's one off or user error, read first and then tell me why I'm frustrated...

I did my research on the forum about overheating problems and it doesn't seem like I'm the one off here...

I don't use my phone for 4k video and this is more like my game phone where I play games on it. However, I noticed the recent graphics intensive games (league of legend) if I turn up the setting. It overheats minutes into the game. Yes, I turned off everything in the background and I even take out the cover so it can cool faster....nope, still getting overheat problems. Ok, maybe it's the latest and greatest 888 problems but I test out on other 888 sd chip phones from friends and family and they don't seem to get that problem. Its sad that the cheap phone I bought for my nephew (xiaomi something) can run all the setting on high and it doesn't overheat and my 1000+ latest and greatest can't. Fix it or you just lost a long time customer...