[UNIFIED]OnePlus 9 pro Battery, heating and charging feedback thread

1. crazingineer
    Gingerbread Apr 6, 2021

crazingineer , Apr 6, 2021 :
    Even with the latest update installed (11.2.3.3), the phone is heating upto 44°C while charging and upto 41°C under normal usage. I installed Franco Kernel Manager for using its battery monitoring service and found out that the idle drain is 3%/hr whereas the active drain is a whopping 14%/hr

2. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Apr 6, 2021

Bobbie63 , Apr 6, 2021 :
    Sorry to hear that, the last thing I can suggest is to reset WiFi, mobile and Bluetooth that's under system in settings, I think it's called options for resetting.

Shouldn't that still doesn't work, it might be a good idea to submit a bug in the feedback section

https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

Caoimhín and Srikar24 like this.
  3. prakashec13
    Froyo Apr 6, 2021

prakashec13 , via OnePlus 6 , Apr 6, 2021 :
    There are so many reported already. There is a real issue which OnePlus need to acknowledge and provide some resolution or atleast root cause if that's a software or hardware issue.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021

Bibz32, Bobbie63 and abhishekcghosh like this.
  4. abhishekcghosh
    Eclair Apr 6, 2021

abhishekcghosh , Apr 6, 2021 :
    I believe the idea is also to try and share bug report logs with the OP dev team when they request, when you submit your feedback, if you're okay to do that. The thought process is that the more log reports they get, the more information they have to be able to root cause this out sooner and ship some patches. Thats what we're hoping and banking on as a community :)

Bibz32, prakashec13 and Bobbie63 like this.
  5. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Apr 6, 2021

Bobbie63 , Apr 6, 2021 :
    I agree to that, that's why I also posted the link to the feedback section for the same reason @abhishekcghosh explained above.

From the different postings I've read in this thread (haven't read them all tbh) I can't tell if there's a single root cause. So the more people submit their issues, the bigger chance this issue gets solved.

6. gautamthapar
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus TV U1S Apr 6, 2021

gautamthapar , Apr 6, 2021 :
    Tested 4K 120fps in direct sunlight a few minutes ago. Managed to get only 3 minutes with karbon case on. The phone was unusable for a while and after a couple of minutes of me moving inside the house, received a message saying the temperature has been restored and the phone can be used normally. The outside temperature is around 40 degree celcius.

Bibz32 likes this.
  7. Fr33noX
    Eclair Apr 6, 2021

Fr33noX , Apr 6, 2021 :
    Hey,

I come back to you because a receive feedback from AccuBattery support.

I confirm that only one battery is take into account on app but improve is still in progress.

Hi,

Thank you for your email. For these devices the system is incorrectly reporting only half the charge/discharge current. This means the maximum you will get is half the design capacity so you will need to multiply the mAh estimate by 2 or better yet, change the design capacity so it's half the original value. This means you have to also make the assumption that the two batteries wear down at the same rate but from what we've seen so far this indeed appears to be the case. In the future we will try to automatically identify devices that have this issue and ask users to confirm if this is indeed the situation. We can then automatically do the adjustment for you.

Kind regards,

Chad

See the screenshot

Best Regards,
    Fr33noX

Attached Files:

abhishekcghosh and Bibz32 like this.

8. MarkoBatrac
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 6, 2021

MarkoBatrac , Apr 6, 2021 :
    No, that is normal.. give a phone 2 full charges and leave it on the charge for 2-3 hours after 100 %. It is a new battery system which needs time to settle

9. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 6, 2021

nickdepagter and MarkoBatrac like this.
  10. nickdepagter
    Donut Apr 6, 2021

nickdepagter , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Apr 6, 2021 :
    I did a manual optimization via adb shell today and things have improved quite a bit. Phone still gets warm so that didn't change but the battery life is really good. CPU calmed down a lot as well. Just waiting voor the update to roll out in Europe now and hope the heating issue is solved as well. Thanks for the tips @Swejuggalo

11. khan1991
    Cupcake Apr 6, 2021

12. Swejuggalo

khan1991 likes this.
  13. Caomhin

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 6, 2021 :
    The phone runs at a temp of approx 30°c to 35°c nominal temperature, in a 40°c air temperature, there is nowhere for the heat to dissipate. In fact it is going to get warmer, and if in direct sunlight the glass is going to magnify the internal temperatures.

I would suggest definitely not trying that again, because if the sun raises the internal temps too high it may cause serious damage to the internals.

14. manuxm
    Eclair Apr 6, 2021

15. estebanvillela , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Apr 6, 2021 :
    Don't record outside. Noted.

BenjaminB777 and gautamthapar like this.
  16. Fr33noX
    Eclair Apr 6, 2021

Fr33noX , Apr 6, 2021 :
    try using reverse charging ..once u do that it will stop showing as overheat and go to good ;)

Jayosen671 likes this.
  17. Fr33noX
    Eclair Apr 6, 2021

Fr33noX , Apr 6, 2021 :
    try using reverse charging ..once u do that it will stop showing as overheat and go to good ;)

Jayosen671 likes this.
  18. Morteza98
    Cupcake Apr 7, 2021

Morteza98 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Apr 7, 2021 :
    Is 35° normal when using apps like chrome, instagram, gallery....?
    And what about 39° league of legends game with 60fps and 43° with 120fps ?
    I feel it's warm
    Should i play at 60fps or 120fps?