[UNIFIED] Oneplus call recording, Dialer, Contact and Message app for the Op9, 9pro, 9R and 9RT

1. megatomic
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 29, 2021

megatomic , Mar 29, 2021 :
    I don't disagree that giving us the choice would be preferable, but it's my opinion that the OnePlus dialer is aesthetically less pleasing but to each their own. So from your reply the application feature that is missing from the Google dialer is visual appearance not a function?

Cr8tive_Ingenuity, angch and McJader like this.
  2. megatomic

I guess I should point out that I am able to install the Google apps and not use the OnePlus apps if I so choose. If users in India and elsewhere don't have the same options then I understand the complaints.

3. Atiq1989
    Gingerbread Mar 29, 2021

4. Atiq1989
    Gingerbread Mar 29, 2021

5. Liehjan
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Buds Pro Community Expert Mar 29, 2021

Liehjan , Mar 29, 2021 :
    You can't change my opinion :p I like the Google apps more than oxygenOS stock.

6. Liehjan
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Buds Pro Community Expert Mar 29, 2021

Liehjan , Mar 29, 2021 :
    So? That doesn't make the apps bad just because they are on play store

7. Dove Divya
    Eclair Mar 29, 2021

Dove Divya , Mar 29, 2021 :
    To be honest, I would say visual appearance yeah maybe, I use my phone for basic functions not fancy gaming , so when I would want to call or answer anyone, that would matter. I hope Oneplus gives user preference on what to use.

8. megatomic

You've not yet provided any reasons for why you feel that the OnePlus dialer is superior to the Google dialer.

angch likes this.
  9. Atiq1989
    Gingerbread Mar 30, 2021

Atiq1989 , via OnePlus 6T Mirror Black , Mar 30, 2021 :
    1. Design
    2. Call Recording
    3. Smooth
    3. Swipe up & swipe down to call answer
    5. Merge Call history
    6. Dual sim option at the time of calling

joncee, amitnitin, Cye3s and 9 others like this.
  10. Atiq1989
    Gingerbread Mar 30, 2021

Ronak3567 and Y1579860709250 like this.
  11. Liehjan
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Buds Pro Community Expert Mar 30, 2021

Liehjan , Mar 30, 2021 :
    I know, and I didn't try to... But in the end of the day OnePlus made the decision to go with Google communication suite last year. So if you can't stand the apps, there are other phones for you :)

Always buy the device that fits your needs.

12. Ajit Waghare
    Eclair Mar 30, 2021

Ajit Waghare , Mar 30, 2021 :
    Dear OnePlus,
    We Are Expecting Premium Phone Oneplus 9 Pro Is Comes With Oneplus App Like Oneplus Dialer And OnePlus Message App But OnePlus Launch This Phone With Google App ( Dialer & Message). It's Very Very Disappointed. I Am Not Buying OnePlus 9 Pro Only For This Reason.

13. BeingIncog
    Nougat Mar 30, 2021

BeingIncog , Mar 30, 2021 :
    Okay.

McJader likes this.
  14. camohan
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Mar 30, 2021

camohan , Mar 30, 2021 :
    Hi there, since when Phone dialer and messaging app has become a benchmark for identifying whether a device is premium or not?

In my personal opinion, you are not only losing out premium experience of using this optimised app but also losing out a premium phone for a wrong reason.

Cheers.

15. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Mar 30, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Mar 30, 2021 :
    2. Call recording.

You mean auto recording without letting the other one know it is recorded?
    I never truely got to understand the recording need for every single call. And why so many think it's awful to let the other person know about being recorded. Many discussions I tried to understand it better kind of ended with someone yelling at me, doging the question, or giving me slightly strange logic that did not quite hold up well i my own head.

For regions like India you get the recording (or whatever regions Google enable it), but it's just different and tells about when used.

If I had the recording option myself and of some reason wanted the recording as a voice memo... What would be the harm in letting the other side know it?
    And if used it for protection when making a deal over the phone of some sort... What is the harm? If they do not plan to fool you why would they have anything against being recorded? And if they planned to fool you and you start the recording what would happen? A smart guy ends the call. And you get it verified that the caller was not up to any good... Only stupid people continues when knowing you have recorded proof. Problem solved right?

Just my view of the whole recording thing. It could come in handy, sure. But I dont see the huge negative effect of letting people know when it is being used.

16. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Mar 30, 2021

pablofg1978 , Mar 30, 2021 :
    Thread merged

McJader likes this.
  17. Caomhin
    9 Series Expert, Participator of the Year Community Expert Mar 30, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Mar 30, 2021 :
    Currently running a OnePlus 6T, I use the Google Phone app, Google Contacts app and Goggle Messages app.

These just have many more features compared to the OnePlus Comms apps.

Spam, RCS, Contacts layout to name but a few. Oneplus Comms functioned fine, just Google Comms has many more features. 😎👍

Helder_DAlmeida and McJader like this.
  18. Dove Divya
    Eclair Mar 30, 2021

Dove Divya , Mar 30, 2021 :
    I would say 60% is visual appearance and the 40% is the functionality, thoughts vary definitely, so i think Oneplus should give an option .
    I honestly didnt buy a new phone yet only because of that reason!

Disen.Sahare and Htsri like this.
  19. Atiq1989
    Gingerbread Mar 31, 2021

Atiq1989 , Mar 31, 2021 :
    What about other 5 points ?

Petru_C and Htsri like this.
  20. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Mar 31, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Mar 31, 2021 :
    1. Design - no major opinion here for me. Both are fine. It's a matter of taste really
    2. Call Recording - already mentioned
    3. Smooth - haven't really noticed much here
    3. Swipe up & swipe down to call answer - again more of a taste thing and don't really matter for me.
    5. Merge Call history - might be important for some but matters very little to me.
    6. Dual sim option at the time of calling - it could come in handy for some. Maybe Google adds it one day.