[UNIFIED] Oneplus call recording, Dialer, Contact and Message app for the Op9, 9pro and 9R via OnePlus 6T Mirror Black

1. sahiltyagi3852@g , via OnePlus 6T Mirror Black , Mar 24, 2021 :
    Moderator edit:

Please read and use this thread for any discussion related to call reacording and the oneplus apps for dialer, messages and contacts.
    Please do not create duplicate threads.
    You are welcome to submit suggestions and requests directly to OnePlus in the feedback section on the community app or Here
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dear Oneplus,
    We are expecting Premium phone Oneplus 9 pro is comes with oneplus app like oneplus Dialer and oneplus message app but oneplus launch this phone with google app (Dialer & message). it's very very disappointed. I am not buying oneplus 9 pro only for this reason.

Check official Question and answer thread ...
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/faqs-for-oneplus-9-series-answered-by-oneplus-staff.1429419/

Last edited: May 10, 2021

2. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Community Expert Oct 15, 2021

Stickied Post
    Dresa91 , Oct 15, 2021 :
    Hey,

the OnePlus 9 Series uses the Google Communication Suite and with it the Google Phone App.
    If it is allowed in your country, then you can use it.
    Follow this guide: https://support.google.com/phoneapp/answer/9803950?hl=en

3. megatomic
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 24, 2021

megatomic , Mar 24, 2021 :
    The OnePlus dialer and message apps are second rate, the Google apps are the ones everyone wants to use.

ashu90, Th0rvex, Just__Arpan and 38 others like this.

5. B_Wrath
    Junior Moderator Junior Moderator Mar 24, 2021

B_Wrath , Mar 24, 2021 :
    Many say.
    And if you only worry is the damn call recording, then it is by design.

6. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Mar 24, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Mar 24, 2021 :
    I'm one of those that are happy with Google Communication Suite as standard. Use both Google Phone and Messages even on my 8 Pro.
    I feel that is better of various reasons. Partly due to needing less resources to support their own apps in the future.

7. sfomin
    Nougat Mar 24, 2021

Dipeshgadiya, ron_R, the_o2 and 6 others like this.
  8. ctonylee
    Gingerbread Mar 24, 2021

ctonylee , Mar 24, 2021 :
    I love the google apps much better. Hopefully T-Mobile will allow us to use google visual voice mail and not the T-Mobile garbage.

9. megatomic
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 24, 2021

Arjun_Choudhry and McJader like this.
  10. C.comm
    Gingerbread Mar 24, 2021

C.comm , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Mar 24, 2021 :
    I too use the Google dialer and msg apps instead of the standard oneplus as I find the suit my needs much better. been doing this over the life of several op devices thus far.

Not a oneplus app but hopefully oneplus also replace gpay with google pay as that is the official replacement. Of course it can be installed but then you have both apps since gpay is a system app. Hopefully this is already addressed on the 9 series but they should also address it on phones that are still in the update chain as well (8/7series).

(I'm aware that gpay can be disabled or uninstalled through different means but just saying...)

daniels31 likes this.
  11. Nipu_1998
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Nord 2 Mar 25, 2021

Nipu_1998 , Mar 25, 2021 :
    Its mandatory for Android devices released in late 2020 and 2021 to instll.google communication suite

Kurian2002, otto2 and Nipu_1998 like this.
  13. Macrayn
    Donut Mar 26, 2021

Macrayn , Mar 26, 2021 :
    I just got my 1+ 8pro and had a problem with the phone app not calling out. I downloaded the google phone app from google play and disabled original phone app. I could then call out on phone w no problem. I'm confused, is OEM phone app different than latest google phone app?

14. Nijanthankumar , via OnePlus Community App , Mar 27, 2021 :
    Bro you said is correct..i am also disappointed with Google dialer..i purchased oneplus 8T on December..after 3 days using i am faced lot of calling issue in google dialer.so simply i broken my oneplus 8T and move into samsung bro because
    calling is very important for me.but i am a oneplus lover.so waiting for 9 pro here 9 pro also google dialer bro..once again i am not ready to break mobile bro..so i withdraw my plan for purchase 9 pro..all google dialer supporters please use google dialer app heavily then you facing lot of issue in this app..i think google dialer supporters only make one call per day so they loves google dialer..finally oneplus please consider our request and give oneplus stock dialer for your future devices.Thank you

15. megatomic
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 27, 2021

megatomic , via OnePlus Community App , Mar 27, 2021 :
    I use it many times per day with no difficulty. It even enables visual voicemail on TMobile without having to use another app. Plus it offers spam call protection. It's WAY better than the stock dialer.

ronnyhawks320 and barqui2361 like this.
  16. ctonylee
    Gingerbread Mar 28, 2021

ctonylee , Mar 28, 2021 :
    How did you get Visual Voicemail activated on T-Mobile with OP9 Pro? It's not working for me

17. megatomic
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 28, 2021

megatomic , Mar 28, 2021 :
    It's actually on my OP7T, I don't have a 9 Pro yet.

Sundar_Srithar likes this.
  18. Dove Divya
    Eclair Mar 29, 2021

Dove Divya , Mar 29, 2021 :
    Hello,
    Many people are buying oneplus of its exclusive features , if we would google applications we could buy pixel phones , I lost my oneplus 6 around 4 months back, i didnt want to buy the latest model only for this reason.

19. megatomic
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 29, 2021

megatomic , Mar 29, 2021 :
    What application feature are you losing by having the Google dialer instead of the OnePlus dialer?? With the Google dialer everyone gets spam blocking and flip to shush. In addition I get visual voicemail built-in. The Google dialer is objectively better than the OnePlus dialer. I've substantiated my claims, someone who disagrees with me needs to do the same.

20. Dove Divya
    Eclair Mar 29, 2021

Dove Divya , Mar 29, 2021 :
    The OnsPlus dialer looks more better than the google dialer , and voicemail builtin it maybe a new feature but in india no one uses it ,and i guess oneplus dialer would look more better for the oneplus phones. Or maybe give oneplus dialer as default and google can be installed. It would be the users wish to use whatever they want :)

21. Liehjan
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Buds Pro Community Expert Mar 29, 2021

Liehjan , Mar 29, 2021 :
    I would say that google dialer and google messages is the more premium ;)