[UNIFIED]OnePlus Stock Phone & Messages App for Nord discussion thread

1. Shailender Sharma
    Marshmallow Jan 19, 2021

Shailender Sharma , Jan 19, 2021 :
    In IDEAS 2.0, it is made clear that OnePlus won't bring OnePlus dialer and messaging app to OnePlus Nord.
    https://www.oneplus.com/hk_en/communityideas#/detail?threadId=2769

drl431, lspitaels and Caomhin like this.
  2. Caomhin
    Community Hero 2020 Jan 19, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Jan 19, 2021 :
    Looks there will be further Google integration, Comms and other areas. So I would imagine OP have stopped development of OnePlus Comms for any phones from Nord onwards.

OnePlus CEO on rumored OnePlus-Google partnership: “I think you’ll like what’s in store for this year

https://piunikaweb.com/2021/01/19/o...oneplus-google-partnership-sometime-this-year

3. Fast_and_Curious
    Jelly Bean Jan 19, 2021

Fast_and_Curious , via OnePlus Nord , Jan 19, 2021 :
    If you are on beta, just sideload it. Official support is difficult as nord was advertised to be pre-loaded with Google's communication suite. Here is a screenshot if you missed it.

1611058030846.jpg

drl431 and Caomhin like this.
  4. Dinesh_Rathore
    Honeycomb Jan 19, 2021

Dinesh_Rathore , via OnePlus Nord , Jan 19, 2021 :
    Are you sure the OnePlus will never bring back his own applications like OnePlus phone dialer and messaging apps in further device OnePlus 9&9T.

Please tell me actually i am waiting for OnePlus 9 with their own applications

5. Fast_and_Curious
    Jelly Bean Jan 19, 2021

Google has made it mandatory for companies to follow strict RCS protocols. Currently only their comms are better equiped for following them. So most of the OEMs have a better option to adopt their apps instead of developing and maintaining their own. Also google apps are better equipped to be used worldwide with regards to call recording and spam protection. So I guess its the way forward. If you observed oneplus has adopted google dialer in 8T series onward too.

ChriStef Gr and Dinesh_Rathore like this.
  6. Caomhin
    Community Hero 2020 Jan 19, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Jan 19, 2021 :
    Can't see it happening, if you read post #601 I posted, you will see that OnePlus are. Partnering with Google, seeing as all their current phones Nord, N10, N100 and 8T have the Google Comms. This partnership may also be about even further integrating into OP 9.

But we will have to wait for specifics to see exactly what happens.

It would make sense to just stick with Google Comms, and not go the expense of maintaining its own OnePlus Comms, plus the Google Comms has many more features to help with Spam, RCS and other features.

Many phone manufacturers are doing the same thing, in a short space of time it will only be Google Comms and Apple Comms.

7. Dinesh_Rathore
    Honeycomb Jan 19, 2021

That means they're never bringing back their own applications. In further OnePlus device.

8. Dinesh_Rathore
    Honeycomb Jan 19, 2021

Thank you for explaining me. Well said

Caomhin likes this.
  9. Fast_and_Curious
    Jelly Bean Jan 19, 2021

Logically they would be better off with google comms instead of developing their own apps and maintaining those as per google's standard.

10. Fast_and_Curious
    Jelly Bean Jan 19, 2021

11. Khalil.ch
    Cupcake Jan 19, 2021

12. Shailender Sharma
    Marshmallow Jan 20, 2021

Shailender Sharma , Jan 20, 2021 :
    Google Communication Suite is future proof. OnePlus dailer and message app is not coming back to Nord.
    Even in 2021, OnePlus and Google together are planning to do integration in future products. (Hinted)

Caomhin likes this.
  13. Fast_and_Curious
    Jelly Bean Jan 20, 2021

14. ssaravanann
    Cupcake Jan 20, 2021

15. Ashish_1410
    Cupcake Jan 20, 2021

16. Caomhin
    Community Hero 2020 Jan 20, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Jan 20, 2021 :
    Yes it does, this is why Google Comms will become the norm with more manufacturers, Google want their RCS protocol, Spam and other features to become the norm in almost all manufacturers phones. They are even collaborating with Google, I would imagine to ensure compatibility of Comms and other Google features across devices.

OnePlus CEO on rumored OnePlus-Google partnership: “I think you’ll like what’s in store for this year”
    https://piunikaweb.com/2021/01/19/o...neplus-google-partnership-sometime-this-year/

Shailender Sharma likes this.
  17. Fast_and_Curious
    Jelly Bean Jan 20, 2021

Fast_and_Curious , via OnePlus Nord , Jan 20, 2021 :
    I know google does. I was asking whether oneplus dialer follows those norms to that person stating that oneplus dialer is better than google dialer.