[UNIFIED]OnePlus Stock Phone & Messages App for Nord Series discussion thread

1. N1604386473764
    Cupcake Jul 24, 2021

N1604386473764 , Jul 24, 2021 :
    After installing Oxygen 11.1.4.4 I am finding some issues can you please advice and resolve them.. ?

I am downloaded Oneplu Phone APK.apk, Contacts.apk & msgs.apk for call recording facility but after updating my software the Contacts app is not working as I select any contact no. from my Contact List the app closes and error occurs.

2. alextoledo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 25, 2021

alextoledo , Jul 25, 2021 :
    This is what you face when using apps that are not available for your model, those APKs work fine on their respective phones but on Nord they may crash with every system update.

It's not OnePlus' problem and they won't solve it, as Nord works under Google Apps. Whoever wants the native apps should choose OnePlus Series and not the Nord range (Maybe Nord2 comes with OnePlus apps and not Google apps).

3. Jdebasish1
    Froyo Jul 26, 2021

Jdebasish1 , via OnePlus Nord , Jul 26, 2021 :
    Onepluse dialer and messaging app is much needed for nord till now also when we record our call it uae ta say call is being recording wtf when .we don't want this useless stuff.

4. alextoledo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 26, 2021

alextoledo , Jul 26, 2021 :
    It is called data protection, every person must be informed that the call they are making is being recorded, otherwise they are committing a crime against that person's rights. You can give a thousand examples and excuses, but it is not legal not to be informed that you are recording a call and Google must do so, whether you like it or not.

Every user who bought Nord knew that it came with Google Apps, in any advertisement it appears, even Amazon in its description was clear on the matter... If you don't like Google apps, very simple, disable them and look for third party apps, but don't expect OnePlus to support something that from the very beginning they gave up, and that was to put their native apps on this model. It hasn't done it in 1 year and it's not going to do it in the remaining year.

Look for alternatives but don't insist on a problem that doesn't exist.

5. Fast_and_Curious
    Jelly Bean Jul 26, 2021

Fast_and_Curious , Jul 26, 2021 :
    See proof to support this if you missed it while buying the nord. 1635565-f5753ff204b5cede343f34c8a714d51e.jpg

6. Mrityuanjaya
    Cupcake Jul 26, 2021

Mrityuanjaya , via OnePlus Nord , Jul 26, 2021 :
    Yes I want one plus Stock Contact app & Massage app

7. alextoledo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 26, 2021

alextoledo , Jul 26, 2021 :
    The battle is more than lost, it is easier to assume that Nord brings and will bring Google Apps to an end, than to spend energy asking for something that will never come. It's funny how they don't lose heart and still believe that OnePlus will give you these apps.

Try third party alternatives or some modification if some users on forums like XDA have managed to port the stocks to other devices.

8. SARA@123
    Cupcake Jul 31, 2021

SARA@123 , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 31, 2021 :
    OnePlus is losing faith of customer by proving so pathetic software experience
    Phone app are crashing now and then in between.
    Youtube stops abruptly
    Heating isdues are there with few mintues of use
    Google dialer app not compatible call recording

9. R1626034237250 , via OnePlus Community App , Aug 1, 2021 :
    Google message apk is draining my phone battery very high almost 70% of my battery was used in message app in background.(intelligent control) when I optimize the message app than also message app used the battery about 60%.
    1627775508882.jpg

10. Aquibm7
    Cupcake Aug 1, 2021

Aquibm7 , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 1, 2021 :
    Yes.. i also want the same. google dialer & messaging app is of no use. i am still hesitant to buy phone only for one particular reason is that it doesnt hai oneplus dialer & messages app..it is so much better..what is the need to change that.

11. SlackW_1993
    Jelly Bean Aug 2, 2021

SlackW_1993 , Aug 2, 2021 :
    Known issue since a while. A recent update of Google Messages results in high (or very high) battery drain and system warning.
    Please read how to fix it :
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/quick-fix-google-messages-battery-drain-warning-issue.1471373/

12. Fast_and_Curious
    Jelly Bean Aug 2, 2021

Fast_and_Curious , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 2, 2021 :
    Why did you buy this phone when they had specifically stated that it would have the google dialer on their amazon listing as well as oneplus website?

1627887118796.jpg

13. alextoledo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 2, 2021

alextoledo , Aug 2, 2021 :
    Very simple; because people don't read anything in life, it's easier to complain than to pay a little attention before buying something. Then come the problems and regrets...

14. Ygdr4sil
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2021

Ygdr4sil , via OnePlus Nord Gray Onyx , Aug 2, 2021 :
    Because people don't read the info when they buy stuff. Why is it so important to have a sneaky call recording? OP dialer and messeges is obsolete and useless if someone need to use RCS. Google communication suit is much better.

15. Fast_and_Curious
    Jelly Bean Aug 2, 2021

Fast_and_Curious , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 2, 2021 :
    Absolutely right! Thats why i have kept a screenshot of this. Even the reviews of the nord had covered that it does not have oneplus apps.

16. Y1628172958599
    Cupcake Aug 5, 2021

17. Fast_and_Curious
    Jelly Bean Aug 5, 2021

Fast_and_Curious , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 5, 2021 :
    You wont receive any messages with any sms app you install if there is a problem with your network. Check SMSC number by contacting your network provider.