Unified Op2 heating issues thread

1. nandish143
    Cupcake Oct 13, 2015

nandish143 , Oct 13, 2015 :
    Yes it gets heated up very soon

2. Dunestorm
    Gingerbread Oct 13, 2015

Dunestorm , Oct 13, 2015 :
    I've noticed the CPU get to around 65C degrees at its worst. By no means is that bad at all, if anything the metal rim gets fairly hot but nothing uncomfortable. Short answer: Games make SoCs work hard.

3. richa912
    Cupcake Oct 16, 2015

richa912 , Oct 16, 2015 :
    I received my OPT 2 days back and i has a heating problem, while charging phone gets heat up badly.
    Is there a solution for this ????

4. Dharmin.shah8998
    Gingerbread Oct 16, 2015

Dharmin.shah8998 , Oct 16, 2015 :
    Same as all you folks out there were eagerly waiting for OPT I too was waiting for it and received it yesterday. After unboxing updated it to latest software update.
    (P.s. this is my take on OPT. You can have different views or issues)
    Pros.
    1. Display is awesome. The 1080p display is improved from its predecessor.
    2. Camera performance is awesome in manual and auto mode. HDR performance is over saturated.
    3. Battery life on single Sim is pretty good for me. Gave screen on time of 4.40 hrs and call of 2.13 hrs on single charge with 9% juice left.
    4. Overall daily performance is smooth. No lag noticed.
    5. Sound is above average and you can customize the sound as per your requirement via audio tuner.
    6. Call quality was excellent and the call reception was also excellent.. Even with network of tata Docomo. P.s if you guys know what I mean.

Cons.
    1. Antutu benchmarking is not up to mark. Gave a total score of 42345 on 32 bit testing and 48765 on 64 bit testing. I noticed throttling in performance when running benchmarking for three consecutive times. The result I got were a. 48765 b. 45667 c.50098 the best score.

2. Figure print reader is not as accurate. Have to try 4- 5 times sometimes to unlock device. But aometimes it unlocks very quickly. The issue I faced for unlocking was after receiving a call. May be software issue . hopefully will be solved via OTA.

3. The phone gets a warm when charging. The maximum temperature I recorded when the phone was on charging was 42 degrees. And charging take around 2 hrs 20 minutes for 0% to 100%.

4. Ther software is pretty immature as of now and far less customization as compared to cynogen. If you like customization then this is a deal breaker . this is not the phone for you. No NFC but does not bother me as I don't need it anyways.

Hopefully all the issue will be solved through OTA else OP will have face sharp decline in sales of OPT as compared to OPO.

Hope this small review is helpful

5. Deactivated User
    Oct 16, 2015

6. sampathkumar.kns
    Cupcake Oct 19, 2015

sampathkumar.kns , Oct 19, 2015 :
    I bought my OPT 4 days back. While using WiFi continuously for 45 mins or Playing a bit graphic intensive game for about 30 mins I observed that my phone heats up a lot. Can anyone provide inputs.

7. OALEXANDER
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Nov 12, 2015

8. Vignesh R P
    Cupcake Nov 18, 2015

Vignesh R P , Nov 18, 2015 :
    After the recent oxygen2.1.2 update also heating and quick battery drain is not fixed.

9. yuganathan
    Gingerbread Nov 21, 2015

yuganathan , Nov 21, 2015 :
    U have to live with these issues no update can fix hardware issue.

10. James Mathew
    Eclair Nov 21, 2015

James Mathew , Nov 21, 2015 :
    I rember when I bought ma OPO ppl used to tell that ghost touch issues are hardware related and not gonna be solved with software updates despite that the fact that company claimed that it can be solved through updates . But after few OTA updates ma ghost touch issues disappeared so just be patient, these guys are quiet good with their updates

11. Nishantgangotra
    Cupcake Nov 22, 2015

Nishantgangotra , Nov 22, 2015 :
    The update also has a problem regarding selection of sim for calling and sim for text msg it always keeps the selection as ask every time even though u select a specific sim for call or msg

12. Dharmin.shah8998
    Gingerbread Nov 22, 2015

Dharmin.shah8998 , Nov 22, 2015 :
    The software is still in infant stage..will take loot of efforts to optimize it...tats y they say...never settle..haha

13. prak0488
    Cupcake Nov 23, 2015

prak0488 , Nov 23, 2015 :
    its is easy to return bro... question is all the oneplus 2 make is like this or few phones alone... is there a point to return in and buy a new oneplus itself or go for some other brand...

14. dhirajuchil007
    Eclair Dec 4, 2015

Attached Files:

15. prabhakarsharma
    Cupcake Dec 5, 2015

prabhakarsharma , Dec 5, 2015 :
    Try OP two and you will feel as if your one plus one is running chilled

16. r.rohit89
    Feb 8, 2016

r.rohit89 , Feb 8, 2016 :
    My op2 heats up while gaming to the point where I'm unable to hold the phone. It burns.. I know that it's a known issue with this snap dragon processor. It heats up within 10-15 mins. Any work arounds ? . suggestions ?

17. jkb114
    Lollipop Feb 8, 2016

jkb114 , Feb 8, 2016 :
    Remember that phones do not contain any fans or vents so when the processor is under a large load they will heat up. The only thing I can say is to use a case that can insulate it

18. magnamentis
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 8, 2016

magnamentis , Feb 8, 2016 :
    and?

if you game with your computer it will heat up as well, power usage = heat, the more powerful he more heat. it's totally normal and then what is heat anyways, smartphones ( all of my totally 7 ) get hot at times under heavy load like does any computer, engine or whathaveyou.

this overheating hype is getting boring to be honest and if it crosses a certain threshold it will throttle and cool down.

i'm reading only 2 extremes here, too much throttle or too much heat while the heat part is placebo or exageration, depending.

i'm on the "too much throttle" side hence altered my "thermal.config" file in system/etc to my liking but then i want max performance and don't care about warmth within certain limits (no blisters LOL)

19. MafiaTechTeam
    Jelly Bean Feb 8, 2016

MafiaTechTeam , Feb 8, 2016 :
    LOL wut what do you actually expect????????????? I mean really what do you expect you fool
    educate yourself

IvanMuse likes this.
  20. r.rohit89
    Feb 8, 2016

r.rohit89 , Feb 8, 2016 :
    Listen **** face, I didn't know it would heat up enough to burn my hand loser. You Brute animal.