Unified OP3/3T Battery Thread

1. Rishabh_Pandoh
    Gingerbread Jun 6, 2018

2. karthik oneplus
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 6, 2018

karthik oneplus , Jun 6, 2018 :
    S everything is messed up. This is deliberately done. Before I was getting SOT of 6+ hours and now with very difficult it crosses 3 hours.
    Phone is heating while use.
    What's app parallel error.

Rishabh_Pandoh likes this.
  3. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Jun 6, 2018

ghostofcain , Jun 6, 2018 :
    Indeed they have purposefully released a shitty update, so users will desert the brand and leave it for the faithful.
    Do you ever ask yourself why many users aren't experiencing all of these problems? granted whatsapp parallel and Instagram do appear fairly universal.

G_Mr_...., Rishabh_Pandoh and Sun90 like this.
  4. santhosh311983
    Honeycomb Jun 6, 2018

santhosh311983 , Jun 6, 2018 :
    bro ..you have an option ..root your phone ..install Franco kernel ..simple ..dam sure you will get over 6 hrs SOT ...or take backup using "OnePlus switch " app and then perform factory Reset ..sure you will find the difference

5. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Jun 6, 2018

6. faarishk
    Cupcake Jun 6, 2018

faarishk , Jun 6, 2018 :
    Battery not as stable as previous update.
    Also phone excessively heating up while using network data on the go.
    Any solutions dear One plus 3 community?

Roby72 likes this.
  7. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Jun 6, 2018

pablofg1978 , Jun 6, 2018 :
    Thread merged

faarishk likes this.
  8. Paul1865
    Froyo Jun 6, 2018

Paul1865 , Jun 6, 2018 :
    I don't have the option to disable it...
    Are you on another version? I am on stock 5.0.3...
    1528321035777.jpg

faarishk likes this.
  9. karthik oneplus
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 7, 2018

karthik oneplus , Jun 7, 2018 :
    For every update oneplus wants people to do factory reset.. That is not the solution for the problem.

10. karthik oneplus

11. karthik oneplus

What are you trying to say now?

12. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Jun 7, 2018

ghostofcain , Jun 7, 2018 :
    You where suggesting, that for some reason, OnePlus has purposely released a buggy update. I was suggesting that this would be a very stupid thing to do, and that if they had EVERYONE would be having issues, which they are not.

13. karthik oneplus

Looks like you are not aware but people who did Ota without factory reset every one are having the issue. Apple agreed that they were deliberately slowing down their old device so that people would buy new one. So don't have overconfidence on these companies. In fact I bought my 3t just around a year before. And oneplus not giving android p itself was not satisfactory at all.

14. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Jun 7, 2018

ghostofcain , Jun 7, 2018 :
    Really EVERYONE who hasn't done a factory reset?, the release thread would suggest otherwise.

As for releasing a buggy update to persuade users to buy a new device, , what kind of moron decides that because an OEM has released a crappy update, the best way around it is to spend more money with the same OEM?

BTW the purpose of apples update was to extend battery life, in older devices , at the cost of performance.

Also OnePlus have made no secret of the fact that , the OP3(T), in line with almost all OEMs would be getting only TWO major android updates.

RaZoR likes this.
  15. karthik oneplus

I think you are new to smartphone business. Let me explain it to you.
    1. Releasing a buggy update is a very old technique. I have used galaxy s2, s3, note 3,note 3 neo, note 5 my friends had. And do you know what is common in all phone gets extremely slow after few years including note 5 which used 7280 I don't remember.. All these phones were super fast when new.. Don't tell me that it's because of TouchWiz ui. It could be slow only for 2 reasons one is buggy update or 2nd would be degrade in flash memory and touch wiz also part of update . I hope you know how flash memory works.
    2. Apple accepted that they were intentionally slowing down the device and gave some lame reason that it was for battery issue. I am an engineer and I know how battery works.
    3. T version of oneplus releases during November month and Google releases its new os way in August. If oneplus wants they could have but they don't because they know their sales would be affected for June release of their new flagship and if they give 2 new updates no body would upgrade there phones for atleast 3 years.
    Even though I am very happy to move out of Samsung these days oneplus is completely showing there true picture just like other oem.. They came with invite system, then made money and started selling for masses.. Why these advertisements concept and taking Amitabh Bachan as brand Ambassador and finally increasing the cost of the device. Everything is all mater of time..
    Anyways I would like to to know your phone is working fine after factory reset? If that is the case then I have no option but to do it.

16. GeneHackman
    Cupcake Jun 8, 2018

GeneHackman , Jun 8, 2018 :
    Have the 3t about a year now and the battery has always been fantastic. Over the past few weeks I have experienced a big drain which is caused by the Android OS and Android System. I used to experience a 2-5% drop overnight and now it is about 30%. Having tried loads of different steps I came across one that worked. Resetting the App preferences. Once I did this the battery was great for a day and then back to square one again. I am at a loss as to what is the problem. I am on OxygenOS 3.5.4. PLEASE HELP!

Attached Files:

17. bharath999
    Cupcake Jun 9, 2018

UmarSyed456 likes this.
  18. Lancelot_69
    Lollipop Jun 9, 2018

Lancelot_69 , Jun 9, 2018 :
    Screenshot_20180505-200713.png
    Seriously dude more information

craigbarratt and Sun90 like this.
  19. Sun90
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Jun 9, 2018

Sun90 , Jun 9, 2018 :
    So does this forum with repeated threads for the same.
    Check the pinned battery threads for some useful tips.
    And also file a bug report for the same.

20. bharath999
    Cupcake Jun 9, 2018