Unified OP3/3T Battery Thread

1. B_Wrath
    Nougat May 29, 2019

B_Wrath , May 29, 2019 :
    Problems can be of multiple reasons. If history of the forum serves right, approx 90% of the so called "problems" are user generated and has nothing to do with the update.

Out of curiosity, name a couple of the so called "problems". Let's see if it is user generated or caused by system.

ghostofcain and Nick 59 like this.
  2. G_Илья_Павлен
    Cupcake May 29, 2019

G_Илья_Павлен , May 29, 2019 :
    Sat on Beta 1 and Beta 2 Pie and had a strong difference in battery consumption compared to 5.0.8. Hopes for normal battery consumption on a stable Pie 9.0.2 did not materialize, went back to 5.0.8. The cake is beautiful, but not yet tasty ... We are waiting for the fix of the battery. I apologize for the mistakes, I write through the Google translator.

3. karthik oneplus
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 29, 2019

karthik oneplus , May 29, 2019 :
    Yes battery drain overnight is user mistake but not oneplus or pie.
    By default pie has problem with battery drain for all the phones. It's a know bug. But in specificly telling oneplus is correct and users are dumb is just stupid reason after flushing out buggy update.

4. B_Wrath
    Nougat May 29, 2019

B_Wrath , May 29, 2019 :
    Again, i don't have any battery drain overnight on my OP3, OP6 and OP6T. All three drop maybe 3-5% overnight. That too with wifi, mobile network, Bluetooth and GPS on always.

And I said 90% are user generated error. I didn't say users are dumb.

Nick 59 likes this.
  5. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow May 29, 2019

ghostofcain , May 29, 2019 :
    I've read the release thread from start to finish and many users are reporting, a trouble free build.

No problem on Huawei mate 10 pro, mate 20 or Samsung S10, in our house.

Aden Inferno, Bintang12 and Nick 59 like this.
  6. KeeBaud
    Froyo May 29, 2019

KeeBaud , May 29, 2019 :
    I don't think there's a single update that OnePlus has made for any of their phones that doesn't have somebody complaining about battery life within 48 hours of the update being released. I treat such posts as crying wolf, and they certainly wouldn't discourage me from allowing my phone to update.

ghostofcain and Nick 59 like this.
  7. karmatashi
    Froyo May 29, 2019

karmatashi , May 29, 2019 :
    good for you, if you face any problem on your device then shut your mouth and keep quiet but not everyone is like you, if they paid 30k for a device then probably they will report any issues regarding the matter.

srikanth_donthu likes this.
  8. karmatashi
    Froyo May 29, 2019

Do you have any proof about battery drainage overnight if then please share or screen shot.

9. karmatashi
    Froyo May 29, 2019

what is this forum for then?? is this forum for only positive feed back?? no one wants to accept their fault. Hey developers listen of you act like your updates are flawless then please wake up. if you guys wants to make oneplus user's on your side listen ok.

10. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow May 29, 2019

ghostofcain , May 29, 2019 :
    You do realise that this is a USER forum, there are few threads that developers monitor at all, like for instance release threads.

It would appear most users, in the release thread, are not having battery issues, that should tell you something.

11. JaviAC
    Froyo May 30, 2019

JaviAC , May 30, 2019 :
    Battery consmuption with Pie 9.0.2

I have not maked a clean installation. I maked the clean installation in the Community Beta (from Oreo to Pie). Then I just upgraded from the Community Beta to Pie, installing the ZIP.

- Screen brightness: Manual. Between 10-15%
    - Turned ON options (only during the day): Wifi (at house)/Data and GPS

- Hours of screen: between 3 and 4 hours (depend of the day). I think that less than with Oreo (but I have not done a clean installation).

As you can see, in my case, the "killer battery app" is Tinder (I suppose because is always checking GPS).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Vinodupa
    Cupcake May 31, 2019

13. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 May 31, 2019

Dresa91 , May 31, 2019 :
    no problems. just 2% loss of percentage over night with WiFi and active sync with citrix

14. MarkyPancake
    Honeycomb May 31, 2019

MarkyPancake , May 31, 2019 :
    Since my OP5 got Pie and without adding any new apps or updating any existing apps, the battery drain was much worse than the Oreo OxygenOS, both in use and when left with the screen off. I came home one day after using my 3T throughout the day at work on mobile data and Wi-Fi and my 5 that had been left at home with the screen off and it used more battery than my 3T. Both devices have the same apps on them.

I've used a lot of stable OTA OxygenOS updates on my 3T and 5 and Pie has been the worst for battery consumption. For this reason, I'm not looking forward to my 3T getting Pie.

Aden Inferno and Vinodupa like this.
  15. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow May 31, 2019

ghostofcain , May 31, 2019 :
    Don't install it then, it's not obligatory.

16. lucaz44
    Cupcake Jun 3, 2019

lucaz44 , Jun 3, 2019 :
    Hi, as the title said after Pie update it seems that my phone is charging slowly both with dash charging and normal.
    Anyone have this issue?

17. Devghost
    Gingerbread Jun 6, 2019

Devghost , Jun 6, 2019 :
    Crying B******. Lol

18. Muhi
    Eclair Jun 6, 2019

19. florincircu
    Donut Jun 6, 2019

florincircu , Jun 6, 2019 :
    Don't be the Apple fanboy kind of guy. People posted proof, you just didn't scroll enough. I did a factory reset before installing Pie. After 4 days I got sick of charging my phone twice a day and went back to Oreo. It has issues which should be addressed. If they were so sure that everything works flawlessly they would have made the rollout faster, it's the longest time I've waited for a update to come via the built-in updater. Also battery life was back to normal after downgrading.

20. B_Wrath
    Nougat Jun 7, 2019

B_Wrath , Jun 7, 2019 :
    Yo tough guy. The posts was merged to this thread after I replied.
    By the way, I wanted proof for the specific words "the devs rushed the rollout".
    Stop being a keyboard warrior and learn to read the whole conversation before commenting.