Unified OP3/3T Battery Thread

1. jerrygeorge007
    Eclair Dec 5, 2019

jerrygeorge007 , via OnePlus 3 , Dec 5, 2019 :
    i too have battery life issue on my OP3. I used get just 5-6 hours in one full charge. then i recently got the battery changed. now even with h new battery i am still getting just 6-7 hours. it looks like some bug in the OS

2. ZuneKinetix
    Cupcake Dec 5, 2019

3. j4ckp0t
    Gingerbread Dec 5, 2019

j4ckp0t , Dec 5, 2019 :
    last update on oneplus 3. i've faced fast battery drain too.

try to:
    1- update whatsapp to latest beta version (download the apk from apkmirror)
    2- if you use google chrome, go into settings -> site settings --> movement sensors and try to disable it

let me know if things goes better after that.

ps: i have also disabled telegram notifications (too much groups)

4. esdc
    Donut Dec 7, 2019

esdc , Dec 7, 2019 :
    Mobile network standby is killing the battery since I updated to 9.0.6. Is it going to be fixed? How can I downgrade to the previous version if not?
    Thank you
    1575707591095.jpg

5. esdc
    Donut Dec 7, 2019

esdc , Dec 7, 2019 :

ZuneKinetix

so don't update to 9.0.6 then?​

I updated and I would revert back to the previous one if I would know how, due to extreme battery usage by mobile network standby.

I am no geek. I cannot tell you for sure that the update is the reason. I can only say that my battery performs way way worse since updated and I have not changed anything else.

6. esdc
    Donut Dec 7, 2019

esdc , Dec 7, 2019 :

Krusk8

Hi to All, anyone had installed the 9.0.6? I want to know if the battery issued is resolved. Because for work I had to downgrad from Pie to Oreo, but to reinstall and configure all apps is a pain. If finally the problem is fixed I could update to Pie. But I need to be sure about the battery issue. Thanks​

I had no issues with the battery prior to 9.0.6.
    After the update, my battery performance is dreadful due to usage by mobile network standby.

dsteixeira likes this.
  7. G_Khasim_ABCD
    Froyo Dec 9, 2019

8. j4ckp0t
    Gingerbread Dec 9, 2019

j4ckp0t , Dec 9, 2019 :
    we have different issues based on the apps installed.

for me doing the things i wrote previously + limiting backgound usage for google chrome almost fixed the draining sympthon

9. G_Khasim_ABCD
    Froyo Dec 10, 2019

10. Z1575982169744
    Cupcake Dec 10, 2019

11. suhaasp
    Cupcake Dec 10, 2019

suhaasp , Dec 10, 2019 :
    not able to find any solution for mobile network standby.. battery drain... also not getting Volte on my Airtel. After the update severe problem. Just frustrated over the charging Phone and network problem.... please can anyone help properly on this issue...... Thanks in advance. Please let me know if any of Phone status screenshots required for diagnosis.... please help... please

12. Fhdshahzad
    Gingerbread Dec 13, 2019

Fhdshahzad , via OnePlus 3 , Dec 13, 2019 :
    Please share the screenshots.

13. Fhdshahzad
    Gingerbread Dec 13, 2019

14. suhaasp
    Cupcake Dec 13, 2019

15. G_joe_jaud_AqYe
    Eclair Dec 16, 2019

16. papaharl
    Eclair Dec 17, 2019

papaharl , via OnePlus 3T , Dec 17, 2019 :
    Hi! Anybody had problems about their Bluetooth earphones/headphones after updating to 9.0.6? I'm having a very low volume even on max volume on my phone.

17. Fhdshahzad
    Gingerbread Dec 18, 2019

18. EpicFruit
    Cupcake Dec 19, 2019

EpicFruit , Dec 19, 2019 :
    That doesn't look like the latest version of OxygenOS, are you running Android Oreo? If that's the case you wouldn't be seeing the same "mobile network standby" drain that others including myself are getting with 9.0.6, so that screenshot isn't entirely relevant.

I'm getting upwards of 25%-30% battery consumption due to mobile network standby if I'm not on wifi for most of the day, which leaves me no choice but to revert back to an earlier version of OxygenOS since battery life is almost a joke in its current state. I've already tried network reset and factory reset without much success, so I must conclude that although OnePlus has been generous with their continued software updates for the 3T, they've left us between a rock and a hard place.

For additional information, I'm on the Mint (T-Mobile) network and use voice over LTE and voice over wifi. Logically the mobile network standby drain does not become an issue until I leave wifi range, but it really does drain the battery when I'm not on wifi.

19. Fhdshahzad
    Gingerbread Dec 19, 2019

Fhdshahzad , via OnePlus 3 , Dec 19, 2019 :
    Are you still using the Pie on OP3

20. Ssk00
    Cupcake Dec 28, 2019

Ssk00 , Dec 28, 2019 :
    Battery draining very fast my phone is just one and half years old.