Unified OP3/3T Battery Thread

1. varma246
    Lollipop Apr 6, 2017

varma246 , Apr 6, 2017 :
    Did you clean install the new update.

If not do a factory reset this will definitely help you.

2. michoo87
    Gingerbread Apr 6, 2017

michoo87 , Apr 6, 2017 :
    there is a lot of thread regarding the battery drain, make a search and put your opinion there:rolleyes:

3. kiru430
    Cupcake Apr 6, 2017

kiru430 , Apr 6, 2017 :
    ha ha a ..good one ,atleast OnePlus get back with solution ..untill I'm suggested bro

4. G_章茂成_Ryus
    Cupcake Apr 6, 2017

5. PJTempel
    Froyo Apr 6, 2017

PJTempel , Apr 6, 2017 :

you should put you phone on pocket mode it works for me,

6. mharis
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 6, 2017

youbi likes this.
  7. youbi
    Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Apr 6, 2017

youbi , Apr 6, 2017 :
    Threads merged, please use this thread for talking about battery issues.

Not sure how you use your phone, but it looks that something is wrong with yours, mine (op3t) lasts a full day without any issues. You probably need to check what apps you have installed and maybe do a factory reset.

Praty_28 and Sun90 like this.
  8. masaichris
    Donut Apr 6, 2017

masaichris , Apr 6, 2017 :
    There must be a Rogue app in the phone that doesn't work well with the update. I faced the same issue but after getting rid of some apps, all is OK.

9. JP$
    Donut Apr 6, 2017

JP$ , Apr 6, 2017 :
    Even after a normal usage the battery drains too much. Is there any issues?
    Please check out this!

10. youbi
    Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Apr 6, 2017

youbi , Apr 6, 2017 :
    Threads merged, please use this thread for talking about battery issues.

mharis, Praty_28 and Sun90 like this.
  11. F_Emad_Mustafa_Ginawi_xq
    Cupcake Apr 6, 2017

F_Emad_Mustafa_Ginawi_xq , Apr 6, 2017 :
    so 7.1.1 nougat is open beta right?

12. F_Anurag_Chandra_Dwivedi
    Cupcake Apr 6, 2017

F_Anurag_Chandra_Dwivedi , Apr 6, 2017 :
    One plus two phone battery is problem now. As it is discharging even on putting charging. So I am upset. Can anyone help me to come out of this situation. Regards Anurag

13. melwyn02
    Eclair Apr 6, 2017

14. borntovshady
    Donut Apr 6, 2017

15. Phantasm0
    Froyo Apr 6, 2017

Phantasm0 , Apr 6, 2017 :
    SOT should be in the order of 7-9 hours without any tweaks. Not everything is caused by the OS not working properly. There can be various apps misbehaving and eating battery like crazy. Properly checking app battery usage with Android 7 takes a bit more work, but isn't too hard. Some pointers to apps on other topic here. Doesn't need root, but some tweaking is needed for full information.

Also, if you jump between different OS versions a lot, you really should do factory reset to the phone. Just doing OTA updates generally shouldn't cause issues, but manually flashing different versions can lead into various issues in various cases. And obviously if there is nothing wrong with apps eating too much battery or way too many apps are doing such, factory reset might be the only option.

ShredMeister likes this.
  16. ShredMeister
    Honeycomb Apr 6, 2017

ShredMeister , Apr 6, 2017 :
    I think the fact that these threads only have a handful of people complaining shows that there really is no battery drain problem or bug.

Battery life on this phone is excellent and while I have to admit that the first signs of battery life wearing out are starting to happen, it is still way above average.

Just like the previous post says, please investigate what is causing your excessive battery drain, 2 to 3 hours SOT is below half of what most users get, so clearly there is something wrong with your phone or your apps.

There are tons of ways to find out where the problem is on your own that are going to prove way more effective than coming in here daily asking whether OnePlus has fixed a problem that does not exist.

17. Harshit Srivastava28
    Cupcake Apr 6, 2017

18. G_Vignesh_Vino_uXYQ
    Eclair Apr 6, 2017

G_Vignesh_Vino_uXYQ , Apr 6, 2017 :
    View attachment 514024
    my OnePlus 3t gave nearly 7 hrs of sot ....u can c in the screen shot as it displaying 7% of sot .....after tat I charged my mob to 100 per ....may be it might reach till 9hrs of sot if I used the remaining 30%

19. G_Vignesh_Vino_uXYQ
    Eclair Apr 6, 2017

20. omerkirat
    Cupcake Apr 6, 2017