Unified OP3/3T Battery Thread

1. darius1988
    KitKat Dec 27, 2016

darius1988 , Dec 27, 2016 :
    Mi last charged on 3.5.4 , never get so high sot 9 hours more 21 hours idle, and stil remaining 15%
    1482819573766.jpg

1482819573866.jpg

2. F_Martyn_Roberts_qkrV
    Eclair Dec 27, 2016

F_Martyn_Roberts_qkrV , Dec 27, 2016 :
    I've not had any battery problems since 3.5.4 update by us the again I'm Rooted with TWRP and greenify with aggressive doze turned on. I also have NFC and Bluetooth on all day plus location on high accuracy. But even then there should be some issues if it's affecting that many people.
    Like funk wizard says clear your cache that tend to solve quite a few issues.

My only gripe with the latest update is WiFi is still a bit laggy compared to mobile data.

KforHorizon likes this.
  3. G_Thomas_Sanderson_Bcwf
    Cupcake Dec 27, 2016

G_Thomas_Sanderson_Bcwf , Dec 27, 2016 :
    does this mean that when the actual updates like 7.0 I won't be able to download them via settings but will have to download and install it like you suggested? also does doing that delete data on your phone ie settings or pictures? ( sorry that was lengthy)

4. donalgodon
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 27, 2016

donalgodon , Dec 27, 2016 :
    I don't think anyone besides OP knows whether OTA updates will work or not on the beta. I suspect they will, but I'm not sure about it. Only OP knows for sure.

Either way, I usually do clean installs on major version upgrades anyway, so I might run the beta until the final Nougat release drops and then do a full wipe again just to be safe.

5. ShredMeister
    Honeycomb Dec 27, 2016

ShredMeister , Dec 27, 2016 :
    The more I read threads like this one, the more I am convinced it is mostly down to faulty apps draining battery. I don't think it can be said a new update is to blame when so many users, like myself, report no problems and still keep experiencing excellent battery life.

I have experienced similar issues in the past with other phones, but there is a lot to do before pointing fingers. First of all, after an update, allow a few days (2-3, depending on usage) for the phone to settle. Google services are always a bit more hungry after updates as they gather info and then they usually calm down when they figure out patterns and go into deep sleep when they have to.

If the problem is there after a few days, analyze usage, download the right apps to do so, track Wake locks, try uninstalling apps that often are battery hogs, etc. A factory reset and starting fresh is the last resort and usually the best. Installing just a bare minimum of apps to begin with and confirming the problem is gone is a good idea before starting to install all apps again. It will also confirm that the phone and ROM are fine and help isolate apps that create the problem as they get installed.

If all that fails and you see a vast majority of users complaining about the same problem, then fair, blame the update, but we're simply not there. Making noise on things like these without taking the proper steps to be certain first can only confuse the developers and that will have an impact on the entire ROM development.

Btw, I am typing this on 3.5.4 with 29% battery life left, 5:50 hours SOT and have unplugged the phone more than a day ago. I have not disabled a thing, don't use dark themes, don't use greenify, no tricks required.

rmsop3t likes this.
  6. Vaibhav_lucky1492
    Donut Dec 27, 2016

7. F_Frank_Huang_DPMY
    Cupcake Dec 27, 2016

mwolf93 likes this.
  8. G_A_Mannan_ZKEa
    Froyo Dec 27, 2016

9. F_Frank_Huang_DPMY
    Cupcake Dec 27, 2016

F_Frank_Huang_DPMY , Dec 27, 2016 :
    DW I feel you. same issue here

10. KforHorizon
    KitKat Dec 27, 2016

KforHorizon , Dec 27, 2016 :
    Haha no that's not what I said! I said before crying out loud they should try factory resetting their phone and see if it solves the problem! I'm pretty sure it will!

11. tejashnaik
    Cupcake Dec 27, 2016

tejashnaik , Dec 27, 2016 :
    same issue with the battery additionally i also feel that some time for no reson the phone gets heated up .

12. F_Suresh_Naga_Aaui
    Cupcake Dec 27, 2016

13. pratik7777
    Donut Dec 27, 2016

pratik7777 , Dec 27, 2016 :
    guys if i reset and format my phone so can I get old OTA 3.5.3? because this update is not good for my phone I have fingerprint issue and heavy battery drain so please help..

G_Mohit_Kakad_xYcD likes this.
  14. Pratik_Kotian04
    Cupcake Dec 27, 2016

15. G_Salvatore_Martorana_bj
    Cupcake Dec 27, 2016

16. Baibhav_Kumar
    Honeycomb Dec 27, 2016

Baibhav_Kumar , Dec 27, 2016 :
    I keep dark theme, dark wallpaper, animation to 0.5x and dats it for me

17. G_Thomas_Sanderson_Bcwf
    Cupcake Dec 27, 2016

G_Thomas_Sanderson_Bcwf , Dec 27, 2016 :
    But my phone is brand new? and the battery is draining incredibly quickly with hardy any apps installed and when idle!

18. G_Thomas_Sanderson_Bcwf
    Cupcake Dec 27, 2016

19. ShredMeister
    Honeycomb Dec 27, 2016

ShredMeister , Dec 27, 2016 :
    I never said the phone is perfect. Just like in any other model, there might be models with problems, your run of the mill lemon, but that is different from saying a certain update is to blame of battery drain problems.

If on your particular case you have tried it all and it won't work, I would return it and ask for a new unit.

Good luck

20. aneesh715
    Donut Dec 27, 2016

aneesh715 , Dec 27, 2016 :
    reboot in recovery mode(through developer options) and wipe cache. It will be better. worked for me.