Unified Op3 heating issues thread

1. lokendra_111
    Gingerbread Jun 16, 2016

lokendra_111 , Jun 16, 2016 :
    Hi guys, I received my OP3 few hours back and experiencing little over heat at the back panel after charging and while I am using it.

Other than that I loved the beast.

One more the file manager is not good at all when ever you open it, it always show recent files.

I downloaded the CM file manager.

Anyone else facing the heating...???

Edited by moderation:

From now on this thread will be used to discuss possible heating issues on the op3. All new threads about this will be merged into this one.

Please be aware that all smartphones heat up on heavy use, if you have used smartphones for some time now you will for sure have noticed that. :p :D

If the temperatures remain around the standard values there's is nothing to worry about it. If the phone also heats up during standby time, then probably you have some "rogue" app that is using the soc power when it shouldn't, please check your battery consumption per app and you will probably find the app to blame.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2017

Nevabackdown, brunoavellar and vp1 like this.
  2. lokendra_111
    Gingerbread Jun 16, 2016

lokendra_111 , Jun 16, 2016 :
    And why the pre-applied screen guard leave some space from all sides, specially from left and right side???

3. LionelDVD
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 16, 2016

john3293 and iag584 like this.
  4. Daniel Graham
    Gingerbread Jun 16, 2016

Daniel Graham , Jun 16, 2016 :
    Don't sweat the small stuff, all of these OP phones get hot, CPU heating. It wont hurt or affect anything, nature of the beast. also, the screen protector is a temporary one, not meant for long term. there cheap. with the gaping, it wont effect or expose your phone to any scratches ect... enjoy the beast ;)-

Ozone74 likes this.
  5. rupedog
    Froyo Jun 16, 2016

rupedog , Jun 16, 2016 :
    Yes, my OP3 is getting hot, I attributed it to loading all my files etc on it. I hope it goes away in the next couple of days.

6. osvaleriano
    Eclair Jun 16, 2016

osvaleriano , Jun 16, 2016 :
    It's possible to use a heat gun and apply the protector in all the edges?

Nevabackdown and Tbjames like this.
  7. droid.

droid. , Jun 16, 2016 :
    It kills my thought to read what's ahead, when someone doesn't name the phone correctly.
    Anyways, regarding the heating, the peer review guys have tested it, used it while charging too and they didn't find any heat which can be talked about.
    Let's see what's there in more reviews.

Almost all stock apps like gallery, file manager, video player, music player etc are meh in all phones. I always disable/uninstall them and go for third party apps.
    Regarding file managers, nothing can touch Solid Explorer.

girishb86 likes this.
  8. fragargon
    Honeycomb Jun 16, 2016

fragargon , Jun 16, 2016 :

9. Capta1nZap

Capta1nZap , Jun 16, 2016 :
    Try X-plore if you want the best file manager, I've been using it since symbian times and it rocks !

Varunadg and lokendra_111 like this.
  10. droid.

droid. , Jun 16, 2016 :
    Thanks, I've tried every file manager anyone names, but I always end up with Solid because it has the best customisability + features.

11. Capta1nZap

Capta1nZap , Jun 16, 2016 :
    You won't use anything else once you see it's features. But for me it may be nostalgia from Nokia Symbian times :)

12. osvaleriano
    Eclair Jun 16, 2016

osvaleriano , Jun 16, 2016 :
    fragargon
    I don't said to use the gun on max lvl, I mean you can use low heat just to warm the plastic and evade any damage on screen.

[​IMG]

13. droid.

droid. , Jun 16, 2016 :
    I agree features are nice, but UI is total meh.
    Solid has all those features along with nice productivity and customization.

14. grk007
    Honeycomb Jun 16, 2016

15. RahulEdara
    Froyo Jun 18, 2016

16. F_Gm_Teenykimi_Lujg
    Gingerbread Jun 18, 2016

F_Gm_Teenykimi_Lujg , Jun 18, 2016 :
    Nothing too serious. feels quite cool when it isn't running anything too intensive.
    Fire up some heavy duty games, it gets warm to touch.

17. radiac93
    Eclair Jun 18, 2016

radiac93 , Jun 18, 2016 :
    Haven't had any heating issues so far, not even when I transferred all of my data from my OPO to my OP3 using the NFC method when first booting. So it downloaded over 2GB in content in a short amount of time, installed all of that and I was playing around with the phone in the meantime.. No heating.
    Charged it with the Dash-charger last night, stays cooler than my OPO while charging.

18. SoniaB
    Nougat Senior Moderator Jun 18, 2016

SaltLife, pa5t1s, mwayner and 4 others like this.
  19. MarmiteX1
    Gingerbread Jun 18, 2016

MarmiteX1 , Jun 18, 2016 :
    Isn't that apparent in most modern phones when it comes to gaming?

20. F_Gm_Teenykimi_Lujg
    Gingerbread Jun 18, 2016

F_Gm_Teenykimi_Lujg , Jun 18, 2016 :
    True, Fire up some VR games. and it gets scalding hot to touch. :confused:
    should do VR for like only 30mins a session i think.