Unified Op3 heating issues thread

1. Sir_Mike
    Eclair Mar 1, 2017

Sir_Mike , Mar 1, 2017 :
    I dont own a OnePlus 3T yet, i dont plan on getting one soon, but as a Galaxy S6 owner i also face the same issue every so often, even mass battery drain even when the phone has sat on my bed side overnight at 100% battery. its either dead by morning 6-8 hours later. or warm to the touch..turning it off and letting it sit for a while works for me..

I'd do what people are suggesting, a ful system restore with backing your data up first should work. it doesn't hurt to give it a try.

2. Vignesh Balakrishnan
    Cupcake Mar 1, 2017

Vignesh Balakrishnan , Mar 1, 2017 :
    Dear One Plus,
    Same issue.... I have been using my one plus 3 for past 2 Months. I have been facing heating issue often only when I keep my one plus 3 in my pocket.If I keep in my pocket all of the sudden it get started heating...don't know why??? Plz Help me...

3. VinayakPadala
    Cupcake Mar 1, 2017

VinayakPadala , Mar 1, 2017 :
    hi everyone even I had the same issue. I could overcome it by turning on the Pocket Mode in settings in Advanced option.

Then clear the cache by getting into recovery mode.

4. F_Arun_Kumar_HsOg
    Cupcake Mar 1, 2017

5. sinha.sandy
    Gingerbread Mar 1, 2017

sinha.sandy , Mar 1, 2017 :
    Remove Facebook app. It is the main reason for battery lose and heating up of the phone.

nurhuda likes this.
  6. Jayanth_2250
    Donut Mar 1, 2017

Jayanth_2250 , Mar 1, 2017 :
    Hi, I had this same problem and I followed the steps below and I have seen a big change:
    Go to settings and in the backup and reset menu, set back up my data to off. This has improved my battery life. Just turn this on when you want to back up your phone. I know this is a work around the problem, but does the job till OnePlus comes up with a solution.

7. Hedrush
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 1, 2017

Hedrush , Mar 1, 2017 :
    I'm now convinced all these battery drain and heating up threads are to do with the cellular radio struggling to find a signal in areas with a shit cellular network. It kind of makes sense as the cellular radio is a battery drainer in itself and if it's constantly trying to connect to a network this would in turn cause the phone to heat up.

Solution, move to a country with a better cellular network ;)

8. aayushparikh16
    Donut Mar 1, 2017

9. Pankajpatil089
    Donut Mar 2, 2017

Pankajpatil089 , Mar 2, 2017 :
    Hi everyone my OnePlus 3 is getting hot in outdoor when I m using give me any suggestions for this .

10. Nithin_Joseph
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 2, 2017

11. Ibinu
    Froyo Mar 2, 2017

Ibinu , Mar 2, 2017 :
    turn off the pocket mode off and then on again.
    if these doesnt solve the problem wipe the cache from recovery

Konshu likes this.
  12. gonath
    Froyo Mar 2, 2017

gonath , Mar 2, 2017 :
    Yes, If we are in direct sunlight OP3 is getting hot even if the mobile is in my pocket. I think this is normal.

Pankajpatil089 likes this.
  13. pratikpawar11
    Eclair Mar 2, 2017

pratikpawar11 , Mar 2, 2017 :
    I agree that it can help but again, it's not a perfect solution. To be honest I'm expecting a better work from op. We just can't do the rest thing every now & then. They should act more responsibly before releasing updates. Pretty upset with op.

F_Hemanth_Manem_bISv likes this.
  14. F_Hemanth_Manem_bISv
    Eclair Mar 2, 2017

pratikpawar11 likes this.
  15. Amiga4000
    Gingerbread Mar 2, 2017

Amiga4000 , Mar 2, 2017 :
    heating comes from running app in background, looks like pocket mode not enabled or alike.
    look into settings for most battery users, as noted literally 100 times in forum here.
    Wi-Fi and Mobile Data is the new function noted in update notes, read them for a fix.

16. manjot1469
    Cupcake Mar 2, 2017

17. Alpha Mike Foxtrot
    KitKat Mar 2, 2017

Alpha Mike Foxtrot , Mar 2, 2017 :
    This isn't a new issue. In fact, people have been facing this since 3.2.8.
    The current workaround for this is to go to the Sound settings and turn off Screenshot sound.

As for the battery drain, the best solution is to take a backup and factory reset.
    Also, check which apps are causing a major drain. Or if they are preventing the phone from going to doze.

18. jensar
    Cupcake Mar 2, 2017

jensar , Mar 2, 2017 :
    This video helped me, i had the same heating problem and processor draining my battery like hell

19. G_Edgar_Mauricioo_Escala
    Cupcake Mar 2, 2017

20. tanmay jain 844
    Froyo Mar 2, 2017