Its a inown problem with facebook and fb messwnger

Uninstall them and it will be normal gain

Thread closed

2. F_Kurt__Rumble_puVd
    Cupcake Jan 10, 2017

3. boseabhishek
    Cupcake Jan 10, 2017

boseabhishek , Jan 10, 2017 :
    restart a couple of times and wait.. for 10 mins thr issue should resolve..

4. wahaj.kazi
    Cupcake Jan 10, 2017

wahaj.kazi , Jan 10, 2017 :
    Dude, if anyone is acting like a kid, it's you. I have deleted fb and messenger and yes it has worked. but all I'm saying it's not a permanent solution. and I hope it's fixed soon. As for tantrums and all that, if people don't complain these companies don't care. so yeah everyone's entitled to their opinion. Plus, if you don't like it, don't read it, you're not entitled to tell people what to do either. Just because you 'figured out' how to solve the problem before doesn't give you the right to belittle people and call them kids. But oh well dude, you were right about fb. it did fix it temporarily and thanks for that. :) I am not looking for an argument here dude, so cheers.

5. Kiran.a.joseph
    Jelly Bean Jan 10, 2017

Kiran.a.joseph , Jan 10, 2017 :
    One application can drain the battery and impact the performance. If the sync frequency is increased, the app will keep on polling for notifications in the background and drain the battery even if the application is not opened.

vishnudrdz likes this.
  6. Kiran.a.joseph
    Jelly Bean Jan 10, 2017

Kiran.a.joseph , Jan 10, 2017 :
    I still use fb in my OP 3T after disabling the notification access for fb and setting it to aggressive doze mode and app auto-launch restriction. FB used 5% battery for past 2 days and I have 19% battery left

7. Jovericain
    Gingerbread Jan 10, 2017

Jovericain , Jan 10, 2017 :
    I had the same problem... Facebook update almost killed my phone! once removed, it got back to its real performance and battery life!

8. surajxp1
    Cupcake Jan 11, 2017

9. Willie Hurx
    Froyo Jan 11, 2017

10. vignesh_abi
    Cupcake Jan 11, 2017

vignesh_abi , Jan 11, 2017 :
    HI Even im also facing the issue while using application its getting lotta heat kindly fix the bug

11. vignesh_abi
    Cupcake Jan 11, 2017

12. vishnudrdz
    Eclair Jan 11, 2017

vishnudrdz , Jan 11, 2017 :
    this is the problem with the FB app Broo not only 1+ many Android phones r facing this issue . Kindly uninstall the FB app and messenger and check

Khan iqbal akhtar likes this.
  13. Khan iqbal akhtar
    Cupcake Jan 11, 2017

14. hemangashah
    Cupcake Jan 11, 2017

hemangashah , Jan 11, 2017 :
    I ve 3T OS 3.5.4

my device heats up very rapidly

I hve Turned off all notification,
    no extra app installed,

batt drain v fast,

turn off Data, Wifi, Bluetooth,
    VOLTE CON

All Auto Updates, and SYnc turned off, but still gets Heat

still no solution

Solution No SETTLE

15. xblubb
    Cupcake Jan 11, 2017

xblubb , Jan 11, 2017 :
    Just uninstall all facebook-apps (facebook, messenger, etc)...
    Then clean up cache&dalvik.
    For me the problem was solved then...seems to be a problem with facebook...

16. xblubb
    Cupcake Jan 11, 2017

xblubb , Jan 11, 2017 :
    problem was solved for me after uninstalling facebook&messenger, cleaned up cache&dalvik.

17. skkrbt
    Donut Jan 11, 2017

skkrbt , Jan 11, 2017 :
    I have uninstalled FB and Messenger, reinstalled and restarted phone.....so far so good, but haven't opened either app yet. Did this yesterday evening and fine overnight/this morning.

18. Raj_Prince
    Froyo Jan 11, 2017

Raj_Prince , Jan 11, 2017 :
    Thanks guys, seems issue is resolved after uninstalled the FB n messenger.. but what will be the permanent solution for this?

19. vachanchaudhari
    Froyo Jan 11, 2017

vachanchaudhari , Jan 11, 2017 :
    you spend only 30k for 6gb ram and sp 821 bro its far to enough in 30k

20. OnePlusThom
    Froyo Jan 11, 2017

OnePlusThom , Jan 11, 2017 :
    I am a bit concerned because I also thought the problem came with the last version of Facebook and Messenger. I uninstalled them and turned my phone off so it can cool down.

After one hour, I decided to turn it on again, I let it with data and wifi OFF and everything was fine. After 30 minutes I decide to turn WiFi ON again to check a piece of information and after only 2 minutes on Chrome, the phone became hot again in the camera area.

I'm a bit lost. The phone is not even 1 month old, I don't want to hard reset it and clean its cache and dalvik yet. My wife just got her 3T Soft Gold yesterday and I told her not to use it until this is really fixed.

It has been 48h since the problem started, and yet OnePlus didn't even give us one single piece of info. That's not right. I was 100% sure it was FB and Messenger fault, I'm not that sure anymore... :(

[EDIT] Just saw this on OnePlus Europe Facebook Page :

[​IMG]

It seems that ALL Facebook apps are concerned. I also had a Facebook Page Manager app which i just removed as well.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017

Ashu160289 likes this.